[Guide] Comprehensive Guide to Light Assault

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Iridar51, Jan 5, 2013.

1. gunshooter

FYI Medkit heals you to full instantly. No reason to use Resto kits.
  2. Raidashi

Wow...

Just... Wow...

Best written guide i've seen on these forums yet.
  3. gunshooter

If you're playing LA indoors you should be HA.
  4. Torok

nice guide indeed! and oh man i want a slugshotgun with no bullet drop now! :D
  5. Iridar51

Well, It does cost 20 certs less :p Thx for the info.
    Well, you can't always switch. Besides, what about storming through the windows? Or solo capturing cap points behind enemy lines, just to bait and ambush some enemies.Would be stupid to die to a mine afterwards.

I've seen a suicide engineer one day. He ran to a cap point which I and fellow comrade were capturing. He placed a mine, than got shot in the face. Next second mine killed my comrade and left me with 1 bar of hp.
  6. gunshooter

Yeah you're gonna find yourself indoors sometimes, but not really enough to warrant flak armor. I can't remember dying to an AI mine on my LA. Like you said, your entrance points will often be unconventional such as via the roof staircases or windows, so you can avoid the usual mine locations.
  7. Iridar51

Oh, my, you're right, I actually duplicate the whole page -_-
    I'll get it fixed when I'll be able to.
  8. IshanDeston

Flak Armor does protect from mines. I have level 2 on all my chars, level 3 on my Medic and i am always the first in a room, if possible, because i do survive them. TR as well as VS mines are soaked all the same. As Engineer i can also confirm people are surviving my NC Personal Mines.

Unfortunately you can only edit a guide for 30 minutes. I would love to post updates to mine as well, but at the end of the day, people will have to read your thread in full, or you have to repost them.

Also unfortunate is the fact that the search function sometimes doesn't seem to find guides, even with the Guide tag. I suggest you add your Guide into your signature. It would be a sad affair if such a good guide would be lost.
  9. Achmed20

AFAIK they are bugged currently. in beta they never healed you fully while resto did.
  10. Siilk

A an experienced LA andI approve of that guide. :cool: Great work, Indar51!
  11. Iridar51

Don't worry, it's sticky =)
    I know, I'm working with a member of SOE staff on finding a way to bypass that.
  12. Vorpal

Great thread. Well done.
  13. WacKo

Someone clearly has to much free time.
  14. Iridar51

It actually took me about 12-16 hours, but, yeah, you're right :)
    Says BR 61
  15. WacKo

Br 75*

Don't you have like

NC 45
    TR 45
    VS 45?
  16. Corezer

unlike you, who doesn't even have the time to type a second "o"

OOOOOOOOH
    zing!
  17. WacKo

[IMG]
  18. Iridar51

Nah, I've recently reached BR 27 =) I'm not a frequent user of boosts though.
    • Up x 1
  19. bogroll

Superb guide - a labour of love. Have it BM'd and will post the link on our site. Thank you Iridar!
  20. exLupo

Putting your carbine in a MAXes face can be a very, very bad idea. Even if they're unaware, they get right smart when the bullets start landing. I regularly have members of any class decided that 2xAA/AV is an easy mark and to get under the guns, only to be meleed to death. Lots of MAX users don't realize that they can swing those steel clubs but those that do regularly punish softies who stray too close. And by "too close" I mean anything within Charge distance.

Keep at least 10m off and be ready to jet if they charge. That one mod keeps a MAX alive longer than any other mod so assume any solo MAX will be wearing one. If they back around a corner, expect them to be waiting for you to follow. They can tank your bullets, you cannot tank their fists.

---

Also, regarding my comment on Flash grenades, it looks like they brought the white-out radius so they're still better than frags, imo (no TK on bad throws, etc.) but are only good indoors or if you can really put the biscuit in the basket.

---

All tolled, great guide. Really looking forward to the love that dev has in store for the LA. I ****** out a Lynx for my engi (advanced laser accuracy with hipfire mobility is a shocking advantage) and recently got back to LA life and am having a great time.