RECAP: Friday Night Ops - Episode 15

Discussion in 'Friday Night Ops' started by Luperza, Dec 22, 2012.

1. ({x})Kyoji

Here is a picture of what happened as soon as TotalBiscuit logged off and the VA went to Indar to stop the TR from ninja stealing it.

If I rewind this an hour the TR had up to Mekala and we had just taken Tumas. NC were pushed a bit further into our territory trying to take Iknam.

[IMG]
  2. sokar

VS wins. Hands down.

The only faction to not get warpgated on Amerish tonight. Welcome to the Onslaught chumps.

/Salute VA-Team
    • Up x 1
  3. Revanmug

By the nine hells! VS possibly losing Indar! That's terrible news! Quickly, all to Indar!
    I'm so sorry, I just had... to... say it...

I'll be franc, the only things that we were trying to do was getting to the party and "crashing it" in some ways. Capping territory wasn't the main idea, it was just a necessity to get to the battle. All report at the beginning were that the fight were near Heyoka which explain why we went directly to the Bastion which is in VS territory. Sadly, almost every single time, TR were already pretty much beat up by the VS and we were just the cleaning major VS force and TR reinforcement. Later on, NC forces split between Bastion and Mekala to hold both section of Amerish centerish mountain. VS was pushing toward TR anyway and TB was nowhere to be seen.

-Indar has too much sand. Sand gets everywhere. Not the biggest fan of Space Mexico.
    -Esamir has too much snow and ice. I see meters of snow for a few months every year. I don't need more winter from Space Canada.
    -Amerish got maybe too much mountain but at least, it got many many trees with mostly green terrain and some rare little river. I prefer Space Murica. I also think most base are simply better on Amerish. but I'm not saying you are wrong. Just different taste.

As for the TR tonight, it's always the case. They seem pretty hard to fight but it is usually because of them having higher pop almost constantly. God help us when they get solid outfits that can do maneuver for the entire TR faction.
  4. ({x})Kyoji

TR organized? heh doubtful. I would say the only reason NC are a bit more organized now is because their entire population rests in like 4 outfits. If XoO had enough members to field 6 platoons we would own all 3 continents.

TL;DR - Join XoO ~ www.xoohq.com
  5. IvanDrago

From the look of that map, the VS and NC were double teaming the TR :/
  6. Conq

Haha, my outfit considered going VS for the night to help stomp down BRIT. Glad to hear you didn't need a hand.
    • Up x 1
  7. Inviso

Was anybody on NC side capturing video? I want to see a lib's POV from that air zerg they tried, and got responded to with a platoon of Burster MAXes.

AA Tracers going up were pretty impressive, and watching Libs drop like flies made me happier than a hobo with a happy meal.
  8. WNxPlatinum

Good times last night. Seeing the DVS lib spam was impressive, albit not affective it was fun to see. The AA comin out of Hayokia Tech on the other had was like watching a Planetarium light show of death.

Nice job to everyone that participated..
  9. Raichu

Why does the video not work?
  10. zib1911

Imperial Reach was running last night, we did not control the TR zerg. We did have a nice little armor battle with DVS at Moss Basin Mine Shaft, until the VS showed up and got in the way :). It was a great fight with a even balance of all types of combat, Iam glad we could take part, and there was some DVS to kill :)
  11. ({x})Kyoji

I watched the video by the developers. Seems a bit chaotic. Would have been better to get in touch with the commanders before hand to better understand the tactics. For example the reason VS pushed to the warpgate was to weaken the front lines and draw fire - a classic bait/switch. TBH it doesn't seem like the commentary was created from a tactical approach and was discussed as if lemmings were trading blows. It seems like whenever I hear "why are they not defending?" - well it is because we/they are mobilizing somewhere else.

Overall I am quite pleased with the event. At the end when we grabbed Tumas and TotalBiscuit logged off we had a good portion of the map and a much lower population.

Hopefully the developers can work on server population issues. If the TR had a coordinated force like VA I feel as though they would be dominant on Waterson.

Next time perhaps we will throw a large group of air or tanks together to show off more.
  12. SpartanZero

You will have to go to the actual site an click on the video links listed below for it to play. The link on this thread just takes you to the stream video format, which is only running when it's live.
  13. Sashaa

Thank you for a great game!!!!
    • Up x 1
  14. Luperza Community Manager

Recap is up so you can now view the videos on the original post. :)

Hope you all enjoyed the show! See you next Friday.
    • Up x 1
  15. Inzababa

doesn't look like there was much steam rolling at all though hehe :)
  16. sokar

WTB VS commentary. No offense but listening to TR/NC focused commentators that only know zerg is really just sad. No sense of tactics and just sit around wondering what the VS are doing so they sit above a zerg column while the VS are warpgating the TR with a platoon.

Lets watch 50 tanks do nothing while we have a platoon holding off a faction for 10 minutes.
    • Up x 1
  17. Haterade

You know one of the developers was attached to a VS squad and the other one is well-known for playing and running a VS faction, right? By the way, both of the developers on FNO work on the combat area of the game. To say they don't know anything other than zerg combat is laughable because they're the creators of the combat we all study.

Did you even watch the episode? The developers were talking about tactics the entire time. They even mentioned the role repair Sunderers play on the battlefield. You can't really get more into-the-weeds of tactics than talking about repair Sunderers; few people ever mention those and fewer deploy them.

What happened was the VS didn't have good communication with the developer attached to them (did you notice it took them ten minutes to even get him a squad invite?). Not the developers' fault. Further, they talked all about the tactics of the VS cutting off TR's warpgate (both good and bad). Good: They went over and over about how the VS was cutting off TR's resources by holding the hexes adjacent to the warpgate. Bad: They held onto one base for far too long after it was clear they weren't going to be able to re-cutoff TR from their warpgate. They beat the "VS cutting off TR warpgate" horse for what seemed to be 15 or 20 minutes. Not that I'm complaining, mind you; the developers were talking about the tactics inherent in denying resources to the other faction. You don't really see much talk about resources at all anywhere.

Clearly they had no sense of tactics. We should all bow down to the superior VS who in no way, shape, or form zerg at any time. Or we could watch the episode and figure out that you have no idea what you're talking about. Y'know, one or the other.
    • Up x 2
  18. Luperza Community Manager

We had little contact with the VS, so it was hard to know where they were and it took them awhile before they would invite Whisenhunt to their squad. :(

( FYI, I am VS4LIFE! They are my homies. )
    • Up x 2
  19. Haterade

I thought it funny you were hanging out with IR in a VS shirt. It's one of those spys we've heard so much about!
  20. Deringer

What can she say? Us IR guys are dead sexy.