PlanetSide 2 has stopped working crashes every 10-20 minutes

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Zergling, Nov 21, 2012.

1. MSG B

/Bump
    Just like everyone else....crash and crash and crash...

Event:
    Faulting application name: PlanetSide2.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x50d2d8a1
    Faulting module name: PlanetSide2.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x50d2d8a1
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x007ed9f0
    Faulting process id: 0x12fc
    Faulting application start time: 0x01cdeacfdd06ec7f
    Faulting application path: C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\PlanetSide 2\PlanetSide2.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\PlanetSide 2\PlanetSide2.exe
    Report Id: ae063d54-56c3-11e2-9cbd-902b3419e6d5

system:
    Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
    System Type- x64-based PC
    Processor- AMD FX-8150 Eight-Core Processor, 3.60 Mhz
    Installed RAM- 16.0 GB
    Available Physical Memory- 14.2 GB
    Total Virtual Memory- 32.0 GB
    Available Virtual Memory- 29.4 GB
    GPU- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 3 GB
  2. Zeewulf

Virtually 90% of the people reporting crashes are over your minimum spec's, you can tell that just from everyone's posts....
  3. HadesR

^ This .. and most had no problems what so ever until 2 weeks ago (ish)
  4. TSR AlexS Customer Service

We will still need to gather the necessary information to determine what's causing this. I will make sure this is escalated regardless but we are going to need your help by sending in those tickets. If there is a correlation between these issues, we will let you guys know.
  5. Creovex

My computer aces every AAA title out there on max settings and I seeing this constantly. It is about time you guys figure out this mass crash exploit going on or this game is going to have ZERO players in a month.
  6. Noppa

Yeah, my game play time has drop from RLY active to almost to none cos of those crashes, today tryed to play abit and game crashed in 2-3 min -.-

Most of the times crashes happens for me on those bigger defence / attack battles and it started around 1-2 week ago.
    So i suppose it is ether some kind of bug with the last bigger patch or then it is exploit(my money is for this one).

But yeah u got less then month to fix this problem and the other problems, if u ain't gonna make it.. no more money from this end to ur end, simple as that!!!
  7. SteelDusk

I just found out something a while ago: Planetside 2 burns CPU usage like rubber (especially during large battles). My CPU usage got over 60% during a siege on The Crown and the game starts lagging and flickering, before I decided to force-close the game.

No matter how good your processor is, Planetside 2 will hog it down and start lagging and crashing, regardless of other factors like your graphics card.

Sony Online Entertainment developers and officials, if you read this message, please find a way to make the game less resource-consuming (especially CPU usage).
  8. Rafaloz

Hello, i read about al solution for this "bug", on my computer it works!
    I think my problem is, that the RAM is too low because of my 32bit. With this, my pc gets more free useable RAM i think.

So you can try it: (German)

Klicke auf das Windows Symbol links unten
    Gebe "Ausführen" ein
    Klicke darauf, nun gebe "cmd" ein
    Ein schwarzes Fenster öffnet sich, dort gebe folgendes ein: bcdedit /set increaseuserva 3000
    Drücke Enter, nun dürftest du spielen können.

English:
    Type this in your command prompt as running with administrator.
    Planetside2 is limited to memory access on 32 bit Oses.
    bcdedit /set increaseuserva 3000
    Then try to play, you can play for hours upon hours with no crashes.

This code only works on my pc, when i set it on 3500, not 3000, you can try another numbers, if you want.
    I have made a video on Youtube, where you can see, what i mean, if you dont understand this german above.
  9. Rafaloz

Here is the Video, , its in german, but maybe you can understand some words. The only thing you have to do is to open administration window and copy bcdedit /set increaseuserva 3000( in my case, i have to tip in 3500) and press enter. After that i hope it works.

It appears that it only helps with 32 bit, for 64bit users, im sorry.
  10. Theonlyway

Operating System: Windows 8 Pro with Media Center 64-bit (6.2, Build 9200) (9200.win8_gdr.121119-1606)
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
    Memory: 16384MB RAM
    No page file everything is loaded straight in to memory
    2x GTX 580

Faulting application name: PlanetSide2.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x50d2d8a1
    Faulting module name: PlanetSide2.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x50d2d8a1
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x019e6122
    Faulting process id: 0x1810
    Faulting application start time: 0x01cdeb0cde032289
    Faulting application path: D:\PlanetSide 2\PlanetSide2.exe
    Faulting module path: D:\PlanetSide 2\PlanetSide2.exe
    Report Id: 80ff68d3-5701-11e2-be98-f46d0497db57
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

When the game crashes in a large battle the game is only using ~1.8GB of RAM even if the application is 32bit it's got another 2 GB to play with. Hell the game crashes in using less resources in empty areas. I only installed the game this week... Beta was flawless I didn't get any crashing during that...
  11. traum

Support ticket created.

btw ticket are limited to 1 by account but I have 3 differents issues : Sudden freeze / Screen flickering / Big slowdown then freeze...
    • Up x 1
  12. Kapin'

Guys Guys, its all getting clear now, if you have windows that has 32 bit, your computer will use 3,25 even if you have 8 GB, i think but that doesn't matter now, if you have 8 GB full of ram, you neeed to switch through console just like Rafaloz did, for your computer to use at least 6,25 GB of ram, game should run perfectly like that, for people that have only 4 GB, (like me XD) they need to wait for next patch to come out when SOE fixes that problem, i think there is no need for further complaints or questions, solution is simple, make your computer use 6,25 GB of ram IF YOU HAVE 8 GB, if you have 6, make it use 4,25 if you have 4, like i said, wait for them to fix that thing , do not use 4 GB of you have 4 because windows will have nothing to use then, if you still see those errors then i dont know how to solve that, let's hope SOE solves that then...
  13. Rafaloz

I have 4 GB RAM too :)
  14. Theonlyway

No, just no... A 32 bit OS can only address a maximum of 4GB of RAM. If you have 8 GB of RAM in your computer but have a 32bit OS the OS won't see anything above 4 (I'ts psychically impossible as the range of integer values that can be stored in 32 bits is 0 through 4,294,967,295. Hence, a processor with 32-bit memory addresses can directly access 4 GiB of byte-addressable memory.). Out of the 4GB of RAM in your 32bit OS it reserves about ~800MB for system resources so you in fact only get ~3.2GB (Enabling PAE in XP increaseuserva in Vista and up you can assign less memory to the kernal leaving more to applications to doing this is fixing an underlying issue) in modern day systems.

The only way to get above 4GB of RAM is to use a 64bit OS. Even then planetside2.exe is a 32bit application so it can also only address a maximum of 4GB of memory. The application needs to be 64bit in order to use more than 4GB of RAM.

Given the Planetside 2 executable on my system only uses about ~2GB of memory (Out of 16GB available in my computer) in large fights when it was crashing today I would highly doubt this issue is related to the amount of RAM available to systems. I'm guessing they have a memory leak in the code somewhere and given I can't see anywhere in the Planetside 2 directory that it logs application crashes I don't know how anyone here is going to give SOE the information they need outside of the ten thousand different possible hardware configurations everyone here is using so the best bet is to actually lodge the ticket and maybe their support peoples get you to run something to give them a nice debug tracelog.
    • Up x 1
  15. SteelDusk

It's definitely memory leak alright.
  16. Kapin'

okay... i was wrong...
  17. Kookamunga

There is a log that is generated on my PC , it is being created in here

C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\Planetside2\outofmemory.txt

Here is my last crash log from last night, it was generated probably a dozen times last night :)

18. SteelDusk

Whoa that's long! However I am very certain that the cause of the problem is a memory leak/CPU overusage.
  19. Grossalaud

I opened a ticket and here's the *womderful answer i got:
    `"Hello,

Thank you for contacting the customer service of Sony Online Entertainment.
    Francilien agent at your service!

I understand that you are experiencing crashes when you play PlanetSide 2.
    We are aware of recurring crashes in the game and our developers and engineers are actively working to resolve its anomalies.
    In the meantime, I invite you to take a look at the following link which lists suggestions to avoid crashes and freezes:

http://help.station.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/16158/kw/freezing/p/5833

Thank you for your understanding and your patience.
    I wish you a happy holiday season.
    Do not hesitate to contact us for more information.
    Thank you for playing PlanetSide 2!"

So no real answer.. and it still crash.. and crash.. and crash again..
  20. tonberry king

Have a look at my specs below, Even in large battles my processor doesn't use over 25%, RAM is the same, most resources for the game tend to use my GPU but that doesn't max out any more than normal.
    I get both the flickering and random crashes though, sometimes after 10 minutes of play, sometimes after a few hours, and it's not dependant on intensive situations, it can be anywhere anytime.
    I monitor my CPU, RAM and GPU and none of them spike. This definitely isn't a CPU issue and I tend to agree to some point with those who are saying it's a memory leak. Only thing is that a memory leak with a system like mine I would expect to happen after a while, not sure how this explains when I crash after just a few minutes sometimes.