What's the deal with TR on Matherson?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DXtreme, Jan 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DXtreme

So, the TR used to be competitive. We wouldn't own the other factions and they wouldn't really own us. I think for the most part, things were pretty even across the board. But, lately it seems like we're just getting rick-rolled all the time now. I don't really understand what the deal is. Are people leaving to join NC and VS or are they just leaving the game? We had like 40% pop last night and we owned the least amount of real estate. I'm just confused on what has happened to TR lately. I don't think our pop is really any more or less than NC or VS. Any one have any ideas?
  2. Compass

The same thing happened to VS on Helios. TR is at 25%, VS is at 40%, and guess who's doing the beatdown? The TR. Everyone appears to have joined VS Helios because of Tobuscus. Everyone, of course, except for the people who already played PS2. We've been able to aggressively hold about half Indar with a major population disadvantage that appears to only be broken by a major zerg.
  3. TeknoBug

Many TR flocked to VS, now that you can have more than one toon in different faction per server. I've seen players that I don't recognize and many of them act strnagely (out of the ordinary and suspicious).
    • Up x 1
  4. {joer

TR is the lowest pop on my server most of the time (soltech) but we tend to control the most territory because of organization. A couple of good outfits will do more for a faction then weapon buffs. The zerg is powerful but stupid and predictable.
  5. Madmojo

You have The Enclave, and when they fail night after night to break the VS lock on Indar, Buzz rages and moves to Esamir where NC nearly have a cont lock and a larger force. AOD and Bonk follow TE there. That leaves the TR percentages down in the teens on Indar. VS sweep the rest of the continent. He sent me a hate tell after I killed him with a Beamer. He did get to kill me in return in a fair fight. So I'll take the blame. He never got mad at me before when I killed him, so I'm guessing this must have sent him over the edge and made him split your faction between NC and VS heavy continents.
    • Up x 4
  6. Aerius

TR has never had the lowest population on Matherson. Just the other day it was 28-33-38 vs-nc-tr.
  7. Compass

No, read what he posted. He said TR pop was 40%, but was apparently unable to hold territory.
  8. Aerius

Messed up reply, meant for TeknoBug
  9. Cyridius

Well that's not true. We only ever move continent when all the other TR can't do **** despite having superior pop and us doing over half the job for them, and we just don't see the point in doing all the work for a bunch of incompetents who insult us and fail horribly at the same time. In those situations we move cont.
    It's not like we command the entire TR. The most we get on average is 3 platoons, if the entire TR pop minus us can't handle one continent, it's not on us. 2 days ago we spent 6 hours on Indar occupying the other 2 factions' main pop and TR couldn't take Amerish with 70-90% of the pop.

We had 40% pop last night but couldn't get a cont lock because the population was ******* up all on the West side of Indar, we had to bust 2 Bio Lab farms to get people moving, so after getting sick of that bull-crap we just moved to Esamir.

And I don't know Buzz as someone who rages over getting killed.
  10. CoffeeBreak

I'd assume the reason the Mattherson TR can have the highest population and manage the lowest territory controlled is because they are either guarding the terminals in the warpgate(afk or jumping around) or have 30 people trying to shoot out of a spawn room somewhere.

Yeah yeah it sounds like I'm trolling but seriously they have some of the most....er...interesting? strategies. It is very interesting seeing 100 TR get spawn camped by 10 VS. I can't help but think that a lot of the TR will do anything to protect their K/D.

It's like "OH **** A SCYTHE!!!!! HIDE IN THE SPAWN ROOM THEY HAVE US SURROUNDED!!!!" And I'll be that one dude that runs out, "Um guys there are 5 dude and a mag...and we have 35 people in this spawn room...."
    • Up x 3
  11. Bloodlet

Unfortunately I see VS do that too from time to time. I usually get on proximity chat and try to shame them into growing some balls but it doesn't work very often.
  12. Rothnang

TR on Mattherson was always just the Enclave, whenever they aren't doing any big operations the whole faction just shrinks into the background. That's the danger of largely relying on big outfits to carry you I guess.
  13. Bavieca

Need new tactics. You guys can't win the map by putting everybody in one location. Also, I believe it is stunting the level of skill of the average player on your side. When I encounter small groups of you I feel like I am a wolf amongst sheep, scoring 2-3 kills per life. This is a pretty sad state of affairs when my standard kdr is .3 ish. If the game tracked how much time the trigger is held down for a guy, you would see I am mostly operating a healing gun when people are shooting at me, that and trying to find new and inventive ways to crash my flash or being lib farmed by the VS, so 2-3 kills is amazing for me. Now don't get me wrong, some guys on your side are amazing, but most of the time I hear your weapons and start to smile. Not really trash talking, I just feel like I would be very let down by my faction if I was TR on Mattherson, which is funny since I am NC on Mattherson and NC don't fly.
  14. Aerius

Same goes for NC and GOON.
  15. Erik

I think it is a mix of people creating other characters, playing the faction who seems to be winning at the moment, and the fact that there really are not many large well organized outfits on TR. The NC and especially the VS have more well organized large outfits on Mattherson atm, many who have been working together since PS1. Many of the VS outfits on Mattherson not only coordinate with each other, but with VS outfits on Waterson as well. When people see NC or VS roll through and trample a given base, many will switch to another character to be part of the winning side.

We need timers to switch between characters on the same server as we did in PS1 to prevent this and reinforce faction rivalries. I would think this is also a result of bases/towers having poor base design and the burning flag capture system as opposed to 15 min hack and hold. Smaller outfits no matter how organized don't stand a chance currently. The underdog always looses with the current system. People hate to loose so they join the winning side.
  16. Bavieca

Many of our organized guilds are east coast.
  17. Pat Cleburne

Strength in Unity!
  18. KodiakX

It depends on the time actually.

During the day it's pretty equal around 32-33% all around. During prime time (5pm - 11pm) TR pick up a population boost and tend to jump up to around 38-40%. However after prime time into the early morning hours TR actually dips down super low to around 25-28%.

While I can understand getting your Magrider pushes crushed under 100+ Mosquitos or 20+ Liberators might seem like the Enclave is the entire TR force they actually only account for a relatively small % of the over all TR forces maybe 20-25% during prime time. At tops you're looking at around 3ish Platoons which there are numerous other outfits that field whole platoons of their own on the other sides. That leaves a large number of other TR that seemingly get pushed around and are largely ineffective. You can easily roll a character over there and see what I'm talking about.
  19. Nacasatu

Rolling on virtually empty continents, capping empty bases, not a fight to be had... Welcome to TR on Mattherson...

The few of us TR that do fight (I'm primarily VS but enjoy playing TR too) end up without the main zerg and organised outfits support due to them insisting on ghosting empty bases on empty continents. Don't believe, come see for yourself. Soon as VS push a TR zerg back, that's it, they give up and run away to farm a few certs.

TR need to find their balls again.
    • Up x 2
  20. DeadOnArrival

Also play TR on Math and yes i am in Bonk. I have been wondering this too. We cannot seem to break the NC on either of their 2 continents for more than 6 or so hours. (late night, forget about it, we will always lose it then.) I think it is organization, skill, and flexibility. Have you ever noticed that when we have 3/4 of the non-indar continents GOON (and another group i can't think of at them moment, sorry) will drop what they are doing and come fight to prevent the capture. WE will not do that. I believe. I don't think our side has ANY real leadership. We tend to be lemmings. I also don't get why we will destroy our solid zergs on the crown but we won't put more than 20 people there to defend it when we do cap it, at least not anymore. We also appear to believe we don't need aircover 1/3 of the time. When i came over her we used used to always seem to be at a disadvantage pop wise but we gave em hell, now I just don't know.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.