[Suggestion] Add shields to buildings

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Cyridius, Dec 27, 2012.

1. Being@RT

What's a 'nice size zerg'? I haven't heard of a lack of zergs recently.

..or maybe it will just take time before you succeed? There are certain terrain features that make the job of stopping a zerg a lot easier, but unfortunately the frontline isn't always around these places.

As for making videos, the game client has inbuilt video capture and upload to youtube, you just need the youtube account.
  2. ABATTLEDONKEY

thats gonna be an hour long video..........

you think we kill dozens of tanks with our magic button? Geez, theres PLENTY of videos on youtube for how to kill tanks. take a gander at them and then, oh i dont kow, apply it.
  3. ABATTLEDONKEY

sooooooo should I detail out EVERY single engagement Ive had with any sizable force? I mean seriously? you talk of peoples stupidity on forums (childish) and then you cant even comprehend the simple idea of an example? we are talking about whether or not things can be done. Im telling you that not only have they been done, but here are 2 examples of how they are done. but you want me to give you a timeline history of my gameplay? sheez!

based on what you and the biz man have been saying you are always under-manned and under-gunned. you want a way to fight back while being less in numbers and deficient in firepower. that is pretty much the definition of a wonder weapon. Also you never said that Solo MBT's were a flaw. if you had said that, we would never had a disagreement. I like the idea of a 3 man tank. the the thread here is about zergs, not tank skill.
  4. Dasbag

There are a few problems with the game.

1:Base design, the bases offer no benefits that a normal base would offer. Turrets do nothing, the spawn is outside of the main structure and the courtyard is open game for tanks with HE shells and liberators. The norm is to sit and shell the spawn. most people would say "WELL THEN RESPAWN SOMEWHERE ELSE AND FLANK!" but I would say that we actually make the bases act like a base and should provide protection. At the moment they are nothing more than a temporary road block. It is obvious from your post on page one that you have a some kind of bias because you consider vehicle combat in every other game a novelty. I would gather from that you support the current state of tank zerg because of this.

Tanks are used for everything, why use anything else? You can sit outside of a spawn and farm kills with little to no risk on yourself. Infantry has been reduced to a novelty item that you use to get into the hard to reach spaces. Air and ground armor fills any combat role better and is much more accessible. You no longer need a dedicated driver and gunner to utilize a tank, you get massive firepower at your finger tips.

As it is the only bases that provide a tiny bit of protection are the Crown and the biolabs.

1: the biolabs are shielded and on giant stilts which reduces the tank zerg to circling around waiting for tasty morsels to come their way( you know you have seen this so don't even try to lie) and Liberators are reduced to bombarding the pad entrances hoping for a few scraps of EXP. Infantry is the only method of taking these bases.

2: the Crown is on a mountain peak with a chokepoint, the tank zerg that attempt to go up the path faces being blocked by wreckage of their team and being bombarded from the walls. Air is kept at bay from the four pads and the ability to use maxes and the turrets despite their paper armor. Infantry is reduced to using the less steep slope on the right, the path on the back or the strategically placed rocks for light assault.

There is a reason people stay away from the Crown because it devolves into pelting them with artillery and taking potshots from a distance because everyones scared of leaving their wonderful tanks.

With what you say you think this is a "learn to play issue" which is ignoring a countless list of flaws. You may think you are some paragon of the gameplay but you are suffering from just as much tunnel vision as you think I am. Not everyone wants to close their eyes and pretend that everything is ok.

Wanna retort?
    Go away, you are annoying.
  5. ABATTLEDONKEY

well way to address any of my other points. Ill just go ahead and claim my victory prize now *yoink*, as neither you nor the bizman want to actually difute any of the points that I made. at this stage, your only real argument is "I cant do it, and I havent seen it happen, there fore it is impossible".

No it diddnt go over my head. Im going off of what Ive been given. Like I said in the post above, you guys seem to want to have an ability to fight a bigger force with more firepower. Thats just a farce! yes tactics make such a thing possible, but (in this thread at least) this ability to fight back must be done with infantry only which completely negates the point of a combined arms game.
  6. Dasbag

Look at the post above before circle jerking on your pedestal buddy.
  7. ABATTLEDONKEY

LOL!!!!!!! I WIN!!

wanna retort?
  8. Dasbag

You are a tool.
  9. JohnnyMaverik

Because NC and TR have never shelled a spawn room with their MBT's, Libs and Podding ESF's...
  10. ABATTLEDONKEY

so i win?
  11. Dasbag

You are both complaining about how I am not offering any actual arguments and just using insults to try and win an argument and then simultaneously start insulting me to try and prove a point. You are both falling into hypocrisy and fallacy.

Either you are his alt account and trying to drum up fake support, are a troll or you are really this ignorant as to whats going on and just trying to join in on a fight for the sake of feeling special.

TL;DR HURP DRUP GUIS I WINS

I provided a post above but its easy to skirt over that right?
    • Up x 1
  12. ABATTLEDONKEY

13. ABATTLEDONKEY

oh sweetcheeks i replied. dont worry. you posted AS i was writing. give it a few min. sheez. also point out where i started insulting and ill point out the dozens of points that you skipped right over. seriously dude, im engaging about 10 of my brain here and 5% is for breathing.(that was an insult, but at this point i feel a little sarcastic jab is ok between friends right?)
  14. Dasbag

I am not suggesting negating vehicles completely, they server a purpose in between bases in aiding the push to the base. Tanks can server a purpose in taking a base but at the moment they ARE whats taking the base, they cant capture sure but that job is left to a small group of infantry which are necessary to get into the hard to reach spaces. Bases need to be the place where infantry go toe to toe, vehicles have their fame everywhere else.
    I never said a tank was capable of capturing a base, see above post.

So they hit the mark on those two places and miss it on every other place? It seems more like they got lucky.
    Think of something to actually type next time
    Which is why when people go there the chatbox fills with"FOR GODS SAKE PLEASE DON'T GO TO THE CROWN"

*copied words to sound cocky and look cool*
    • Up x 1
  15. Sabreur

Speaking as a die-hard rocket spammer... I actually like this idea. A lot. It's simple, it builds on what's already there, and it doesn't demand that anything be heavily buffed or nerfed.
    • Up x 1
  16. Cyridius

See why I'm mad? I wish I could ban people from posting in my threads and derailing it with stupidity.
    • Up x 1
  17. Cyridius

Ingame, press the PgUp button. You can go into options(can't remember which, but it's in the ingame menu somewhere) and adjust the quality so it effects your frames as little as possible. Then upload it to YouTube.
  18. ABATTLEDONKEY

19. L1ttlebear

well we agree on one thing bizzie :p I will try to get you a video of come tank stomping ASAP! Than we can put this debate to its end
  20. Winfield

I like it how you treat this "debate" as if you have actual facts to "prove" something other than biased opinions.

Vehicles > more vehicles. Everything else is situational at best or just zerging.

(I guess it's hard for libby gunners to let go)