The LONE WOLF syndrome

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Desann, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Zotamedu

You have the one man MBT. It's designed around one driver so there's not that much difference between that and the lightning. Such a waste since it would be a really awesome weapon if you let the gunner use the big gun so the driver could focus on driving.
  2. SeniorChief

Yes I agree with you !00% and lets hope that sony fixes this FPO to make it the game they promised.
    There are numerious problems in the game that can be fixed to allow the FPO camper to succede and still favor the way the game was ment to be played. I guess that this is SERVER related more than faction related or style related.

I too play on Gunuddine and you speak the truth here, at least ,and if I could transfer to another server withot having to start all over again I would at least try it out::

It appers you are getting a lot more readers than I did when I posted my lets rebel post to get them to fix the many bugs explots, and hacks that are going on. number 1 on my list is why dosent minimap show enemy activity in owned property?? I dont mean cloaked.

I have put in numerious bug reports and made many post here and I am about to pull the plug on them(sony) Ilove the game!! and dont want to leave Iplayed planetside1( i called an exercise in futility) and never got good at it but enjoyed it just the same.

Being a whimp weps ,underpowered under armored vehicle, TR Hell my own tank mines wont even kill me when I step on one,let alone kill a tank or magrider!!!~!!! YET WEPONS ARE BALANCED!! 1 SHOT FROM AN NC SNIPER TAKES OUT A MAX!!!

i COULD ACCEPT THESE MINOR PROBLEMS IF THERE WAS A BALANCE, WHY DOES AN INFILTRATOR LEAVE A BASE TO PREP THE NEXT FOR THE SQUAD OR PALTOON WHEN HE GETS NO CERTS FOR THE TAKE OVER,
    WHY ARE THERE MORE POINTS GIVEN TO THE SPAWN CAMPER THAN THE ORGANIZED UNIT

HELL THATS THATS IT MORE THAN IO EVEN WANT TO TYPE HERE

ENJOYED BEING KILLED BY YOU NUMERIOUS TIMES
  3. Desann

I have to admit you all would make excellent reporters. You have the very keen ability to take things out of context.

You take 1 angle of a post and exploit it to your gain. ONCE AGAIN i will re-iterate my quote unquote """"""POINT""""""" that i originally posted about. PEOPLE WHO PLAY ALONE IN THIS GAME AND TYPE THREADS ABOUT HOW THE GAME IS BAD BECAUSE THEY CANNOT WIN AS A SOLO PLAYER NEED TO CHANGE THEIR STRATEGY TO SEE AN IMPROVEMENTIN THEIR GAME PLAY. I then proceeded to utilize K/D ratio as a TOOL for number based data to back up my point for what i hoped to be a constructive thread about my post. Instead I get people who say,
    yet they do not BACK their point of view up with any constructive discussion. Hey if you want to keep your negative ratios, by all means GO FOR IT!!!! i seriously don't care. The only purpose of my post was to point out that there are players, maybe you maybe not, that complain they cannot win wars by playing as a SOLO LONE WOLF player. THAT BEING SAID. YES it is POSSIBLE to win a battle by yourself. YOU MAY be the most BADASS solo player out there, but if you truly are an awesome solo player, then you aren't on the forums complaining about how you lose against 100+ enemies...its common sense and I simply wanted to shed some light on things that work for me, and A LOT of other people in this game.

TAKE IT, LEAVE IT, LIKE IT, HATE IT makes no difference to me. Clearly I am not getting through to most of you so continue your flawless style of play. I only used the K/D ratios as a point and the data was interesting to me. The one guy who claims this game was designed for lone wolves has a negative ratio, so clearly his play style isn't allowing him to kill more opponents than the number of times they kill him.

I ALSO play as a lone wolf a lot, but I also roll with squads. As I said before, but you all fail to see what I type apparently, when i am dying too often on my own, I change it up.

Ah whats the point, its like talking to online gamers.... HAHA
  4. zappy

^This
    When i lonewolf in a rocketpod reaver 5k/d +
    But when i play as engi suicid repairing maxes i go negative.
  5. gunshooter

This isn't Planetside. This is Planetside 2, a game designed to appeal to the masses. The masses like generic shooters where you can be solo and go around killing people, and Planetside 2 supports this. Infact, you get more exp/certs playing solo or with a 2 man Lib crew than you do playing with a zerg.
  6. gunshooter

Please link your stats btw op. I'd be surprised if you're even 2:1. Probably vehicle ***** a ton as well.
  7. Desann

CORRET this isn't planetside. For one simple reason. A lot of the players we have now, expect a different game than what it truly is. you know what. clearly words aren't working here. i will go find videos.

standby
  8. Desann

a little edited but about 2mins in can prove my point. watch how much this liberator takes damage and still gets numerours kills. I think around 2:20ish an enemy AA max can be seen unloading on the liberator and the liberator doesnt even care.

9. gunshooter

So the game doesn't support lone wolfing?

Your character, BR20, 900 kills, almost 3 days played time:
    http://www.planetside-universe.com/character.php?stats=adawg

My alt character, BR21, 900 kills, almost half the played time, played entirely solo. I even spend a ton of time using the ******* Lasher, and I still get more exp than you:
    http://www.planetside-universe.com/character.php?stats=lashermaster

Hell you even say in your signature that you tank ***** as well. Clearly you're just bad or being in a zerg outfit is actually a detriment.
  10. Johan

Tl;dr
  11. nella

You're a scrub. You roll around in big tank zergs, farming infantry with said tanks. Great "team play". And about your K/D, it means nothing as a HE cannon farmer, ANYONE can achieve that.

My K/D is better than yours, and I mainly lone wolf as infantry, no HE cannon, Zepher, Rocketpods or any other ezmode farming techniques.
  12. Desann

Yes I love driving my tank, and yes i get a lot of kills with it. But when my tank gets PWNED by rockets or mainly Liberators, i go on foot. I can't get screenshots to work, but i'll post my kills.

Magrider kills: 419
    Liberator : 139
    Pulsar: 141
    Tank Mines: 50
    Sniper rifles: 86
    Knife: 10 LOL
    MAx: 53

So yes i get alot of kills in vehicles. Mainly the 2 biggest complaint generators. But i also play on foot so lets total them up

Vehicles: 558 kills
    infantry weapons: 340

So yeah i play vehicles more often then not. But i do still run infantry. And once AGAIN!!!! the point i orginally made, if you feel like you cannot win alone vs many, join a squad. my other posts were making points.

oh and for the record, when i am in my tank, i dont follow the mob of zerg, i like to flank behind the enemy tank column. But hey, im sure you could all honestly give a F less. Just like i can give a F less and im gunna play a bit and get off these forums. clearly a waste of all of our time.

GOOD DAY! ;-)
  13. bPostal

That idiot wasn't locked down and popped his overdrive way too late. He could have killed that.
  14. Mietz

You missed this? http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/the-lone-wolf-syndrome.73817/#post-929577
    No, of course you didn't, because you lambasted it 4 posts later without quoting and went on a rant about my KD.

Confront me on my arguments or G T F O and stop quoting that one line I said ad nauseum.
  15. Desann

liberators were pretty tough in the first one, they are tough now, but now impossible to kill. Can't do it as a lone rifleman though ;-)
  16. FateJH

That picture makes me cry inside. What a waste of resources.
  17. IshanDeston

Planetside 1 wasn't... Planetside 2 is very much intended for one man. Or why do you figure that everyone gets the best gun on their Pilot?

Why do you think the Devs in beta refused to give a tank main gun to a gunner seat? Their reason was: "Because people invest certs into it, thats why they should be able to use it without anyone else".

And before someone springs up and screams "But the liberator doesn't have its best gun to the front", i'd like to point at their Tankburster gun. It makes minced meat out of Phalanx turrets in less than a clip. People in my outfit use the Liberator with 1 person, to hunt down enemy sunderer because not even the dalton performs such a great job at destroying a Sunderer.

Buttom Line is: Planetside 2 is very much designed to be played by 1 person.

Thats why 1 freaking person can cap a whole facility. Why one person can destroy generators and why it only requires one person to slip by your defenses and flip the whole continent while you are in the thick of things holding off the zerg.
    • Up x 1
  18. Xizwhoa

I lone wolf quite a bit. Most of you know nothing about what being a lone wolf actually is. I still play a team game, I'm still playing for objectives, and I do it solo because I can be more effective by myself than with some nitwit trying to tell me to go get farmed. People are armchair generals, and think because they ordered a max crash that they're tactical geniuses.
    • Up x 2
  19. Dixa

cod kiddies dont like playing with other people
  20. Imnuktam

You really dont want to bring stats into it to prove your point desann.

My other two charecters are

Deadlysmurf

and

Therealfamine .

I play them all lone wolf and deadly is around 4:1 ktd and famines was around 10:1.

Imnuktam, ironically is the one guy out of three that i DONT play alone. He is the guy i use to play with my buddies who went tr and wont play nc.