How i tweaked this game

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by wanyewest, Dec 22, 2012.

1. wanyewest

After several testing I stumbled upon a pretty good performance guide for gaming in general:

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=327922
    (This von Dach guy is a genius)

I did most of the mentioned things.
    especially:
    - Disable core parking
    - Disable HPET in Bios and windows via cmd: bcdedit /set useplatformclock false
    I would advise you to read the thread if you want to know what it does.

- Disable cpu enhanced halt
    - Use Flip queue size 0 via Radeonpro:
    http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...r-fps-or-make-the-game-more-responsive.69391/

- Disable windows aero
    - Disable anti-virus software
    - This config tweaks: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3029182

- my config:

GraphicsQuality=2
    TextureQuality=3
    TerrainLOD=5
    FloralDistanceScale=2.000000
    ShadowQuality=0
    RenderDistance=-1.000000
    Gamma=0.000000
    MaximumFPS=120
    UseLod0a=0
    OverallQuality=-1
    LightingQuality=2
    EffectsQuality=1
    TerrainQuality=5
    FloraQuality=1
    ModelQuality=5
    MotionBlurQuality=5
    BlurQuality=5
    AOQuality=5
    AmbientOcclusionQuality=5
    ParticleQuality=5
    VerticalFOV=60
    FloralLOD=5
    EffectsLOD=5
    ParticleLOD=0
    ParticleDistanceScale=2.000000
    EffectsDistanceScale=2.000000
    FogShadowsEnable=0
    MotionBlur=0
    VSync=0
    AO=1
    GpuPhysics=0

My system:
    i5 2500 @ 3.30 Ghz
    HD 6870 catalyst 12.11 beta
    8 gig ram
    windows 7 64 bit

This boosted my fps to steady 45 – 50 fps even in big battles. At the warpgate I get around 60 – 100 fps now. Got an improvement of 20 fps and very smooth gameplay with this settings. So give it a shot.
    • Up x 3
  2. Alexlightning7

Lol, I see you posted my thread from the steam forums.
    Glad to know its helping someone.
    • Up x 3
  3. Cedj

Hmm, I'll give it a shot,i have the exact same setup.

At the warpgate I also have around 100 fps depending on how many people are there, but in big battles it's rarely above 40, usually 30-35.

The problem right now though is the game started crashing to desktop every 10-20 mins today;/
  4. JustSe7en

I'll try all the tweaks and report back later.
  5. JustSe7en

Well I tried true ultra settings, and at the warp gate, I experienced a like 5-10 FPS drop from when I used low settings, but I gained a few frames in big battles like bio labs. But, still, my FPS counter says CPU bound.
  6. Kedric

Best tweak guide ever. Sticky sticky sticky!

I had no idea what all these different settings did but always wondered. It's nice to have everything collected in one place. Big thanks to Alexlightning7 for making it and waynewest for posting it here.
  7. medbot544

Just upped from radeon HD 5850 to a gtx 660 ti...now I can run game on high, generally; seems to work nice with my i7. ;)

However, the biggest gain of FPS is yet again disabling shadows all together. I wonder at what one point in the future when shadows in any game will not drag FPS into the gutter? With shadows off at the warp gate I get average 80-120 fps but with it on i get 40-80. Dips lower in fights too. Ugh. :(
  8. Hydragarium

I would ENABLE this particular one (both in BIOS and Windows) instead of disabling it - people tend to have better performance with it on (completely - not mixed) than off.
  9. wanyewest

it depends on the system you're using. Some people report that they have less dpc latency with HPET disabled. i suggest to try both settings to see any improvements. further details: http://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1...s-for-better-performance-and-fps/page__st__45
  10. Hydragarium

Which... is because they are using two different timings. Windows isn't using the same one as the BIOS. My point exactly - both timers need to be the same.
  11. Nacasatu

Just wanted to post and say thanks to OP. I had microstuttering problems when scoped on sniper (sometimes not always) and I'd forgotten about the HPET after updating the BIOS. So thank you, disabled HPET and not only removed microstuttering problem when scoped but also improved FPS stability a little with Ultra Settings enabled.

Game looks fantastic now. Only wish we could use SweetFX as well :(

For what it's worth, here are the settings I use in game. I can't do without the option to see bullet holes and I use the IRNV scopes a lot and your graphics settings make everything too washed out and bright for the scope. With the settings I use it almost seems like a cheat mode when using the IRNV scopes and picking enemies out...
    Shadows though wreck my fps so they're set to 0. RenderDistance set to more than infantry render distance but not infinite, don't see the point in setting them higher until SoE sort that problem out.

Code:
    [Rendering]
    GraphicsQuality=4
    TextureQuality=0
    TerrainLOD=5
    FloralDistanceScale=2.000000
    ShadowQuality=0
    RenderDistance=2505.000000
    Gamma=0.000000
    MaximumFPS=120
    UseLod0a=0
    OverallQuality=-1
    LightingQuality=4
    EffectsQuality=4
    TerrainQuality=4
    FloraQuality=1
    ModelQuality=4
    MotionBlurQuality=4
    BlurQuality=4
    AOQuality=4
    AmbientOcclusionQuality=4
    ParticleQuality=4
    VerticalFOV=90
    FloralLOD=4
    EffectsLOD=4
    ParticleLOD=4
    ParticleDistanceScale=2.000000
    EffectsDistanceScale=2.000000
    FogShadowsEnable=0
    MotionBlur=0
    VSync=0
    AO=1
    GpuPhysics=1
    I also enable Ansiotropic filtering in Nvidia control panel to 16x, max pre-rendered frames to 1, power management mode to prefer max performance and finally set Texture Filter to High Quality.

Running in Windows 8, fullscreen 1920x1200 with a Nvidia GTX 560ti GPU and an i5-2500k quad core cpu - 100+fps in Sanc or whatever it's called now and a steady stable 40+ in large zerg/huge battles.
    • Up x 1