BioLabs Are ruining this game

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by weap0nkil, Dec 25, 2012.

1. weap0nkil

I am so sick and tired of literally the whole population being at every bio lab on the map. All people are doing is camping these biolabs like crown was in beta.

Is anyone else noticing this problem on there server because on matterson it has been this way every day for a week.........
  2. SenEvason

That's what people say about everything in this game.
    • Up x 3
  3. smokemaker

Indeed. Been trying to get my ESF into them. Been crashing every time. This needs to be fixed ASAP!
    • Up x 11
  4. Seryi

Defensible bases?! How dare they!?
    • Up x 16
  5. Dr. Allcome

People are just sick of vehicle spam. After all this is a FPS and not a tank- or flight-simulator.
    • Up x 4
  6. Dasmasterneko

Its like trying to give a purpose to infantry! This blasphemy shall not stand! We have to do something before people start to think this is acceptable.
    • Up x 8
  7. Hydragarium

Never noticed this problem on Woodman. People are having no problems moving from base to base instead of camping the same ones for hours... that is aside from the all to frequent Crown/Crossroads stalemate.

8. D0n

Lol, someone asked for choke points, biolabs has tons, that is step one in the fail.

Biolabs are designed to hold a MAXIMUM of 50 vs 50 battles, anything more than that is a weaponslockfest and a farm.

Back in beta, part of capturing a biolab was dependant on many points which allowed the zerg to spread on the area, that is what needs to be done with biolabs, why this was changed is beyond me.
    • Up x 1
  9. Nofreenames

its the only place where ou can have an uninterrupted infantry fight, i have noticed that the bio lab fights end up with all the people who like infantry, while esf and libs hunt outside, heck as LA I was able to get from the bio lab over a hex and a half by juming from lib to lib whole way.

its just showing wht the demographics are for playstyle
  10. Rolfski

I'm not sure what you where thinking but biolabs are the only places atm that offer decent infantry fights. So they are not ruining the game. If there's anything "ruining" it would be the lack of places that offer good infantry fights besides biolabs.
    • Up x 6
  11. Xae

Biolabs are too defensible.

There are only 4 easily camp-able entrances. Usually clustered together so there is in effect only 2.

Meanwhile off the top of my head an Interlink (most defensible base in PS1) had 4 separate entrances. Tech plants had 5ish I think.

Bases in PS1 also had more places to defend. You had to defend the CC, the Spawn Room and the Generator. Losing even one for a moment could turn the tide of a fight. In Planetside2 you can lose your generator around the SCU and still have ~2 minutes before the spawns go down.

Plus PS1 was harder to ghost hack since hacks showed on the map

Plus the starvation/siege mechanic with Power Level and ANTs.

I have no problem with an Infantry Meat grinder. I like infantry meat grinders.

But Biolabs have way too much going for them.
    • Up x 1
  12. Fox234

Like the Crown WAS? Is, has and probably always will be.

On topic, I love Biolabs. Everyone fights there because they're probably the best bases to fight in. No tanks or fighters, actual indoor fighting, defensible locations, AND it has elevated positions for LAs and alcoves for infiltrators. All bases should be like this. Vehicles are used to get into the court yard and infantry takes over for the actual capture. Instead of spamming a control point in a Lib or MBT.
    • Up x 8
  13. WUNDER8AR

I suggest removing the shields in favor of my Zephyr :rolleyes:
    • Up x 1
  14. HadesR

Symptom of the problem not the problem themselves ..
    • Up x 1
  15. Dasmasterneko

Since when was Planetside 2 just an expansion pack? It would be boring as hell if they just decided to remake planetside 1. Remember the huge stomping mechs?
  16. Vargs

Allatum is the only place we can escape your Magrider spam. Appreciate the certs though. I've been getting up to 50k score/hour at times, without a subscription, just playing as infantry.
  17. Ghostfox

Biolab fights are popular because they are the only places where you can minimize the impact of vehicles on the fighting.

It shouldn't be surprising that they are popular.. and it should be an indication to SOE that they should take that into consideration when designing new content and, hopefully, revamping existing content to fix existing issues(like how easy it is to camp most spawn rooms).
    • Up x 4
  18. Xae

I'm not saying they should copy Planetside1.

I'm just referencing it as a game that was also a capture and hold based MMO FPS. There aren't a lot of games to draw from.

I was using it as an example to illustrate that Biolabs have too strong of choke points.

A good middle ground would be to move a point from inside the Biolab to the outposts. Then tweak the influence for surrounding regions to mean that if the attackers held one point, and all touching Hex they could slowly cap the point. This would eliminate the tendency for Biolabs to devolve into 10 AI maxes standing at each entrance.
  19. Dasmasterneko

The only thing i can really agree to is more access to the pads. The attackers should have a fair chance to get a foothold but aside from that inside just turns into a brawl. This will probably change with the introduction of galaxy spawn points anyway though.

Between LA and dropships you can influence where you land on the pad (or the ring around) and it should be sufficient to dislodge any kind of defense. Learning how to use your jetpack with those jump pads or elevator beams is very helpful.
  20. Dovahkiin

It's only possible if you're in a scythe, and even then you'll likely take some collision damage.

But seriously, ESF's were never meant to be in there.

i think everyone knows that biolabs are too defensible. They only have 2 access points, which only have infantry access. These points can be defended easily.

Yes, everyone is there not because of the health regen, but because of the XP from easy kills.