Heavies very overpowered.

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Malael, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Dcrd

Yeah, people die. y'know. And everyone will die in 1 headshot, but in order to get headshotted you must stand still or run in a very predictable trajectory atlest.

Infiltrator, LA and HA have only one purpose - to kill. And dead people don't shoot others, don't repair vehicles, don't snipe, etc., etc. Killing people is the most useful thing you can do. You can repair the tank which caught a rocked - you'd require like 10 seconds for it, or you can save alot of tanks by simply murdering those who carry said rockets. If you kill better - you're more useful, and the problem is that you can "outflank" with any class and infiltrator is surely not the best class to "control enemy infantry" for obvious reasons. Infact those are playstyles you choose for yourself, those are not class dependant, so the one who simply kill better will be more efficient. If a LA have flanked it - it's not a problem. If HA have done it - you have a big trouble right here. His basic ammo with C4s is enough to kill 3 heavy tanks and alot of infantry while staying super survivable, while LA dies like a fly and can kill one tank max. That's just a quick example though.

You can flank people with any class and get same results. One time I've flanked a group of careless NC infiltrators with my own inf and knife like 7-10 of them because they were staying there not paying attention. In the other case I've flanked major TR forces as a HA which resulted in 2 dead prowlers, one lightning and lots of infantry. Infact, landscape came in very handy so I was there until I was left with my fancy shield and a knife only. As a LA you can do some nice flanks just like any other class, but I don't think you can be better then a HA since he've simply got a ton more firepower.

Direct hit with a laucher kills infantry in one shot.
    You can't differ a sniper from an aircraft? Whatever. Against infantry, as stated before, launcher kills infantry in one shot with a direct hit. Always. If you don't have enough ammo - cert in ammunition belt, besides, 2 c4s' and starting ammo lets you kill 3 tanks alone. c4 + one launcher hit kills heavy tanks immidiately, it's almost a 1shot. Don't shot at front armor and that's it.

Talking about sunderer - it's a very vital vehicle. Respawn + rearm point, so it's supposed to be hard to kill, but still both c4 charges and a couple of rockets will stil take it down. Killing a sunderer is a very good contribution to your team, plus HA is the only class which can kill a sunderer solo without any vehicles.

Right.

Shield up.
    Shield up/pay attention.
    Move around more
    Dodge

Shield up/pay attention/get into cover/pray alot

Pay attention/shield up.
    It's easy to kill any class if you get a jump on him, but again if HA gets a jump at someone or flanked someone he'll simply kill more.

But that's because people are blind, not because cloaking is super useful. I see infiltrators easily, and when you start shooting at them they can't do much - it takes about a second to decloak, which is like a 3 times the ttk of a carabine, and then they're still at a disadvantage in a fair gunfight.
    • Up x 1
  2. Cookiepiledriver

Only reason people play heavy so often is due to the lack of AV available . Sure engineers have something too, but nothing is safer than a bazooka when you literally get one-shot from 100 meters.
  3. MykeMichail

Direct hit with the rocketlauncher kills all but a shielded heavy. It's an AT weapon, not an AP weapon.

Try HA Tag-Teaming tanks with someone. 2 Heavies working well together can take out enemy tanks in no time at all - especially Magriders - as you know that if they're aiming one way, they have to have their *** to the opposite direction
  4. crackajaxx

HA's imo are the step below MAX units in terms of fire power and raw front line survivability. Trading blows with a heavy assault as any other class short of MAX or another heavy assault puts you at a natural disadvantage when you factor in their possible increased damage resistance cert as well as their overshield. Your best bet to tackling enemy HA is to get the jump on them and take cover if they fire at you first.
  5. Amur_Tiger

I rolled infiltrator when we were attacking the crown to snipe people off the ridge, HA even after gearing my LMG towards accuracy simply could not compete against a completely stock unupgraded infiltrator with arguably the worst of the stock sniper rifles.

I've rolled light assault to get up onto buildings in the biolab and kill the enemy light assault that were murdering our guys on the ground as they snuck around up there and ninja-capped points. HA can't do that, not 'any class' can flank as well as a light assault.

If you consider all combat a strait up charge into the enemy guns blazing then clearly light assault and infiltrator aren't for you, roll HA. Otherwise learn that killing isn't always a CQC dual and that sometimes the abilities of infiltrator and light assault are preferable to a HA.
    • Up x 2
  6. Foreman Joe

Orly? Now go and complain to the MAX subforum, I'm sure all your points will be still valid there too

On a more serious note, why do people even bother replying to such nonsense?
  7. Fluffer

... I have never had a problem killing a heavy assault. Just because you can't go head to head with an assault class doesn't mean it has to be nerfed. It is called tactics, because heavies are meant to go head to head with infantry. But yeah... default gun on Vanu and Terran I have never had a problem killing them. Even with their shield on. With my Light Assault they are easy cheezy to kill. But I guess thats because I use my brain, lol.
  8. Dcrd

Your LMG should not be able to match a sniper rifle in effectiveness on range, however it balances out with survivability. In a gunfight HA need to take 7 semi auto bullets to be killed, Infiltrator if I'm not mistaken will need about the same 7 bullets, but HA have got an LMG with a 50 (Vanu) bullets per magazine and full auto, while infiltrator will have semi auto with 10 bullets per magazine onlyso he'll need to fire much more accurately, plus the aim shaking after getting a hit is much bigger when you're scoped, so if I get hit by a HA I better run away or he'll have all the chances to kill me. I can also remind you that semi auto sniper rifle is long range only, and can be used in closer ranges only for as long as you're not hit. First bullet will mess your aim completely which will result in your death, unlike LMG.

Your enemies were idiots. It's pretty obvious that roofs will be swarmed with ninja-wannabe LAs, too bad they're quite useless, and all you need to deal with them is look up. Also you can't cap point while sitting on the roof, and I can ninja-cap a point with any class.

I should repeat again that LA have very little AV options, infiltrator have none. LA also it very ammo limited so he can't operate in an enemy's base. It's a kamikaze soldier - once you vent to infiltrate an enemy base you're going to die simply because of running low on ammo, and that's gonna be very fast. And once again - if you play a HA it doesn't mean that you should charge enemies' tanks blindly and stuff, you can flank, you can infiltrate just as well, but your superior firepower and survivability will take the role of jetpack or, lol, cloaking. Where you could've passed through some guy with cloaking (atleast if he's blind), or fly over him, not going into ground floor on the Crown, you can just kill this dude and go further. You don't need stealth or jetpack if you kill everything. And while you're in you can do really alot of damage, unlike said LA.
  9. KnightCole

HA, atleast TR HA, are in no way OP.....since the nerfs to the LMGs, they pretty much are utterly worthless now. The T16 and CARV just have no damage. Or does the Suppressor reduce damage by that large of a portion? What is it the reduction for the suppressor? 50% dmg reduction? Because people are RUSHING right into my gun and I cant kill them....mean while im dying in like 6 rounds...when I do manage to kill someone, it takes me no less then like 20 rounds....

What happened to the TR LMGs? They blow *** now.....recoil is to great, damage is to lame....the overshield isnt all that amazing...so, HA OP? ****!
  10. aRtFuL

Toe-to-toe... I don't know why at least half the post that say HA is op is obsessed with the "toe-to-toe" notion.

Most of the time you die in this game is because of getting ganged, or armor-bashed, or air-napalmed.

Toe-to-toe is rarer than $1000 bill.

I will bet most of the time people THINK they are 1v1 when in fact they got gang on. This game's system of displaying assists is often times buggy.

PS: Just because the last person you see before you die is 1 person doesn't mean you got killed solely by that person.
  11. Shockwave44

Heavies are overpowered at killing.

Medics are overpowered at healing.

Engineers are overpowered at repairing.

Light Assaults are overpowered at flying.

Infiltrators are overpowered at infiltrating.

Lets just have one character that is kind of good at a lot of things.
    • Up x 2
  12. BiggLou55

This game is not about toe to toe... It's about teamwork... HA has a roll... As HA, I see a MAX, I take on the MAX. I see a Tank or Sundy, I take on the tank or sundy... I see a manned AV, AA or AI turret, I take it out... I see a group or infantry storming our position, I start shooting... We are capping, I cover the approaches... My job is a Heavy Assault infantry... That means I blow things up with rockets and I send lots of rounds towards the enemy... I can't really do much else... ;)
  13. KnightCole

You can tell when you got ganged...it shows up in the kill window

KnightCole 0Shield, 75% health, I did 67% dmg to you with my T16

Then below that its going to have like

JohnDoe Cycler, 30% dmg

Yeah, if itis 1v1...its going to show just me and 100% dmg with my gun...I love it when I have team damage in ther...

Actually 1v1 is more common then you might think...its not 100% of the time, but yeah......it happens alot..I know alot of my kills and deaths are just that way...I get ambushed in the *** as I fly lone wolf.
  14. ent|ty

Tell this to the skilled Medics, Snipers or LA that seem to shoot me in 3 shots at times. Many times, this game and who decides the winner of a 1 vs 1, is who gets the jump or first shot off on the other.

I've always preferred speed over armor, but everytime I play a LA, tanks are rampant and I want to do something about it, so I'm kinda forced to go HA to deal with them.

Yes, many times my class is warranted because I'm the guy on the frontline pushing towards the cap, so more armor is needed. It's not like I can't be stopped by more nimble classes who outdance me, much like I outdance a slow tank.
  15. Kurreah

Dcrd, you don't seem to understand that while you can get the jump on someone with any class, the other two "killer" classes are much more capable of it than the heavy.
    Unless you have them against a plain background, like the skyline or a snowfield, or have managed to find a graphics setting that breaks it, cloaking is very hard to notice. Usually, your first warning of a long range infiltrator will be a sniper bullet whistling past you or taking out a chunk of health, but actually locating them even afterwards is hard. Your first warning of a short-range infiltrator will be knifing and/or sustained pistol or scout rifle fire into the back of your head, and putting up your shield won't give you enough time to take them down before you die yourself.

Likewise, LAs standing in front of you head-to-head will probably lose, but their mobility means that generally they will have the drop on you, and again, shield won't give you long enough against carbine or shotgun fire to locate them and kill them.
  16. KnightCole

OMG, the TR HA is ruined since the latest patch. Now, not only does the TR HA have low damage, it ALSO has the HORRID recoil of the NC...so its a double whammy and the guns are worthless now. Sure, it fires 250RPM faster then the NC gun, but it has LOWER damage and the SAME if not WORSE recoil then the NC gun...so, in the end, the TR gun will lose most hte time....

Hell, with the T16, I cant even kill guys NOT firing at me due to the recoil jerking the gun the hell all over the damn place....I hope in the next update they undo this BS Recoil nerf they gave the TR LMGs...cuz they SUCK atm...I am losing TONS of engagements and kills that are without a doubt mine due ot this recoil and low damage combo...I am finding myself 3 bursting guys or just going all out and the low damage keeps them alive, and the recoil combined with the noticeably worse CoF Bloom gets me killed...
  17. Amur_Tiger

Thus Infiltrators are specialized towards longer ranged combat and attacking from locations or directions where they are not expected or seen. HA isn't as good at this so when you really need to fight at range or sneak around you use infiltrator, this isn't rocket science to everyone else it seems.

Nope. For the same reason you don't charge head-first into battle with a LA they don't go for LA usually when defending a base, engineer/MAX/HA are better at handling the bottlenecks. The purpose of LA is to go around those bottle necks so that after a capture point is taken you can move off without getting caught.

No. You. Can't. The abilities of an Infiltrator or LA make them better at their roles, sometimes a HA just doesn't cut it for sneaking around/sniping/flanking.
  18. Rune Scorpio

if the heavy assault know how to aim too, then he typically wins with his extended mag and block a s***load of damage shield. Just emptied a shotgun into a guy at close range and he absorbed it all and still had health left when he killed me... I had the drop on him yet i lost because the extra shield is winsauce. Should really get rid of that and make it so the damn rockets just reload faster or something. It does nothing to stop a tank shell so whats the point of it other than to make it win in a fight against all other classes 1v1.
  19. Shockwave44

Have you ever thought for a second that maybe you are not meant to go up against heavies? Sure you could use other means of killing them but if you take a HA head on, don't be surprised if they whoop your ***.

I'm guessing you're either inf or LA. Either way, get smarter about killing them or let another HA on your team kill them. Just stop coming on here and whining about class changes because you got bested by one. And if you are either an inf or LA, lets take your jetpack and cloak away, see how you like it.
    • Up x 1
  20. Rune Scorpio

The heavy assault class is designed to take down armor... not to be the mainstay of an army as it overpowers every other class. The support toon should not also be the insanely armored one. ALL the other classes are outmatched 1v1. That is called unbalanced classes *******. They didn't finish balancing the game on release so this "supposed to" crap makes no sense.
    Next you're going to tell me the prowler is supposed to be the most useless tank in the game, and the NC autoshotgun max that kills anything not armored within 20 feet in under a second is also part of the finished product.
    They are still balancing the game. Try playing something other than a heavy assault and try doing something outside the 200v10 fights and you notice fast that many things in this game aren't finished or remotely balanced. This is one of those things.