[Guide] How to make Hades & Nemesis lock-on??

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Diplocaulus, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Diplocaulus

I'm trying out the Hades and Nemesis rocket launchers and while they're advertised as being able to lock on to targets, I see no evidence of this yet; my shots from both launchers still fly like dumb projectiles. Is there something I'm supposed to do to secure a lock? Thanks.
  2. Solmyr

I can't answer you question, but if I may make a suggestion, remove [guide] from you subject line as that indicates you have posted a "how to" post as opposed to asking for help.
    • Up x 1
  3. Cyllus

I don't know about the Hades, but the Nemesis locks by zooming in on a target and keeping it there for a few seconds. (I imagine the Hades works the same way.)
    • Up x 1
  4. TheRealTripWire

I have both, they both function identically. As Cyllus said, you need to scope into your target and follow them until the launcher has locked onto your target, then press fire.
    • Up x 1
  5. Diplocaulus

Thanks for the tips. Sorry about the guide thing--I thought it meant I was seeking "guidance." Unfortunately I can't figure out to edit the title or delete the thread. :oops:
  6. Diplocaulus

And you're a social dwarf DorkSided. Thanks for playing.
  7. forkyar

8. Garrix

Or, you know, it could be someone's first FPS game.
  9. forkyar

10. Delax

Someone must need to pad their own ego today.
    • Up x 1
  11. Diplocaulus

Thanks everybody. It's working fine for me now--I see the little lock-on squares in the reticle. Now I'm wondering if it's fire-and-forget, but I'm not taking chances at this point.

BTW, I used to play a lot of Battlefield 2, but that was a few years ago. As for griefers, BF2 used to be awash with them.
  12. TheRealTripWire

Yes, it's fire-and-forget. A heads-up though, you will need to unscope to reload the launcher. It won't reload while you're sighted-in. Again, this applies to both of them, possibly the S1 (though it's dumb-fire only) as well but I can't remember offhand at the moment).
  13. Diplocaulus

Indeed. I step from behind cover, take a shot, and then take cover again during reload. One thing I've noticed is that some of the aircraft I've fired at drop what looks to be a single flare which effectively spoof the shot.