PlanetSide 2 has stopped working crashes every 10-20 minutes

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Zergling, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Saool

Thankfully I seem to be over this issue now. I de-installed the game and re-installed via Steam. I know SOE said it makes no difference, but it does. I was lasting a good 30 - 60 mins. But I then (once figuring out how to run CMD in Admin) used the command 'bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVa 3072'. I was then able to play for around three hours without problems till logging for the evening.

Sadly, this did not fix my lack of ability to shoot for toffee however.

See this thread.
  2. Xenophobia401

its nice that SOE lets us know they're working on it but in the meantime we cant play the game at all, its literally damaging our hardware to do so...

i hope they fix this issue soon...
  3. Foxhunterx

id just like for this game to work i have spent a few dollars just for some appearance items but that doesnt matter id just like to play uninterrupted because of crashes every 5 to 10 minutes please help ive tried opening ports and everything just need a little help as everyone can see im not the only with this problem and all of my specs are greatly over even the recommended things i have 32 gigs of ram 1.5 tera hard drive really good speed of internet everything should be functioning normaly as well with any other game
  4. Poet

I have a very similar system - I cut down my crashes by dropping my page file to just a gig. With 16 gigs of ram, we really don't need one any larger than that.
  5. Kar-Chee

It is NOT 32bit issue. I have the same problem and my specs are:

Windows 7 ultimate 64
    i5 3470 3,4 Ghz @ 4,2 Ghz
    8 GB DDR3
    GTX 660

And i still crash every 10 minutes. I bought a new computer for this game for christ sake!
  6. Dautho

Same Here.

I have tried to:
    Reinstall the game, Lunch Steam and the game in administrave mode, vertycal sinc on off, I've set my page file to 1gb.

Crashing every 20 minutes more or less.

Any clue on how to resolve the problem?

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name:APPCRASH
    Application Name:planetSide2.exe
    Application Version:0.0.0.0
    Application Timestamp:50b81a72
    Fault Module Name:planetSide2.exe
    Fault Module Version:0.0.0.0
    Fault Module Timestamp:50b81a72
    Exception Code:c0000005
    Exception Offset:007fb79a
    OS Version:6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
    Locale ID:1040
    Additional Information 1:0a9e
    Additional Information 2:0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
    Additional Information 3:0a9e
    Additional Information 4:0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  7. Richard Lalancette

Looks like there are more than one issue.
    I tried to turn off the firewall and still got the same crash after 20 minutes.
    I can play longer if I don't enter battle.
    In heavy battle, I crash faster. Looks like memory issues for sure.
  8. TeaSkittles

I'm having the same issue: every 10-20 minutes... when I first got the game a few weeks ago it might happen every hour, but now it's just happening so frequently...

32-bit Vista Home SP2
    i7-2600K @ 3.40GHz
    8.00 GB DDR3
    GTX 560 (latest drivers)
  9. Qaz

issue here as well. ps2 hadnt crashed up until today, but i experienced 2 just now
  10. Putin

Me too.
    XFX ATI Radeon 6950 1GB latest drivers.
    16 GB DDR3
    SSD HD
    3.1 GHz processor
    Win7 64 bit.

It can happen right after launching (in the warpgate), in an aircraft, in a tank, running, zoomed from a turret, mid scoping with an infiltrator, in the cert screen...

It has happened with a whole platoon around or with a half a dozen guys around.

It has happened at high graphics and medium graphics.
    It has happened in fullscreen and windowed mode.
  11. Andorion

Still crashing every 5-15 minutes. Still no patch to even begin to address the issue, even in reducing the frequency. Pretty embarrassing for the SOE development and verification teams, I would say.
  12. BlazzedTroll

This may be an entirely different issue but my game is still crashing. I also have a very expensive gaming laptop. i7 quad core, mobile ATI HD 5870, 12GB of RAM.
    I have re-installed the game 4 times now. Changed directories a couple times to see if that was an issue. Ran as Admin. Ran in combatability fr older windows versions... nothing helps
    When I launch the game it shows up, and I can get to the character screen and make as many characters as I want. However, the second I click the start button it crashes. PlanetSide 2 has stopped working... Every time.
    I ran the beta without fail. I could play for hours and not have a single issue. I installed it just the same as before. But something has changed on the final release version. I cannot and have not been able to play it since official launch
    Free-to-Play... so I am not really mad but it is kinda ridiculous.
  13. xDefianTx

Same for me.
    Mines been crashing everytime I exit since beta
    Hasn't really crashed during gameplay in beta
    At Launch crashes 5-10x a day and while exiting
    Since patch 2 days ago I've been crashing non stop, usually when I die and it has to open map, or screen when you press 'esc, and its crashing with app crash, and runtime errors now very very often, maybe 5x in 20 mins.

I've tried using default useroptions and the other 5-6 files they tell you to delete and replace. No improvement
    I've reinstalled completely through steam - no improvement
    I've reinstalled completely without steam just basic launchpad - no improvement
    I've reinstalled drivers, unplugged all extra usb items, deleted my Logitech Gaming Software
    I've also submitted tickets with no responses as well.
    Disabled Firewall/anti virus

Have the game installing on my wifes computer next to me, which is almost the same cpu, and her game NEVER crashed once yet.

I5 3570k @ 4.9 (I've tried different clocks too)
    8 gig Corsair Vengeance ram
    ASRock z77 Extreme 4 MB
    MSI Nvidia Gtx 670
    Samsung 830 SSD
    Win7 x64

14. firenight5

Been having this problem for some time, but just recently with the patch on 12/6 it has gotten a lot worse, crashing every 5 - 20 minutes. I have tried reinstalling Windows.Net Framework, and Direct X, tried the CMD bcdedit /set increaseuserva, supposed fix, running as admin, validating game assets, adding exceptions through my firewall for the 3 exes, but nothing has worked.

Specs:
    GeForce GTX 560 ti
    i5 quadcore 2500
    8gb of RAM
    Win 7 64 bit
  15. Dr. Nick Riviera

Same for me.. Cant do any teamplay or bigger movements coz the game is crashing every 10-20 minutes.. Would be so awesome without that unneccessary bug.. :/
  16. reddragons

Same thing is now happening to me... Oddly enough it only seems to happen when I am in a squad. D=
  17. Fifty6k

I have the same issue, Windows 7 32bit, above minimum specs. Seems to mostly crash while loading, never during the first 5 mins though, usually always happens after 10-20 mins loading into a second zone after a death or redeploying. Also happens but rarely when fighting in a high pop battle.
  18. TomassoNL

Havent played for around 5 days as the crashes every 20-30 minutes have really taken out the fun. After my earlier complains I was asked by a SOE admin, to PM some info regarding my system on the 29th of November.

So far I see no solution in my inbox nor the forum.

I will continue to entertain myself with BF3, COD Black Ops 2 and Far Cry 3. Which all for some reason NEVER crash on my system.

Good luck with this, uhm this.. "thing".

Win 7 64 bit
    8 GB DD3
    GTX 570
    i5 Quad 3.4 GHZ
  19. Rahuruk

bump because this is still an issue. Game crashes after about 15-20 minutes of play.
  20. ERR0R

If you're getting the PhysX related crash, try uninstalling the game, deleting the Planetside 2 folder (some files are left behind), and then reinstalling. This seems to have fixed it for me.

If you run a 32 bit OS then you're probably having the other crash issue.