[Suggestion] Refund the HA AV weapon since patch changes

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by PrincessFrosty, Dec 12, 2012.

1. PrincessFrosty

The new patch requires lock on rocket launchers to now have a lock to fire, which is a significant nerf and change in usability for the HA AV weapons, I don't think this is fair having paid SC to unlock this weapon that will now be useless for my play style.

Will SOE be issuing refunds of SC or Certs to people who have unlocked this weapon and now find it useless?
    • Up x 10
  2. VoidMagic

No they wont. This is how you can expect to be treated as a customer by SOE. Items you purchase will have "functionality" removed for no reason regardless of how balanced said item is already. This will happen with any weapon system regardless of how long you've owned it or how it was advertised. There will be no refunds either cash, sc or any other accomidation. Any changes from minor stats to as in this case removal of 99% of the targets said system could engage will be removed regardless of community outcry etc...

Please consider this before any future purchases.

Also enjoy the trolls who will shorty descend to laugh at us for ever being customers.
    • Up x 4
  3. Playful Pony

Yeah, I'm with you actually. It's not necissarily that the weapons are BAD. It's that the way they behave after these changes are so vastly diferent from when we bought them, that the reasons for purchase may have been completely negated for a lot of players. I know it's true for me, anyway. The purpose my AA launcher served has been shattered by the latest changes, and my regular playing group already has the launchers new dedicated functionality covered with other weapons systems. Basically means I wasted the SC on a tool I'll no longer use, which doesn't make me a happy bunny!

I'll open a ticket on this...

Indeed. Financially supporting an F2P game we enjoy and want to see live on, ensuring that F2P gamers are allowed to continue enjoying the game in the first place. What fools we are!
    • Up x 2
  4. dienekes00

I will personally not be purchasing any more SC. Having core functionality removed from two weapons that I spent actual money on is not okay. Not even a little. I know about the ToS. I know it's their right to do it, but it's a terrible idea and I can't trust them anymore. Balance changes like stat adjustment, projectile speed, projectile drop; all of those are reasonable changes. Changing the actual mechanics of firing? Not reasonable, or acceptable. I'm not about to stop playing the game, but I have stopped spending money on it.
    • Up x 9
  5. FoolishFoolish

And now you know how a bait and switch works.

"Here's something good... not anymore! thanks for the cash sucka!"
    • Up x 4
  6. Bearcat

Hey, don't be upset - they also released a shiny new rocket launcher that you can buy to replace your nerfed rocket launcher, and it will retain its functionality until the next shiny new rocket launcher is released. ;)
    • Up x 9
  7. souled

I was worried about this but from the other direction, that they would be unwilling to balance the game for fear of pissing off individual customers/ in order to avoid the hassle of refunds.

I understand that your weapons that you paid for now have reduced usefulnes, but perhaps the overall game mechanics will be more balanced and there will be more enjoyment for all.

I remember the AA dumbfire in beta was a sniper rifle with an explosive radius, I actually reported it as a bug when I first tried it...thing was broken.
  8. Brissles

If they keep this up they're not going to have many players left.
  9. Flarestar

It's been explained in many other threads.

Launchers had two fire modes in beta. Launchers had two fire modes at launch. Launchers explicitly stated two fire modes in their description - and were the only lock on weapons to do so. Launchers were put up for Trial Mode with two fire modes. Many of us purchased them based on those factors - that two firing modes (lock on and dumb fire) was the intended functionality for the launchers. We understood that the trade off for the ability to lock on to specific target types was much reduced damage, and accepted that.

Dumb fire is being removed, with nothing to compensate.

SOE absolutely has the right to do this - it's their game, and their code. It's extremely unethical, however, from a business standpoint, and will damage customer confidence. The right thing to do when effectively replacing one weapon with another is to refund the certification cost of the weapon and allow customers to decide if they want to purchase the new version. This isn't a buff, or a balance change - it's a straight replacement of the weapon. When you put a price tag on an item, you have different obligations as a business on how to treat changes you make to that item.
    • Up x 7
  10. MNO

Stop whining.
  11. ForceM

I completely agree i WOULD NOT HAVE BOUGHT this weapon if i had known that. Refund my SC please this is really a farce!
  12. PrincessFrosty

Let me address this, it's important.

Let me make this crystal clear, I am not against balance changes, some guns if they need a minor nerf should get that and players should have good faith in SOE that balance is maintained which is healthy for the game in the long run. However I do draw a distinction between a balance change for a weapon such as a minor change to damage or accuracy and a large change which alters the fundamental behaviour of the weapon.

SOE have said themselves, the side grades are not meant to give benefits to players, they're meant to suit specific play styles and so players buy some weapons which suit their specific play styles, changing the fundamental behavior of these weapons is unreasonable, it's not even necessarily about buffing or nerfing, the principle is that the way in which the weapon is used has changed.

What really takes the piss is that they've released a new weapon which replaces its functionality which I now need to buy if I want that fuctionality back for my character, this is extremely lame behaviour on SOEs part.

The bottom line is this, I've submitted a ticket for a refund, if they don't process the refund and remove the SKEP launcher from my profile that will be the last time I spend any money with SOE - it's that simple.
    • Up x 3
  13. ForceM

Wow how can one human being be so dumb...

I spent money on this and i want it back since my rocket launcer is now useless and its a huge change. If you have nothing to say to the matter just shut it
  14. MNO

It's not useless. It shoots down air, better than it did before. Cuz you know, it's an anti-air launcher.

Stop whining.
  15. Jawa

[Suggestion] Expect balance changes and understand that weapons can be fundamentally changed by SOE as they see fit to improve the game experience. Don't like this? Don't buy.
  16. souled

so you would have been okay with a huge cone of fire on the lock on launchers that put any dumbfired missile at your feet or into the air as long as you still had the option to dumbfire?

Honestly I was expecting this nerf to the AA launcher for a long time, that the dumbfire damage would be reduced something like 75% or its flight time increased 100% without a lock. There are a lot of ways they could have made the dumbfire essentially useless for the sake of balance, but they decided to simply remove it.

I think its a more elegant solution.

I'd be interested to see how they resolve your ticket.
  17. VoidMagic

They could have easily and simply released a new launcher with the new functionality (faster reload, longer tracking, no dumbfire).
    They however, knew that would never sell. This really burns me twice.

The first and worst burn, is I've totally lost faith in SOE's virtual goods. It seems they have no intention of upholding any reasonable value for the things they sell. I really can't purchase any virtual goods from a vender with such policies. They don't even feel it's worth comment. Im sure any excuses they have would just make us all angrier anyway... it's probably for the best they just slap us right in the face... no need for any small talk. We get it... and will react accordingly with our wallets.

The second burn, is I LOVED MY NEMISIS and NO ONE EVERY COMPLAINED ABOUT THEM. They did FAR LESS damage than any other launcher but, allowed me some safety against Maxes and tanks while I was SELFLESSLY dropping flairs off of air targets for my team... I'd occasionally get a kill here or there against esf... but in no means did the thing perform anywhere near reasonable xp/hr... IT WAS A TOTALLY SELFLESS TEAM ORIENTED TOOL...

There is also no mention of the "buffs" for this thing... lol... I guess the range, and reload buffs were also just forgotten or whatever...

o man... I was such a happy customer up till this... wth..
    • Up x 2
  18. Bluflash

Before people start asking for refunds, I gotta ask.... did you read the terms of service before you clicked agree? Did you unwittingly waive your ability to complain on this issue? Yeah, you did.
    • Up x 1
  19. SwiftRanger

The thing is that the lock-on launchers were too much of an upgrade rather than a sidegrade, that's just a fact, even with less damage than the stock launcher. I was surprised at first that they even still allowed for the dumbfire mode while locking on. Anyone with a sane mind could have seen this balance change coming to these launchers, there was barely a reason to use the standard launcher once you paid for a lock-on launcher or saved up the certs for it.

On the whole I think these changes are really for the best and makes making choices harder (which is a good thing). You paid for lock-on, you still get that. Don't cry about a function the launcher shouldn't have had in the first place. Balance/varied playstyles > all as far as I am concerned.

Besides, maybe some of the future launcher enhancements Maggy has mentioned might make things even more interesting.
    • Up x 1
  20. MNO

If this pisses you off enough to stop you from enjoying PS2 and SOE as a whole, you should stop now.

Infact, you should never put money into a F2P game, because this is standard.