Discussion: Game Update 1 Changes

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Archaegeo, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Flarestar

Please explain to me how you managed to fly a Mosquito INSIDE a tech plant. Because a properly placed Sunderer is not in line of sight of the shields for a Mosquito to hit to begin with. Once again: you cannot attack a Sunderer with a Mosquito, Liberator, or any vehicle in fact except a GSD Sunderer, if the Sunderer is properly placed.

Yes, you can counter a GSD Sunderer crash. You can plant mines all along it - which is why GSD Sunderers should always be using the Mine Guard anyway. However, if executed properly, it will be successful the vast majority of the time.

There were far more ways than one to attack a tech plant. The fact that you don't understand this just means that your input to the issue of tech plant balancing is irrelevant, because you, as I said earlier, fail at understanding how they're attacked and defended.

Even if in Magic Pretend Fairyland only one way to attack existed, it doesn't change the fact that the change being implemented is a stupid one, and will turn the tech plant from a solid defense base that required actual coordination to take, into a nearly undefensible pile of rubbish.
  2. Metsuro

Because its not a buff, without a speed increase to the missile. The AV launcher is slow, and the AA isn't fast enough to catch a decent pilot. Meaning you'd have to be brain dead for this to be an improvement.

AA launcher is a soft counter, air has a hard counter to the soft counter. To make the soft counter better it needs to be able to do more, move faster, or fire faster. Having increased range isn't going to help in any way. Because they will just out run the shot.

Now for the AV increased range will be increase from roof tops to MBT. I might give you thats a buff for AV assuming you have the a decent angle. But for the AA its another nerf to make air safer.
  3. MistaN

There are 2 doors, 3 shields, 2 entrances for light assault, and an elevator.
    The 2 main doors are the main entrance no matter how you cut it. It's the most obvious way in so that's what people go for because it "should" make sense...I try to avoid those myself. Using the elevator makes no sense because it puts you directly next to those same 2 doors where everybody is spamming grenades so that pretty much negates the elevator as an entrance.

The other 3 doors pretty much requires a 100 cert tool, blockade armor, mortars (or any useful weapons besides the default ones), and a decent squad/group of ppl. That's a bit much for it to be pretty much the "only" way to attack Tech Plants.

Shields bug out at a certain distance and you can shoot through them...it's a bug. Never said anything about getting a mossy inside a tech plant. So yes, as of now...you can attach a "properly placed" sunderer with a mossy.

There's pretty much only 1 way to attack a tech plant:
    Have the zerg rush and distract the enemies at the 2 back doors (+ light assault thinking they can fly over shields lol) while a squad tries to use a GSD sundy to destroy the main sunderer/sunderers in the base. Maybe have a mossy or 2 watching the vehicle bay for potential sundy spawns. PUSH towards the shield gen and hopefully you get it.

Please explain these other ways of attacking a tech plant pls.
  4. YeOldeSammich

Nerf to rocket pods. Yea because nerfing the only weapon for ESF fighters that actually does GOOD dmg makes perfect sense.
    No NC nerf thats lovely -_-
    And more vanu weapons with "higher accuracy". Ok thats nice but where's the dmg?
  5. Metsuro

Its not. TR and NC and use the MBT to tank ladder the LA gaps above the shields. Don't want to risk the MBT? All infantry ALL OF THEM can get up on the arms on the side of shield. It just takes practice.

Thats two ways in on the shields.

Max crash the open doors. Get 3-4 maxes get them in the door then charge. Almost everyone will turn to shoot them as they rush in to the stair cases. At this point the standard infantry moves in to clean up and push to the stairs.

All of these require little teamwork from a "good" squad and just common sense.

The elevator is harder because it requires concussion nades, and emps.
  6. Knoppix

The Anchor light machine gunprovided good mobility and a 45 round magazine.
    Wth does "good mobility" mean? Higher accuracy while moving? Less scopeshaking? Faster movement? Faster switching?
  7. Dkamanus

We'll probably adapt to the Tech Plant Changes. The real problem is if they decided to put those generators in a place that can be easily farmed by tanks, then we have a problem. The thing is now that the tech plant defense will ALSO cover other parts of the base, places where most of the fighting doesn't happen. Besides, Although I farmed a LOT of tech plant zergs, its quite true.

With a huge enough defending force, gate diffusers won't do much good, unless you throw 5 gate diffusers at it. And this isn't the real problem. Outfit were actually farming certs on tech plants, mostly because of those two doors, where most players will attack with everything. I really want to see how this will make tech plants more dinamic. They ought to make some changes to the buildings, but lets wait the patch and see it first.
  8. MistaN

I'm talking about valid tactics, not exploits that will be fixed in a future patch. I know how to exploit a Tech Plant. I'm talking about valid & sound strategies that will work without glitching/exploiting.

And you show me that 3-4 maxes can survive against proximity mines, 10+ grenades, 50 infantry, c4, and other maxes right at those 2 doors and I'll shut up.

You guys must be playing on low population servers or something.
  9. Metsuro

Which is a glitch or exploit? The mbt tank ladder isn't an exploit. All you do is drive the tank in, and raise the barrel. infantry than just run up the barrel and jump.

The two side bars are low enough for if you jump correctly you can get on the arms. If not you can use engineer turrets or flashes to give you increased height.

These arn't exploits. Its using the terrain to your advantage. Or thinking outside the box.

You can blow up AT and proxy mines, You can live through grenades as a max. But they point of the maxes isn't to live. But to be the distraction. Big scary xp machines make good targets. If 3-4 isn't enough get 8 - 10 per door.

I play on Jaeger and its almost always medium, and high during peak. Its not a low pop server.
  10. Flarestar

Ah. So basically what you're saying is, you exploit a bug to shoot Sunderers through shields. That will eventually be fixed, and thanks for giving me a reason to report you.

That being said: you can't attack a properly placed Sunderer with a Mosquito because there is no line of sight to the Sunderer for the Mosquito to shoot at it. There are several places to deploy that are both out of line of sight of the real openings over the two side vehicle shields, and out of line of sight of the back door shield entirely. Smart Sunderer drivers use those places.

As far as the rest of your post: no. The methods for attacking tech plants have been discussed ad nauseum in other threads. I'm not going to list them out again just for you. End of story with tech plants is that they were never that hard to attack, they just required coordination and teamwork - as assaulting all bases SHOULD take.
  11. Goomba

The exploits thing was dumb but the part about population is correct. Pre-patch the only way to take a well defended tech plant was to get enough culling going on that the soonest you see people is when they're 10 feet away.
  12. Qaz

i really hope that the techplant hasnt become vastly easier to take. It would be a shame if it was as easy to flip as amp stations. Main issue will be how fortified those two generator rooms are, and how the defending infantry vs the attacking infantry gets there.
  13. MisterMorden

i just hope they buffed flak armor and just forgot to write it into the update notes ... the explosive spam is just annoying.
  14. Metsuro

With 500 people attacking a single tech plant. No, I think not.
  15. medbot544

No fix for grenade launcher huh.

Or my highly bugged 7 buck gun the trac 5 s...

They decided to fix one weapon to allow it to give certs per tiered kills but not the rest? Like my Mercy?

No mention of flak armor changes either.....sigh.

But they do add more guns we will probably have to buy. That's important.

Hopefulley, maybe by January some the bugs I listed will get looked at.

This patch seems beefy but in end it realy don't effect me at all. Most the gears I use will be still bugged!
  16. Goomba

What
  17. Sparks

This isn't really a game update it's more of a balance pass (and a bad one at that too).

When I think game update I think of new vehicles, new continents and those sort of things (copy pasted new guns don't count as an update to me).
  18. VoidMagic

The nerf to the G2A launcher is such a huge slap in the face for no reason. Thanks SOE, I find myself rarely logging in anymore. Having a simple HA loadout I could count on made the game fun. Now... meh

Got a bunch of <3 time in with my Nemisis last night... RIP little buddy.

I don't think any Tanker or even serious Pilot ever complained about the current state of the G2A launcher and if infantry are angry about getting one shot by rockets ... all the rocket launchers did that... no reason to nerf the one with the least damage.

:/
  19. MistaN

Sure, just like players can use the terrain to deploy sunderers upstairs right next to the shield gen so nothing can hit them at all, not even a GSD Sundy....

And distracting enemies in the same location that the rest of your team is entering (those 2 doors) wont do much.
    The fact of the matter is, there can be way too many players inside of 1 building. That causes all sorts of problems and there are more ways for the defenders to out-exploit the attackers. If you have 2-300 players at 1 tech plant already then why cant some of them spread out to protect the shield generators?

If the shield generators are placed correctly and cant be camped by tanks then nobody should have a problem with this. If they arent placed correctly then we need to rally for them to be changed a bit but the previous setup was just plain broken and caused more problems with the game/engine than it solved. Hell, most of the time you couldnt even see 50 players sitting there shooting at you.

Your definition of a Game Update is all screwed up. Balancing the game is an update. Changing base layouts is an update. New weapons is an update. Fixing bugs is an update. This patch is an update.

Thx for the report I guess. I've already reported the bug...
  20. Mechanought

Wait. So causing the enemy to "fly away" is a bad thing? Saving your sunderer or giving your squad enough time to find cover, is a bad thing?

Extended range on a Rocket Launcher...yep totally makes it weaker. The solution? Make rocket launchers have no range at all. ALL ROCKET LAUNCHERS ARE DUMBFIRE YAY THEY'RE SO MUCH MORE POWERFUL!!!

>.<