Discussion: Game Update 1 Changes

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Archaegeo, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Flarestar

... so basically a bunch of changes that weren't asked for and don't make sense, a small number of changes that actually were needed, a smaller number of changes that were clearly just a response to the zergling horde whining, some nerfs implemented without the "buffs" that were supposed to placate us, and HEY MORE GUNS GO BUY GUNS LOOK MORE STUFF TO BUY.

I figured we'd make it to at least game update 2 before SOE's usual method of operation kicked in.
    • Up x 5
  2. r.Tek

They are supposed to be giving them a buff as well today, but the patch notes do not state this. I'm hoping these notes are incomplete!
  3. MisterMorden

maybe i over read it, but what is with the flak armor buff to 50% ?
    i certed into flak armor because this ...
  4. Archaegeo

This is solely to prevent HAs from always going out with an A2A launcher because it would be used for A2G as well. You need lockon for A2A, not so much for A2G, so you seldom see an HA going out with an A2G and using it to take potshots at planes.
  5. Lukor

Sir that would be your own fault (if the changes dont come). Never take any dev's word for granted unless you see it happening.
  6. Metsuro

higher range, and faster reload are not buffs. Lower lock-on time or more damage is a buff. HELL fixing its freaking tracking is a buff. In no way should the rocket EVER just fly by the aircraft. It should not have to make direct contact to do damage.
  7. Sheen

I feel you dude, since 5 days (almost a week) it's bugged, 2 updates has been released and nothing was fixed.
    I really like this weapon even without attachments, I payed for it so i'd like to be able to fully use it.
  8. Cunning Alias

Ahh ok. I have only used the A2G. I figured the A2A would have only worked with a lock on already. Lets hope this is only for the A2A rockets
  9. r.Tek

Increasing the range and faster reload speed is a buff whether you like it or not.
  10. notyourbuddy

A lot of interesting changes. Should be fun to play with for awhile. I'm a little worried about the multiple chars on same server. A lot of pathetic people out there who will intentionally TK sunderers at the harder to assault bases.

(I predict the #1 rage topic will now be AA MAXes)
  11. Biytor

Bad move on the multiple chars on the same server. Just reintroduces the 4th empire into the game...

It's just not a good idea.
  12. MistaN

YAY!
    This is exactly what I suggested but it was more along the lines of swapping the shield gen and the SCU. This spreads the fight out across the base and we shouldnt have as much rendering issues now. Oh happy day!
  13. Flarestar

Based on 13 years of experience with SOE, I actually suggest just discounting anything a dev posts in general unless it's about a nerf. I can't even begin to count the number of times I've seen devs post about upcoming changes and then 90% of what actually gets implemented is just the nerfs.
  14. Archaegeo

Multiple characters on servers changes nothing about TK.

Right now you could make 9 accounts if you want and have 3 characters per faction per server.

If a whole Outfit, or even a fulls squad did that, they could decimate friendlies in any area. Allowing multiple characters per server just means they can remember one login instead of 3
  15. Flarestar

YAY! Now the fights are spread out across the single most wide open major base type in the entire game! This won't in any way result in the defenders being completely and totally screwed due to tech plants being easily surrounded and saturated with enemy fire, preventing the defenders from having any chance at all of getting out of their spawn room and/or main building to repair them! I mean I can't possibly see how this will completely cripple tech plant defense at all!
    • Up x 3
  16. MistaN

You seem bitter. Also, there's going to be a lot of unannotated changes. All games do this
  17. Metsuro

No its not. Because the projectile always move the same speed. Longer range is just a better warning system for the air craft. Not the AA laucnher.

All they need to do now is see lock, and burn. GG they just dodge a missile, flying in a straight line. All they had to do was burn.

No matter how much you want to say its a buff, you clearly don't understand why its not. Oh I can reload faster? Here let me still wait out my 3-4 second lock on.. Oh... they just flew away again? k.
  18. r.Tek

You're forgetting lock on weapons include AT as well....
  19. orionX65

It does increase it, many cba to make another account to TK and grief, now they just made it easier.
  20. Archaegeo

If they see lock and burn, congradulations, you just removed them from the fight.

The best strategy is to get lock and DONT fire. Wait to see if they immediately pop flares or burn.
    • Up x 1
  21. Xarx

Multiple characters on the same server, Why would you need this?
    Combined with global unlocks I can see resources becoming even more useless Cooldowns would also become pretty redundant as well.