Can we wipe the stats of cheaters/padders?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BuzzCutPsycho, Dec 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BuzzCutPsycho

Recently several cheaters and stat padders were recently banned and suspended but their unjustly earned stats were not wiped. Is it at all possible that we get these wiped? I'd hate to see legitimate players overshadowed by people who can't get ahead without cheating in some way.
    • Up x 47
  2. Eradium

As terrible as I am, people who spend hours legitimately trying to get to the top shouldn't be overshadowed like that. The stats should be wiped.
  3. Natir

Wipe their stats but keep the time played if they will not get a full ban! Make it haunt them!
    • Up x 3
  4. Skulkie

Why cheat? Its either to pretend to be the best via Stats or grief. Stat wipe the kiddies who want to stat pad, get rid of their reason for doing it.
  5. TriumphOfMan

If they're padding for stats then wipe stats. Makes sense.
  6. Eunoe

thousands of kills?
    hundreds of deaths?
    must be legit
  7. Manhattan

Agreed.

Leaderboards are pointless if people can get away with stat padding.

Ban/suspend the padders and wipe ALL of their stats from the beginning of time. No excuses.
    • Up x 1
  8. MaximaneTR

What is the point of releasing people from prison, only to let them keep their stolen loot?

It is only a half-complete job to suspend stat padders... only to keep your stats afterwards. Why?
  9. Biscu1ts

I agree, it really isn't fair to legitimate players.
  10. Hazmoses

I agree 100%. Why should the best players have to compete with the high-scores of cheaters?
  11. Aquaman56

This is a serious issue it needs to be fixed, this is not something that needs to be left alone. What is stopping anyone from cheating to raise themselves in the leaderboard if the stats are not wiped. This is stupid. Please wipe stats of cheaters.
  12. SKYeXileFABULOUS

People unjustly banned getting unbanned first would be best.
  13. Beautiful Lies

Yeah we need to have only the legitimate players on top of the leaderboards, not the hackers who abused the system then only got suspended with nothing to deter them from future cheating.
  14. Deezy

I have to agree. While it's a shame that it has come to stat padding to make yourself rise to the top, these people should have to get their characters back with no stats. I'd agree to let them keep their purchased weapons, cert points, and certifications, but to have your stats wiped is not unreasonable as punishment for these actions.,
  15. TwilightWalker

Why even cheat to pad stats? There's no real sense of work there. The best part of getting up in the top is working your way there, not being a script-kiddy herpaderp hax. I agree with this proposal, wipe the stats if you're not gonna perma-ban them.
  16. Delnoir

Seriously. If you get suspended for stat padding you need to get your goddamn stats wiped. You don't throw a robber in jail then give him his loot back after he gets out.
  17. CaptainFish

I hear that, there was a guy in 2nd place with like thousands of kills and only 5 deaths. This is ridiculous that its on the leaderboards.
    Wipe the stats of all the hackers.
  18. Tauotz

Why would you unban an obvious stat padder in the first place? Does this mean that anyone can just cheat and get a slap on the wrist?
  19. LookitsDante

This is bull.

Noting like this should happen, they should have just been banned outright for stat padding, no matter how much money they spent, it is dishonest and lame. Seriously take away any kind of competitive spirit the game has if the top of the leader boards are noting but statpadders.
  20. DiddyMao

I think people that commit such crimes against a game that provides such a robust gaming experience (FOR FREE) should not be given any credit or receive any accolades. They should be wiped from the face of the earth and never grace the presence of this magnificent game.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.