Underbareled grenades not being restocked from ammo pack

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by Marko Box, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Marko Box

Have they changed this in the latest patch or is my ammo pack constantly buged?
  2. PvtRyanParts

wait a sec. what gun gets underbarrel grenades?! I've never seen such a thing in this game.
  3. Gary

Hopefully this was an intended change. Why should engineers get unlimited rounds for these. I play engineer myself.
    • Up x 1
  4. Ipecac

It's just completely inconsistent. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't, sometimes they'll rearm one but no more. This is as a Cycler S medic, using other people's ammo drops.

Any of the "S" select-fire carbines and assault rifles can attach underbarrel grenade and smoke launchers (and shotguns, but I don't know if anyone actually uses those). So for each faction, there's one carbine and one AR with the capability.
  5. Grotpar

They're bugged.

Incredibly bugged. Half the time they don't even deal damage.
    • Up x 1
  6. Talizzar

Hit and miss. They are buggy as hell.
  7. Riftmaster

Sounds like we need to have a word with those grenade manufacturers...they've been skimping on materials.
    • Up x 1
  8. Matlock0

Should you get a hit indicator when you hit with this weapon? Half the time I hit people in the face, they stay alive and I have no idea if it even did damage to them.
  9. bobby_m

I have had them reload several times, once I got something like 4 additional shells from an ammo pack.
    The grenade launchers have been in this state since beta, and it is really annoying that they don't seem to change (I have reported this issue a few times now).
    Is there a connection to the level of the supplying ammo pack?
    I am unsure if I'd even like them being resupplied so easily, because they are oneshot weapons, which make for very poor gameplay anyways. But either way - This needs to be either clearly communicated or just fixed, so medics can start shelling the F out of everything.
    @ the guy not finding the launchers: just look at the medic assault rifles and the LA rifles - at least one has all the underslung options.
  10. Scorponok

for NC and TR is the S model of carbine and assault rifle and for VS i belive its called SF for both the carbine and assault rifle..look under those weapons and you will find the grenade launcher attechments.
  11. TheScapegoat

I played around with this last night.

"4" ammo packs seem to resupply the grenades consistently, unless I was out of hand grenades; then it would sporadically not function.

5+B ammo packs were very buggy and often only supplied rounds, not grenades; but on some occasions did supply.

Try it yourself to see if the tests can be verified.
  12. Marko Box

Two days ago it was restocking fine from 5+b ammo pack (i was even suprised at how consistently it was working) while last night it wouldnt resuply at all from any ammo pack. I assumed that they changed it and just havent bothered mentioning it to us.
  13. Noburu

One of the many reasons this game needed a month or two longer for BETA testing. OFC they have to get it out before XMas to make lots of $$$
  14. Talizzar

What is the damage of these grenades. I dropped one at the feet of a BR1 and it didn't kill him. I got the nice red X but he lived. No way you are living through a Frag unless you have Flak on.
  15. Pyldrvr

It's been bugged since they were added to the game in beta.
    they need to fix it.
  16. Kudzoo

I've had a bunch of issues with the GL on top of the reloading problem, such as it being switched to instead of the main gun after dropping deployables and occasionally it really screws up my sight (leaning the gun far to the left or right while strafing). Both of these get fixed after switching to my pistol, but it's still really annoying.
  17. ShumaKun

I love GL, but all that bugs... especially damage bug... but its real fun IMO and direct hit kill is awsome XD and its only one reliable weapon when you fly as LA.
  18. Nehlis

Don't they count as normal grenades? in which case, don't you have to go an resupply from a terminal?
  19. Jourmand1r

I think they should. I don't think they are supposed to.
  20. Ghostfox

While it wpuld be cool... I think this falls in the catagory of giving engineers assault rifles... Something i want but think would be... Too much. That said, they have a lot of bugs to fix with these but it shouldnt be a surprise given that they were added last minute in beta and had no real testing.