Seriously, friendly fire needs to go... NOW!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TyphusAlGhoul, Dec 7, 2012.

1. TyphusAlGhoul

I am sick and tired of constantly being shot or run over by my faction. I estimate that 10% or more of my deaths are due to idiots killing me so damn it, friendly fire serves no function other than to frustrate people!
    • Up x 1
  2. Vanath

It forces you to be more careful and think before you shoot. It's doing exactly what it's meant to. I not one of those deaths are your fault. Don't run in front of a tank going at full speed, it's difficult to stop, and don't run in front of someone shooting.
    • Up x 1
  3. Wizardo

I wouldn't say it has to go but needs to be penalized more. I'd say you lose 1 cert point for every person you kill, that should be fair. And if you don't care about certs, there can be a bounty system for others who do. Lets say after you kill X amount of people within a given time you are classified as a traitor to your faction and for X amount if time your fellow faction members can kill as they would an enemy and receive a bonus for doing so.
  4. qazqazqaz

I don't even want to imagine 100 players close quarters combat without friendly fire. Just no.
  5. Jestunhi

False, it needs to stay.
  6. Drengin

Friendly fire on is the only way to play.
    • Up x 1
  7. iGamer1990

learn how to shoot if a player gets in the way of fire oh well but ill revive them :D so they will end up having a good day
  8. irishroy

yep, as a medic you don´t need to care of that.
    kill smbd., revive him.
    earn some xp:D
    • Up x 1
  9. ThreePi

I got an idea, how about instead of estimating that 10% of your deaths are friendly fire, why don't you take a screenshot of your stats page that shows the exact numbers? Go to stats, at the bottom where it has the "Empire" section, click the "Deaths" option and it'll give you a pie chart of which empires killed you. Because I'm going to guess that 10% figure is BS.
  10. Brok9000

Have to have friendly fire.

Why don't they have a FF lockout like in PS1? You TK too many/do too much FF damage and you get locked out for a day. That seemed to work pretty well.
  11. Dibola

While I like it for making people think....sometime people purposely kill me when they know I'm friendly in an area where no enemy are at and it gets me mad. I'm like "You idiot! Why did you kill me?! I'm on the same team, you dumb goof!"
  12. Dibola

There needs to be some stronger type of penalty for TKing.
  13. Eshaede

you get your guns deactived for 5 (i think) minutes after a few warnings
  14. Rivenshield

There is. It's called weapons lock.

The other day I damn near got it from (1) people running in front of me while I was kneeling and shooting, and (2) running in front of my vehicle and expecting me to dodge around them. Too many people are spoiled by FF=OFF environments. It'll take time for them to adapt, and that's simply too dang bad.
  15. JokeForgrim

Doesnt remove the Death from their stats.

You dont earn XP from reviving or healing friendlies who were damaged by friendly fire, test it out.
  16. Dibola

Gah, edited my post. I meant to say stronger type or penalty than 5 mins. They'll just be doing it again. 5min is nothing.
  17. siiix

agree, or at least reduce friendly fire damage by 80%
  18. iGamer1990

well that blows i thought it did lol
  19. Wasdie

20. Hibbe

The same guy ran in front of my Sunderer three times without me getting weapon lock.

That means that every time I log in, I can kill at least three friendlies without being punished.

Yeah, that seems reasonable...