Refund everyone who bought an AA launcher

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by JonniTheJuicyJ, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wasdie

You were using the AA launcher as an AV weapon and are crying because they are returning it to its intended functionality and then buffing it. Even worse, you're assuming the balancing won't be enough, and that they never will make it enough, because you have some magic crystal ball that can tell the future. Then, despite these insane assumptions about balance, you go on to make assumptions about the entire consumer base while insulting many people and then calling me a troll.

You're doing the classic overreaction that I've seen in every online video game I've ever played. Your magic crystal ball you have is telling you that the death of this game is nigh because you are unhappy with something that SoE is doing.

Instead of predicting that others will leave and kill this game, why haven't you left already? You complained quite vocally throughout the entire beta yet you still sit here and complain.
  2. RF404

That is just pure speculation. For all we know the increased lock-on range and lowered reload time might make it OP.
  3. Flarestar

Was going to type out a nice response to all of that, but VoidMagic already summed it up, albeit a little more emotionally than I would have.
  4. Wasdie

Sorry you disagree, but the fact remains that the AA launcher should not be used for AV. It was too widespread. It sucks that people paid money for it and expected it to say blatantly OP. That's just an issue with the whole F2P system.

Apparently VoidMagic doesn't like to hear differing opinions and would rather just shut them all out instead of understanding that not everybody is going to agree with him.

I understand where you guys are coming from, but I guess I just understood what I was getting myself into with a F2P game. Stuff is always subject to change. The EULA states that. Things will change for the better of balance and overall the game will improve. I guess I would be disappointed that a gun I bought ends up not being exactly what I want it to be, but taken in the context of the video game as a whole it makes sense.
  5. Flarestar

And yet no one was complaining about it being used as both an AA and AV weapon until Higby posted a proposed change. Funny how that works.
  6. Wasdie

I was complaining about it quite a bit, just not here on the forums (because devs don't really read these forums for balance issues).

Balance isn't just about what people complain about, it's about the overall stats that the devs track. If they see a weapon being used far more often than they originally predicted, they will reevaluate its uses. It's clear that this was one of those cases where they found a weapon being used in situations they originally didn't intend it to be used and on a scale they never expected it to be used. This throws the balance off for the other weapons of the same type. So they are making changes so that the weapons are more in line with what they have planned for the game overall.

They still have faction specific AV weapons to factor into this equation so they wanted to make sure the balance for the non-faction specific weapons was in check before moving forward.

That's how game balancing works. It's a bit about the community feedback, but it's mostly about hard numbers.
  7. LittleBlackRainCloud

No you buy a multi-tool which is precisely what was purchased, when the maker after 2 weeks says sorry your rent is non refundable keep the knife, the screw driver and file were taking back .. even thoguh we offered it and was part of the reason we sold so many of them .
    • Up x 2
  8. Flarestar

As I said in another thread to someone else making arguments about how balance changes are determined.

And as I've said before, the fact that someone, after 13+ years of MMOs being in existence and seeing what has happened, thinks that most balance changes are made based on data mining is really cute. There are only a small number of MMO developers/producers that have consistently based their changes on in-game data and patterns. SOE isn't one of them.
  9. Wasdie

You're making some pretty big assumptions there with absolutely no evidence to support it. That could be your opinion, but I'm going to take the word of the guys here at SoE when they say that's where a large chunk of their balancing comes from.

Really your post is nothing more than "this is what I believe" and you are using it as fact.
  10. Wasdie

Then they changed it and I believe in the EULA all weapons are subject to change.

Even more so you actually don't *own* anything here. You're just licensing. That's just how it is. Sucks, but that's how it is. That's why I have only really bought cosmetic items because F2P games and software are legal nightmares for customer rights.
  11. Nenarch

SoE is crap.. I still remember SWG.. This is only game from SoE what I play.. and that's because I played PS 1.
    • Up x 1
  12. LittleBlackRainCloud

And if I wanted a knife for a knife's sake I would have bought a tool specifically for use as a knife. I however like thousands of others didn't and was convinced by the lack of better options that the multi-tool was the only sensible option for for self defense against over-powered air power ~ which is partially what this patch is largely to address. Whcih the naysayers use as bench for a defense, I'm sorry but stupid left town ~ here are just pissed off consumers.
  13. LittleBlackRainCloud

And yet again all this is pointless arguing over semantics, because if this were about an outfit being changed to look like a clown suit after purchase their would be clear deliniation of the value because aesthetics seem to ring truer to those who have little mind to understand the intrinsic value of gameplay purchasing and would rather troll a solidly defensable, and justifiable argument.

SOE OWES the players a refund that are disatidfied with their IP rental purchase.
  14. LittleBlackRainCloud

Know what's funny? the same devs that ruined that game went to Bioware and ruined there's as well.
    • Up x 1
  15. Deroth

Op is absolutely f*** correct in expecting his money back. So am I. I earn a shi**on of money, but I am not spending 10$ on something that is being changed on a whim. I use G2A laucher MAINLY for G2G, this is how it's been in this game forever.

To those of you who cry read the eula, there are precedents in other games such as GW2 where people raised the issue with their credit card companies and got ALL of their money back. SOE better learn that it's a BAD idea to piss people off by DRASTICALLY changing stuff they paid their money for. I'm not talking about small nerfs here, I'm talking about a complete role reversal of a weapon. This weapon was used PRIMARILY for G2G sniping by anyone who wasn't a complete idiot. I for one WILL get all of my money back that I've paid to SOE so far from my credit card company unless they refund G2A launchers, you better believe it.
    • Up x 2
  16. o.Solei.o

As an alternative to a full refund, I would like to see the Deci be a free unlock for everyone that has one or both guided launchers. I don't mind them moving the functionality of guns I own to other guns, so long as I am not charged a second time for those functions. (In this case, increased damage. "Sidegrade" launchers do more damage than the default one.)
  17. Flarestar

Yours really isn't any better. You're making a pretty big assumption in saying that balance changes come primarily from data mining, when there's been ample evidence over the last decade that many, many balance changes are made based on popular perception or deafening volume of consumer complaints - even when the change will clearly damage other parts of said game, or fail to address the actual problems, requiring yet another round of balance changes, damaging other parts, repeat ad nauseum. It's where the terms "balance see-saw" and "balance pendulum" came from.

That being said, regarding my assumption (and yes, I freely admit that's what it is):
    • It's how virtually every MMO goes.
    • It's how virtually every MMO SOE has published/developed goes.
    • It's pretty much how these changes read, as a lot of the changes either aren't logical or weren't asked for.
    That gives reasonable grounds for assumption that SOE has not suddenly changed their pattern of how they handle game balance.
    If they prove me wrong over time, I'm totally fine with that - it means that maybe EQNext won't be a giant pile of failure when it launches, and I'd really like to see a decent fantasy MMORPG come out that isn't WoW-esque.
    But I don't think that's likely.
  18. LittleBlackRainCloud

I purchase and in game product, that product implied to remain indefinitely valued as to the agreement and suggestion of it's value by advertisement. There's no misjudgement here sir, I made a transaction 2 weeks after that transaction I am being given something other than what I agreed to. The necessity to make changes does not outweigh the necessity to provide fair commerce.
  19. Wasdie

I'm not making that assumption about PS2. This is exactly what the devs themselves have said over and over and over. I'm just repeating what they are saying. I don't need to assume. You can choose to not listen to the devs, but that won't make your assumptions correct.

Higby has said in many of his streams during the beta that balancing is done through both feedback of the players and metrics gathered in game.

I don't know how it goes for other MMOs and I'm not going to speculate. I'm just talking about PS2.
  20. Krona

People abused G2A launcher as a catch all launcher than can do everything.

This is a good change for the game, unfortunately it pisses off 90% of the population since they all play HA, the ultimate entitled to do everything all the time class.

Fact is, the G2A launchers never should have launched in their current state, we said it in beta. It's absurd.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.