Refund everyone who bought an AA launcher

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by JonniTheJuicyJ, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flarestar

People need to stop saying this. It's one of the most ignorant arguments you can possibly use in this scenario.

Yes, we're perfectly aware that MMO games change, that balances changes are made, that buffs and nerfs happen. However, we expect them to be both reasonable and justifiable. The dumb-fire removal is neither. Reducing damage against non-aircraft targets (even farther than it was already reduced) would've been reasonable and justifiable. Combining the two lock-on launchers into a single weapon and removing dumb-fire would've been reasonable and justifiable. Making a substantial increase to the weapon's capability against aircraft (and please don't try to argue that longer range + faster reload is a substantial increase, that argument has been deconstructed repeatedly and doesn't hold up anywhere except on paper) and removing the dumb-fire would've been reasonable, although not justifiable.

That's the core of the issue here. It's not that change happened. MMO players should, and do, expect that. It's that the change is poorly thought through. Even moreso when you consider that this affects both the G2A and G2G launchers.
    • Up x 5
  2. Hodo

I love this mentality. Its not going to work, simple as that.

Small Claims court in the UK is much like the same thing in the US and Canada. Most Magistrates will throw out something like that before it even gets to SOE's legal teams. You can threaten all you want but it wont DO anything but make you look like a crying child.

Just suck it up, and move on. If you didnt like the situation dont spend another dime, simple as that. Mega corps understand one thing, income. You hurt that number that pushes them closer to the "red" they will change their ways.
  3. Curze

I agree my analogy is flawed, but sadly so are yours. you are forgetting that the AA was a versatile weapon against infantry ground and air, and now its essentially an air-only weapon.

so allow me to try once again with a more accurate analogy

You purchase the Rocket Pods in its current state for the 7 dollars, so that menas you think 7 dollars is a fair price for the value of the item.
    and for whatever reason they decided to make it so I could no longer attack air units nor infantry, buffing their effectiveness against ground vehicle units. That includes tanks, sundies, and just to be totally fair, people on flashes and MAX.

bombing the entrance of a base? no damage to infantry
    bombing a landed ESF? its an aircraft, no damage
    bombing a sundy? yes, you kill the sundy, but everyone around it leaves without a scratch

once again, same question as before. do you think the CURRENT seven dollars match the FORMER seven dollars you paid when you purchased the rocket pods?
    have your item lost value in your eyes?
    would you make the same purchase if you had the chance?
  4. Timperium

Unfortunately guys, they appear to be taking the stance of no refunds on Station Cash stating that "it will cause a loss of revenue for the company if we did that".

What they fail to release is doing nice things for their customers and treating them with respect instead of as walking wallets i.e. refunds, would make it much more likely that these people will support the company in future by buying more SC.

But hey, if they don't realise that, their loss.
  5. Wasdie

Refunding people 700 station cash because they don't like their weapon isn't doing something nice, it's opening the floodgate for pointless refunds. The customer service system would be bogged down by whiners who believed that buying a gun should mean they are the best by default.
  6. Hodo

Here is a suggestion.

They refund you the SC and they take back the item, all kills and XP earned with that item previously and everything is square. Savy?
  7. Timperium

I'm sure most people, if not all, would be happy with this. But I'm not sure how easy it is to implement, unless you can give people negative-certs.

But anyway, it's very unlikely that this will happen!
  8. Curze

why not, the HA AA probably has netted me less exp than my pistol. they are massively overnerfing an already very underwhelming weapon
  9. MexelVanMexelen

Yes. That would work for me. You see, the upset they've caused me is way out of proportion to any XP I've gained from the dumb fire mode. That's what mystifies me. It was in no way OP. Odd that they remove it on the same day their new shiny AT rocket gets rolled out. Dimwits. They are total dimwits.
  10. RF404

Considering that (for this to be an equal analogy) they'd buff the pods so that they'd have an easier time to kill the vehicles; yes, I would consider the new value to be equivalent of the former.

And yes, I probably would've bought it again. Pods that are niched to be even more effective against vehicles would be an awesome thing to have against tank zergs.
  11. Hodo

Thats the point, your more likely to see SOE bring back The Matrix Online than do that.
  12. TheGroggyOne

I liked my weapon, they're planning to remove my weapon and replace it with a weapon I'd never would have purchased.
    • Up x 3
  13. Wasdie

You liked a clearly OP weapon good in too many situations. They are balancing it so it's not the wonder weapon and you're complaining. That's like people who are falling in love with the CARV-S. The thing is going to get a nerf and the crying is going to be very loud when it happens.

The AA launcher is going to be more powerful at doing its job. You're just losing the ability to be able to take on every vehicle at once with it. Boohoo. That's been a problem since way before the game launched that I'm glad they are fixing.
  14. VoidMagic

It's not a nerf... This would be like making the CARV-S only usable against HA.
    A nerf is a change to a properties value. This is a functional reduction.
    It's also a very sever functional reduction on an item everyone loved, and many of us
    spent real cash on. The fact in the same patch there's a new item that has this function...
    that's just either a total nit wit move, or it's freaking sinister.

You can nash your teeth and spew venom all you want. Your opinion on what should happen means nothing to me.
    All that matters to me is how SOE treats it's paying customers... I'd love to continue being one... they need to resolve
    this in a way that allows that... otherwise they get no more cash from me.

You... your not even a minor concern to me... nor is your opinion, which honestly shows a serious lack of understanding or thought. I hope that someday your treated this way when you purchase something, matter of fact given your support of others... I hope you live in a world where all your purchases are undermined and non-refundable... servers you right.
  15. Wasdie

It's a good functional change whether you agree with it your not. You can say my opinion is irrelevant to you, which is fine, but that doesn't magically make your voice more important to SoE than anybody else's here.
  16. Flarestar

Explain how it is a good functional change please.
  17. Wasdie

Because it's no longer end-all HA launcher to have that will work in every situation. It's now a sidegrade weapon and is better for overall game balance.

I think I'm the only one looking at the bigger picture here. The fact that you're almost constantly locked onto by ground based G2A shoulder fired weapons really ruins the flying game for a lot of people. This isn't because the G2A is OP, it's because it's far too numerous because the one G2A launcher can be used for AV purposes too. Why would you possibly pick the other two launchers over the one that does everything?

This has been an issue since beta. I can't believe it took them this long to fix. Now we have a massive group of people who cling to this clearly overused, over powered launcher because it's clearly the best and they don't want to lose the best piece of equipment.

People blindly spent money on it without considering that it may get a functionality nerf because it's not really a "sidegrade" rather a straight upgrade over the default launcher.

I bought the Breaker rockets and I'm expecting them to be nerfed quite a bit because they are still a clear upgrade over a default Reaver. I'm not going to cry when they get nerfed. Heck if they made it so the breaker rockets can't damage aircraft I also wouldn't cry. The overall game balance is far more important to me than my ability to kill everything.
    • Up x 1
  18. RF404

^^ There is so much truth in that post that I'm having a hard time finding the "Reply" button for a QFT message.

Wasdie for President
  19. VoidMagic

It bearly works against Air, and the buffs won't make it worth it either. The reason it was worth the money was the fact it was useable against ground albiet 25% less damage and it could scare away air when used by GROUPS of HA.

The fact your calling that OP, to me... and lots of others, just reenforces what I said before... your balance opinion is ridiculous, and also completely besided the point of this thread and off topic.

SOE is removing the LION SHARE of a weapons uses without customer compensation. It's wrong, and anyone with half a brain and an interest in being a "customer" just walked out on them...

Troll aways there captain... means nothing to anyone here that wasn't using mommies credit card to support SOE.
  20. Jonesitronator

So you bought an AA launcher for something other than AA? Do you also use a screw driver to hammer nails?
    • Up x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.