New "Basic Class?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Flukeman62, Dec 7, 2012.

1. TheBloodEagle

the medics & engineers are basically the middle (soldier), max & heavy are the big hitters and light assault & infiltrator are the other end of the spectrum. game has been out like a month, so too soon for all this. A projected shield is a cool idea though, But I feel like that would best be a deployable device for Engineers.
  2. fawny

I believe no class was meant to be the "bread and butter", since they wanted class diversity. Hence why they didn't include a class that you're describing.
  3. HerpTheDerp

I would remove classes, not add more.
  4. Flukeman62

i t was just an idea that was annoying me in the back of my mind, so I decided to post this rather than have it annoy me
  5. Flukeman62

really?
  6. HerpTheDerp

Totally.
  7. Flukeman62

which ones would you remove?
  8. Pax Empyrean

I would rather seen an option to build your own class, rather than just customize pre-made classes.

A custom class would not have a class ability (stealth/hacking, shield, jetpack, turret, or healing aura) but would be able to equip any weapon, any tool, any grenade, and any utility item that you have unlocked for another class, along with whatever suit-slot upgrades you have for other classes. Just one at a time, of course. Mechanically it's similar to the "Freelancer" class from Final Fantasy V, if you're familiar with that.

You could make a spec-ops soldier to move quickly, scout out an area, and blow up targets of opportunity: carbine, recon darts (tool), C4, sticky grenades and the Adrenaline Pump (suit).

You could make a machine gunner who can lay down suppressing fire forever: LMG, ammo box, restoration kit, smoke grenades, and the Nanoweave Suit.

You could make a sniper that carries his own ammo at the expense of being able to cloak like an Infiltrator does, or a medic who can't heal himself but uses a carbine or sniper rifle instead of an assault rifle. Sometimes I would be willing to trade a class ability for the chance to combine my favorite gun with my favorite gear. In terms of balance, this would actually be pretty safe, since real problems arise from the combination of weapons and abilities (Infiltrators with shotguns, I'm looking at you) rather than the combination of weapons and tools or utility slot items.
  9. TheBloodEagle

Sounds great at an individual level except it kills & changes team play, which is what PS2 is about
  10. Flukeman62

that's even more far fetched than my idea. still good but improbable.
  11. Pax Empyrean

I don't see how it would kill team play to have customization options. You'd still need to have all of your bases covered in terms of healing, ammo, and weapons, it would just disconnect the weapon choice from the utility choice. Honestly I think it's dumb that some classes use carbines but can't use assault rifles and vice versa.
  12. Pax Empyrean

Yeah. I'm not making a serious suggestion. This is just what I wish they would do.
  13. HerpTheDerp

Merge LA with INF. Move AT weapons to the Engineer. Move ammo hubs and turrets to HA.
  14. Drol

Like the engi turret, but without the gun?
  15. bPostal

BRILLIANT!

Also, one word: Surgile.
  16. Jamil20

How about 'The Cook'. His only weapon is a knife. He's secretly an infiltrator that will roflstomp the vanu's when the crown is Under Siege.

ps. He can make food, because food is a staple of MMOs.
  17. TatharNuar

How so? I love the class, personally, and I find it gets me more kills per life than HA because I can catch people by surprise.
  18. TatharNuar

LA to me plays the "infiltration" part of the Inf's role better than the Inf does. Just can't hack.
  19. Flukeman62

bigger something that can protect a entire squad as you move forward. it would last for 10 ish seconds and you can not fire and have it active.
    the soldier would be the one creating the shield so he will be able to move (at a redused rate)
  20. Flukeman62

my outfit leader hates them