Mines got nerfed?? Cant say I am impressed.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Tasogie, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Recca

They want their sunderer to be invincible, get one cert "Blockade Armor" and be immune to death vs all.

The whole point is to have different options.

If they have blockade armor, you use tank mines.

If they have Mineguard you use c4.

If they're in a position u can't get to without dying u bring airpower.

All they did was cater to the ROLFLMAO, I ram my sunderer up against your wall get to spam 2xp.

I like how they all talk about how logically tank mines should work, now you have to switch back and forth between your weapon and your tank mines to place consecutive mines. Is that realistic for someone to be doing that. I don't mind the placing tank mines 1m apart but the hillside and weapon switch is just ********.
  2. Scorpion

This is a stupid adjustment. The Mines have a direct counter, its called Mine Guard! A sunderer with Mine guard 5 can withstand 6 to 7 mines before it blows up w/o repairs. At six to seven mines to blow a Sunderer with Mine guard 5 you spend more then the Sunderer is worth in resources, thats of course if you can carry that many and plant them in time.Currently people don't want to give up their other precious abilties such as Ammo dispenser etc.

As to C-4, there is no counter to C-4 that you can put on vehicles to prevent or mitigate its damage and can be used on infantry or to guard door ways during a cap. The main problem with Anti Tank Mines is you get 2 for rank 1 at a 100 certs, which was too good due to the cost.

Good to see developers make knee jerk adjustments due to whines and videos posted. An irony this was adjusted faster then rocketpods. Developers should try playing their game more and understand armor / vehicles currently rule the game and their resource system does nothing to non stop spam them for easy kills vs infantry ( aka cannon fodder ). There is a reason why you see the top players running ESF w/ rocketpods then alternating to Hvy Tank / Light with High Explosive rounds and never have to play infantry to keep a very high kill to death ratio. Even if the Sunderer is taken out quickly there is still 10+ nearby waiting for depolyment with more on its way. God forbid if infantry can solo one, not as if the resources take very long to go from 0 back 750 and the other irony is that resources were used to kill the vehicle that could of prevented the two mine kill if they bothered to equip mine guard.
  3. MobileAssaultDuck

But that Mineguard does not protect against rockets as well as extra armor would, so it's still not mandatory.

You choose what to be best at defending against.

Especially with the new devastator rockets, extra armor will be a big deal.
  4. buckthesystem

Fully agree here. there are many options already available to counter the tactic of a mine rush. it's not hard, it's not difficult. It just takes time for people to learn an effective counter strategy. Not enough time has been given for people to use and implement counter strategies and now a valuable anti armor tool has been lost.
    • Up x 1
  5. SenEvason

What's the range that a mine will explode and damage a vehicle?
  6. ed_anger

there's still plenty of chokepoints that are inavoidable. sorry your instagib tank toy takes a little more effort now, what a qq thread.
  7. Tasogie

Laughable thing is not being able to put mine son rough ground. I just tested it, cant put mines on ramp leading to vehicle bay now... its "too steep"......
    I have a bad feeling that SOE are going to bring able some major **** ups to this game in aid of catering tot he lazy ones. Who dont think its "fair to spend certs unless they choose to.
    • Up x 1
  8. Tobax

Ok my big problem with this is that now since patch you place the mine in the same way you place the turret, because of this you can't throw it off a wall onto a vehicle like we did before defending a base, have to jump down now and get the little ghost mine to turn green.
  9. RockHarder

I give up and you might as well too, theyre going to balance this game around children who play CoD

CoD has a short lifespan for a reason..and so will PS2
    • Up x 1
  10. Tasogie

yer, good luck using them now when a tank shows up at last second an your running away trying to drop mines behind you....
  11. Recca

So in order to get something nerf, get a group of friends, make 5ish+ threads about X being OP and the dev will listen and nerf it while ignoring the thousands of players who don't use the forums.
  12. f0d

what a horrible horrible change

there was no issues before (and im tank/esf focused with over 1000 kills in each already) mines limited the tanks/vehicles quite well

with this change we should be allowed to lay more mines imo
  13. Recca

I drive a tank/sunderer since day one, and I rarely get killed by tank mines unless i ran over one. First off, when i deploy my sunderer, i don't put it in a stupid *** position where it will get tanked mined, secondly I actually defend it with claymores, so many times i seen engineers run straight at it and just explode from a claymore mine.

This game just caters to all the ******* that park their sunderer in the stupidest position imaginable and expect it to live without defending it.
    • Up x 2
  14. Tasogie

Sadly that is what is happening, the cod players know playing that silly abortion of a game all you need to do is make a stink an devs come running. Now SOE have shown them, same works here,. It is going to be open season now.
  15. Uben Qui

That is hardly the case. Note the whiners in here. They are not crying because mines cannot be used like mines. They are crying because they can no longer use mines like bombs.

Use C4. It does exactly what you are looking to do. It is what it is meant to do. We have been using that to gib Sundies and tanks for more than a month now.
    • Up x 1
  16. ReaperOne1Two2

Not if they want to make money and their stats back them up apparently. Might be because they aren't a minority or something.
  17. Ixal

Absolutely and utterly wrong. But thats no surprise from a mine whiner.

They can still be used as bombs to destroy parked sundys. But using them as actual mines? Only on roads and smooth surfaces. On rugged terrain (which tanks can traverse easily) mines can't be placed any more.
  18. Jaybo H

Wow, sorry Sony, but this was a terrible change, especially the flat ground requirement. Just wow.

Please reconsider THAT part at least. The weapon switch is also something that kills immersion - I see what you are going for here - you want people to have a delay, but honestly that's too much of a delay. Mines were fine as they were - it was dangerous and fun to try to run right up to vehicles to drop them.
  19. Tasogie

Not to mention all a Sundy has to do now is move his bus plant AT mines where he wants it an blow them up.. 100% total immunity to any mines. because the ground cant be used twice.
  20. Ixal

Yep. Mana turrets, ammo packs, corpses, etc...
    Everything blocks mines now.

And I even have a feeling that not only explosions trigger them but a tank shell just passing over them. Completely useless when a fight is happening in the area.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.