Who really are the 'good guys' in PS2?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DukeOfSausage, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DukeOfSausage

Or more specifically, what is the exactly lore?

Is/was the TR republic a tyrannical government? Lore says they were democratic in nature; what is the deal with these guys?

Are the NC fighting under the guise of 'freedom' but are only truly supporting the idea of corporate greed and non-regulation for corporations to do whatever they want?

The Vanu, are they interested only in technology and finding a medium of human evolution or completely trying to redefine humanity into some different evolved species?

Whats the deal?
    • Up x 1
  2. Ky3217

The TR is obviously the good guys. We're the best!

On a serious note. The answer to your question is up to you
  3. wavefunction

The Vanu obviously have the enlightened wishes for all mankind. Sometimes, we must scold our children to that they may grow and learn. All will be forgiven in time.
    • Up x 1
  4. Gavyne

They are all "good guys" in their own minds, kind of how this world operates currently. People just think differently and they will support what they believe in. If a war is waged for their cause, they'll find nothing wrong with it even if it hurts others. I'd like to associate NC with the brown coats from Firefly universe, they're fighting for freedom so they are not controlled by the big evil Alliance (TR). Heck I started playing NC because of that heh.
    • Up x 2
  5. BadLlama

No one is good, such as in real life, they are all horrible and all have their own personal agendas.
  6. MobileAssaultDuck

No one.

The lore is like Warhammer 40k in that way.

No good, no evil, just war.
    • Up x 2
  7. Liquid23

good and evil are abstracts and completely dependent on opinion and perspective...

now in a work of fiction they CAN be absolutes if the lore dictates it... but I have seen no such declaration in any PS lore so who is good or evil depends on your opinion
  8. MortarionX

Well the TR was until they found the rebirth tech. They brought peace and prosperity to the original earth and once they found rebirthing tech, they became tyrannical. Only to protect the tech though, because they saw the massive potential for wrong it had.
  9. running_t4rg3t

The Horde.

Because of Gnomes.
    • Up x 1
  10. PoopMaster

Probably no one. Just a case of who might be the least worst.
  11. Compass

I can tell you who the bad guys are.

NS. They're creating weapons of war and selling them to all three factions.

DEATH TO NS.
    • Up x 8
  12. Corsix

Vanu are 'join or die' which is pretty damn evil, no middle ground with them. NC might back off if TR left them alone, but NC have used some pretty underhanded means for there ends. TR did a lot of good in the past but as MortarionX said, rebirthing technology may of changed that. Then again it might of been unavoidable.
  13. Hosp

Jovians. Rarely does anything good come out of Jovians.
  14. Pax Empyrean

It's not black and white. It's red, blue, and purple.
    • Up x 2
  15. Unit1126PLL

The TR is democratic.

The NC fight against restrictions anyways, because even democratically determined restrictions are too much for some (see the Tea Party in the USA).

The Vanu fight because they, um, er - are elitists?
  16. Ganelon

NC appear to be pushing for a world like it is now. E.G. corporations pushing for less human rights and a "free market" in which CEO's make a ******** of money while keeping their employees poor.
    Vanu appear to be mad scientists who jam alien tech up their *** and hope it improves their body somehow (same with weapons, jam the tech in there and pray it works).
    TR are more conservative, don't want to meddle with alien tech too much, nor do they want to give corporations too much power and use opressive ways to keep it from the public.
  17. SYPHONiCYDE

Obviously the "Good Guys" are all the members of the SOE staff that have to deal with our complaints :p

And the Vanu. Definitely the Vanu. We have Purple.
  18. Aktarus

Vanu's use spandex sadomasochist suits , coneheads helmet and purplez color code, they cant be good
    • Up x 1
  19. Liquid23

I thought the Vanu fought for "science" ... what ever the **** that means... I still think they are just a cult of eugenicists
  20. Exmortius

TR are the good guys. end of story. pwning blue and purples is our tradition!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.