Ultra Settings Improved My FPS

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by BLKThumb, Dec 4, 2012.

1. PoopMaster

Pretty sure you're supposed to set the graphics quality to -1 otherwise you have to redo the .ini every time you play.
  2. Chiss

It is. It looks awful.

I think the real kicker here is the draw distance. I used to be able to see what seemed infinitely, now i can see a clear point where its stopping rendering.

It's also using lower quality models for things, until you get close. Not sure the technical name for this. But basically trees have many different quality models, as you get closer, it shows you better ones. Basically its showing the bad ones until you're quite close.
  3. BLKThumb

dont think you set it up right bud
  4. Chiss

Ugh.... this permanently changed some of my settings T_T, what are the default values for all these extra things you added to the config...
  5. TotalEclipse08

This gave me lower FPS and made my game stutter controllably.

i5 3570K
    560Ti
    4GB RAM (have another 2 lying around somewhere..)
  6. BLKThumb

[IMG]
  7. Chiss

8. Chiss

Yes... that looks horrible. The lighting looks like its from PlanetSide 1...
  9. BLKThumb

10. Chiss

Thats what im using in that picture, and it looks the same as yours. I just stood somewhere that emphasised how bad it looks. Guess im reinstalling and hope it reverts these changes.
  11. BLKThumb

lol ok 4 other people said this worked and it looked nicer so that leads me to believe its you....
  12. Chiss

They said they get better FPS, no one said it looks BETTER.
    Think logically, this isn't magic... higher FPS = your PC is doing less work.
  13. Chiss

Ah, deleting my .ini reverted it all :) yay.
  14. Sharpe

It didn't look better or worse - it looked pretty much the same for me. Except better FPS - I had to revert though due to unexplained 3rd person stuttering.
  15. RaZz0R

looks like the diff between motion blur on and having it off to me
  16. LOLdragon

I'll have to try this for myself, but if it works, this sounds like an awesome find! I'd LOVE to have an extra 10 FPS on this game, especially if it comes with better graphics! <3

Still... doesn't SOE have an uber-strict policy on not modding this particular game in any way whatsoever? I don't wanna get banned...
  17. ShriekXL

ooohhh......Gonna try this when I get home.
  18. OldMaster80

This is bull**it: of course it improves FPS, those settings just lower video quality, not improve it.
  19. BLKThumb

how does it lower settings? that is what every thread for ultra settings is saying to put in...
  20. Moxin

I get less FPS with these settings and the game looks rather like with lower graphics settings for my eyes in comparison to the ini settings I use. But there are for sure some interesting setting options which I will try for the ini settings I use, maybe I can get even more FPS with some adjustement. But with these "ultra" settings my FPS got reduced by 10-15 FPS.