Nano-Weave Armor is bad for this game.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BuzzCutPsycho, Dec 1, 2012.

1. BuzzCutPsycho

Thankfully due to nano-weave I survived to be healed. Thus is the benefit of using the best and only worthwhile suit mod in the game.
  2. Jestunhi

"you are wrong, but I won;t offer anything to back my statement!!" Nice one mate.
    False. As an engineer supporting tanks & AA MAX / AA HA I can easily be out of render range of the enemy infantry forces and only worrying about tank shells / lib bombs.
    I have never denied this, but you will take less damage with Flak than you would with NW.
    You clearly misunderstood here, I was talking about when I am supporting an AA MAX with ammo / repairs and libs / rocket pod ESFs are attacking him. I am taking heavy explosive damage but not bullet damage.

Level 1, yes. Level 2, perhaps, the rest? Hell no. But that's not a reason to remove it, because it offers too good bank for its buck.
    False, it's only better when you have less health than the incoming damage. In all other situations is is of zero use.
    All situations except taking cover and letting your chield recharge? Except having an extra grenade to take out the people who are shooting you from behind cover? Except when you find yourself up against a tank with no engineer and have used some rockets already?

Basically, if we discount all the situations where the other options offer the clear advantage then NW becomes the best option. But I have no intention of ignoring the advantages of the other options as you do.
  3. Stride

However if damage taken never broke your shields then you aren't using nanoweave at that point making advanced shield capacitor better.

Like I said if your strategy is to go from 100% hp to 0% hp in one go then nanoweave is useful. However if you are actually a smart player and plan to survive a few battles then nanoweave will become less and less useful.
  4. Jestunhi

If you had faster shield regen, and took cover, you could have had higher effective HP when fighting.

If you had grenaded him you may have not gone so low on health.

If you had rocketed him.... etc, etc.

You blindly see the advantages of only one upgrade and dismiss the others.

Please don't kid yourself, it is out of ignorance.
  5. BuzzCutPsycho

NW armor is always on, always superior. Always use NW. It's passive and working 100% of the time against 100% types of damage.
  6. Typhus

You don't get it bruv, this upgrade is completely situational, I'd say it's only important in 1v1 fights in some lonely base. It's also hardly cost efficient, who the hell spends 1k certs on getting a small bonus to their health when it only means soaking up two or three more bullets? What are you, grinding all day for it or something?
    This upgrade is only worth it in the two first levels (1 and 10 cert cost) and maybe the third level if you really got certs to spare. Most upgrades are like this.
  7. Jestunhi

The benefit is not gained even remotely 100% of the time.

The vast majority of the time, unless you spend most of your time on a tiny sliver of health with your shields down, there is no benefit to having NW.
  8. BuzzCutPsycho

None of the situations you make up in your head counter the fact that NW armor is 100% passive 25% HP at all times and thus a clear winner above all suit mods.
  9. BuzzCutPsycho

Do I or do I not have 25% more HP at all times if I use NW? I do. Thus, it's superior.
  10. Littleman

(When your collective HP is actually above 1000.)
  11. KnightCole

Well, The nanoweave, it seems to be the biggest reason why I live or die in a 1v1 shootout. Since upgrading my L2 nano weave, I began to really kick ***, often barely living. Now that I have Lv3 nano weave, my dude really seems to take a beating. Combined with the HA Special Shield, my dude seems awful tough at times.

Nano Weave isnt that OP, but it certainly does make it difficult to start the game at lvl1 with nothing. THen again, this is a team based game, not a 1 man hero game like all those Call of Dunce and BF3. I like the overall feel of this game. The full suits of body armor were wearing actually have some effect, that is nice, I quite like it.
  12. Jestunhi

False.

A grenade can do over 25% health damage, therefore having access to an additional grenade can swing the outcome of a fight by more than 25%. Same applies to rockets. Other advantages have already been explained, and while you have ignored them other people actually reading the thread have read them and are laughing at each post you continue to make repeating the same baseless statements.

Having more HP does not make you superior.

Surviving longer would, if you measure it that way. But NW cannot be guaranteed to be the option to make you survive longest. An extra rocket could kill a tank where a NW heavy would run out of rockets and die.
  13. Stride

Another thing to keep in mind is ammunition belt that increases mag size. Basically if you use a quicky burst gun like VS engineer pandora for example that unloads 6 quick shots you are more likely to kill your opponent for they deal enough damage to kill you.

Wow logic is amazing! Am I a genius? Probably not but at least I made a worthwhile point *cough cough* feels good. Maybe try it sometime.
  14. Typhus

So you're not saying it's overpowered?
  15. Stride

1v1 shootout is your playstyle and although nanoweave supports the gun to your last breath playstyle this doesnt make in the end all be all choice unless this is strictly the way you play. I guarantee their are players out there making use of ammunition belt, grenade bandolier etc.. for other playstyles.
  16. Stride

No worries there aren't many anyway.
  17. Sketchball

I walk away from gun fights with one or two health bars pretty regularly. Can't speak to all the maths and graphs and quantum physics, but if nanoweave gives me 20% more health (at lvl 4), and I have more than 5 health bars, how is nanoweave not regularly benefiting me?
  18. Typhus

That's why it's an upgrade that costs certs that you earn for spending time playing the game right.
  19. Ghostfox

The line of thought that it was bad because it makes you better than a new person is flawed.

A gun with a compensator is better than one without.. one with a laser is better than one without. By the logic you are using, you are saying that there shouldn't be sidegrades or upgrades or whatever you want to call them because they make your character statistically better than a fresh out of the box one.
    • Up x 1
  20. Cyridius

Flak armour gives me resistance to explosions.

Pure upgrade. Remove it.

Your argument is literally nonsense. I can see the point it's coming from, but it's just wrong. PS2 is a game of choices obviously, if someone chooses Nanoweave they miss out on something else. If someone chooses Flak, they miss out on something else. And so on. It was their CHOICE to not get Nanoweave.
    If you're talking about day 1 freshmeat first 10 minutes players, that's not gonna matter for **** because they wont know what's going on anyways, and then by the time they do they'll either be smart enough to realise 1 bullet makes almost no difference unless you're in a straight 1 on 1 fight where neither of you got the drop on the other and you both start firing simultaneously(Which has happened to me a few times), or at extreme ranges, or against snipers(When you put serious certs into it).
    Okay, say I use Nanoweave. And I win in 1 on 1 fights because I had that extra health. That's ENTIRELY fine. Why? Because the guy I just shot in the face CHOSE not to get Nanoweave aswell. He CHOSE to get another armour that was more suited to a difference situation. Nanoweave is definitely not OP and should not be removed.

The medic's nano regen lets me beat Heavy Assaults straight up 1 on 1. Should that be removed because I certed into it and it gave me a straight advantage over another player?
    • Up x 1