PlanetSide2 System Requirements

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by godmaster89, Dec 1, 2012.

1. godmaster89

So I've been downloading the game for 2 days now...saw a video of it on gamespot...

finished downloading and then I get this error when i press the "PLAY" button: Game Error G25

MALFUNCTION:YOUR VIDEO CARD HAD TROUBLE INITIALIZING AND MAY NOT MEET THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO RUN PLANETSIDE 2

And under it, it shows the games minimal requierements...
    now what I dont get is that my Video card is: ATI Radeon HD 4850 Series

and accourding to the video cards alowed it must work....

2. Mansen

It's a known issue with the launcher - lots of people (even with high end cards) are getting told that they cannot play it.

:(
  3. godmaster89

Is there anything you can do?
  4. smetana

Have you tried updating your drivers?
  5. godmaster89

Well to be sincere...i have no idea... :/ my pc is in german....anychance you can spend some time to help me out?
  6. Sdragoner

dafuq? go on AMD/ATI webpage and download the latest driver for your card and thats it. Why do you think you cant download and update stuff when your pc is located in germany? Or has a german version of windows.
  7. godmaster89

jeez chill...i was just saying its hard for me to understand **** on this pc...
  8. Sdragoner

I chill, that is just how I normal talking to others. You don't want to be near me when I rage out about something ;) somethimes I just demolish the whole space. Whatever go to this page http://support.amd.com/de/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx , first drop down menu select desktop graphics, next drop down you select radeon HD , next drop down, 4xxx, next dropdown your windows system , and you will get the latest driver for your card.
  9. adroc

I have an ATI HD 5750, and have been playing for about a month with no issues. All of a sudden I am getting this error. I have rolled back drivers since I already had the latest drivers installed. I have set all of my settings back to basic settings in the OS and in the user ini file. I have now uninstalled PS2, and am now reinstalling. I have 5 gigs left to download, hope this fixes it.
  10. TSR-Jesse S Customer Service

For those with compatible video cards, find your \PlanetSide 2\ game folder and delete the following files:

PlanetSide2.exe
    UserOptions.ini
    SoundSettings.xml
    LoadingScreen.xml
    InputProfiles.xml
    vivoxoal.dll
    vivoxsdk.dll

Once these files are deleted, close the Planetside 2 window/folder and go back to the Launchpad > Advanced Tools/Settings menu. Click on the Validate Game Assets menu option and then press the green Validate button to have the Launchpad check your game files, and download any missing or corrupt files.

This *should* work, if it does not, please keep replying!
  11. godmaster89

Didn-t work for me :/
  12. godmaster89

thanks...thats all i wanted ahahah a simple "tutorial"
    • Up x 1
  13. CommandoBrian

I got the same problem.
  14. BlackDove

I've gotten it too, with a 660Ti lol. I just closed the launcher and restarted it and it worked.
  15. TheAppl3

Necrothread ftw :p

Update your drivers. Often, old or generic drivers fail to be properly identified by the game and cause a G25 error.
  16. TSR-SeanF Customer Service

If you are still encountering this issue it may be the result of a caching issue with the launch pad. In order to possibly resolve this issue, go to your game's folder and find the launchpad.libs folder. From there, delete the launchpad.cache folder and try accessing the game once again