Pilots who bail are made of big fat fail!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CoreDave, Nov 30, 2012.

1. MobileAssaultDuck

Infantry can suicide with a /command, I use it to great effect for mobility and to get out of pinned down areas.

And I disagree, there is a winning condition in this game, domination of all available continents.

It's a temporary win, but a win none the less, and the more XP I deny from the enemy factions the better chance my faction has of gaining an XP advantage, which means more of our players can have more well equipped classes and vehicles.

When you face an enemy your goal should be soul shattering domination.

Every time you dominate an enemy, you break their spirit a little more, making the next domination easier.

I would find it insulting for someone to handicap themselves against me, so I do not handicap myself against others.
  2. Argento81

I'm seeing a new trend of heavily damaged fighters intentionally crashing to deny full vehicle XP. It is what it is.
  3. PanzerGoddess

lol yes that is always a good time, that and the fact if your barrelling through the air with your plane, and just not quite close enough to get back in while spamming E screaming at yourself lol.. NOOOOOOOO!!!!! MY PRECIOUS!!!!
  4. wolfva

It's your job to kill them. It's their job to keep you from killing them. Stop crying about sucking at your job :>
  5. RomulusX

I bail b/c I'm a bad pilot b/c we can't change flight controls :(
  6. Zedin

I always go LA when I fly so that I can survive a bail 90% of the time. Plus once I get my ejector system I will be golden. I bail because I am not out of the fight. Hell there have been times I have bailed as an HA and gotten a rocket off against a ground target before I splat. If I am going down I am going down fighting and shooting until the end.
  7. m44v

Well, I do that a lot too, when I'm trying to reload mostly.
  8. OminousZ

Really? Are you going to return my certs?!? Because I certed so i can bail out and not sustain damage, like a parachute. You tell me what pilot doesn't bail? Cmon man, ***** to SOE for including the cert in the game. useless thread
  9. PapaSmurf

They better take the Re-deploy button out too.

Pinned down in a base - Wooooooosh! Re-deploy elsewhere. Denying the attackers a potential kill which by the OP's opinion shouldn't be allowed.
    • Up x 1
  10. CoreDave

No thats fine, as I've said if people can survive because they have managed to actually ditch, are light assault or have certed the ejection system thats fine. Its people who know they cannot possibly survive and are jumping out purely to deny the kill.. The taking your ball and going home approch.

Although I am curious as to why you would spend good certs and an invaluable utility slot on such a useless upgrade?
  11. CoreDave

Pretty sure redeploy has a activation delay doesn't it? Either way its found in the map screen and can hardly be used in the split second it would be needed to deny a kill. Now if they allowed you to bind an instant suicide ability to a key so you could hammer it the moment you started taking fire to avoid giving the kill then that would be comparable.
  12. OminousZ

Well, I guess in that case, I could see your point. I think SOE should not allow people to bail if they dont have the cert. then that would be fair. I spent the cert. because I like to fly, so anything that has to do with flying, i cert, ie., flares, chaff, parachute, etc..
  13. Pella

E key is the rage quit button of dog fighting. I rather see people bail as i know deep down they are not happy, and focused on bailing rather than fighting its laughable.
  14. PapaSmurf

I think there's more people that aren't really bothered about losing a few points from people who bail/die/eject than those that are so I doubt SoE will change that mechanic to suit an obvious minority.
  15. Flharfh

If you bail out / suicide in order to deprive the person who shot you down of XP, that should be fixed. In the case of suicide deaths whoever damaged you or your vehicle last within a reasonable amount of time should get credit for the kill. Grow up and don't be a baby about getting killed - there is a reason people who did this in the original Planetside were known as "Bailures". If you fly as light infantry and can actually survive bailing out, this wouldn't affect you.

This really hurts people playing as AA, because the kills are few and far between and you get less XP for killing a non-galaxy aircraft than you get for most infantry kills. There is no doubt that playing as a dedicated AA (whether MAX or Skyguard) is the slowest way in the game to get XP / Certs.
    • Up x 1
  16. ddp

For the last time!!! I am not trying to bail!! I get out of my plane to repair it in mid-air! Its not my fault you keep shooting it until it blows up!
  17. OminousZ

I agree with you all the way, but then why would SOE allow us to cert. to parachute out, per say. Like i said, if you DO NOT have the cert. you should be locked in the plane until you land it.
  18. ImGladUmad

You get like 100xp for destroying an aircraft I think...or 75....

You guys are OP right now, Im glad ur suffering.
  19. Mikepoleon

For what it's worth OP, I agree with you. I have only bailed once, and that was because I accidentally mashed E instead of pressing T to go 3rd person. If somebody beats me in a straight up dogfight, I'm going down with my plane and my hat goes off to them, they deserve the XP. I expect other pilots to return the favor.

Its extremely frustrating and petty, when I get behind somebody, fire a quarter of a magazine into them before they immediately point their nose down, hit afterburner and crash into the ground instead of actually trying to dogfight me. People like that should just go back to driving some lumbering tank around or hoofing it as infantry, because he's not fit to call himself a pilot. Not fit to share the sky with real pilots.

/PilotArrogance
    • Up x 1
  20. ERICH

Perhaps you're rewarded for finding a person st00pid enough to stay in the burning plane ^_^