Pilots who bail are made of big fat fail!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CoreDave, Nov 30, 2012.

1. Neoslav

I always try to bail when I have no chance of safely landing to make repairs. When I bail though I don't eject mid-air, but hang low to the ground and jump onto the ground and let my craft fly off and crash. Half the time I can do this with only my shield damaged.

I''m still alive and if you want that kill xp you got to find me.
  2. Marinealver

Just click on his name and hit ignore. That is what I do.
  3. CoreDave

Yeah which no-one uses. Trust me these people die you see the death come up as you swoop over.

Just to be clear I have no problem with people using the ejector system (even though they don't) nor do I mind light assault doing it, but 90% of the pilots sensibly go engineer so they can repair their planes.
  4. {joer

I tend to want to bail when I fly just because thats what you were suppose to do in PS1. I need to get the bail cert so I don't have to resist that urge anymore.
  5. CoreDave

What a petty petty man you must be.
  6. Germanius_GER

Agree.
  7. MobileAssaultDuck

Petty?

It's war.

If you get XP, you get more progression. You get more certs, which gives you more options and guns to kill me.

Cutting off the flow of resources to your enemy is the foundation of warfare, and XP is a resource.

The more XP I can starve from enemies, the more my team progresses faster.

It's the exact same concept as denying in a MOBA. I kill my own creeps to starve your money income.

Same idea, just applied to Planetside 2.
    • Up x 5
  8. m44v

I always bail, that's why I fly as an infiltrator and not as an engineer (engineer pilots are a bunch of wussies) I never fix my plane, I bail in enemy territory before I get destroyed and infiltrate empty bases like the badass infiltrator I am.

I'm totally OK with pilots not getting their kills, after being farmed with impunity with their A2G rockets they deserve nothing.
    • Up x 4
  9. Nihil

Yup. i don't owe anyone cert points or e-peens.

You sure are implying it. You want the ENEMY to GIVE you kill spam, cert points and XP, and POUTING about not getting it. You think you deserve it. Kill your enemies faster and they can't bail. QQ some more.
  10. CoreDave

Wow, this totally wasn't the response I was expecting.

I post a fun rhyming title just to draw attention to a form of behaviour that is clearly unsportsmanlike. Often probably done by people without thinking it through and I get people posting full of venom as if I have suggested they engage in amorous activity with a sheep. Come on people I know the internet brings out the worst in people but really, have we abandoned any sense of empathy for our fellow gamers?
  11. Kairus

NEVER. I'm going to take my chances by jumping out!
  12. Siuki

I do my best to get as close to the ground as possible before bailing and i expect anyone i'm shooting at to do the same. Why let me kill you if you have a chance to survive?
  13. CoreDave

But would you leap out anyway at 500 meters? Knowing that you couldn't survive. Ditching is fine, noone should expect you not to try and survive. But honestly how many times have you survived leaping out of a moving plane? You have to be pretty much landed and stopped to survive.
  14. MobileAssaultDuck

I believe you'll find my post is not venomous in the slightest.

I explained why I disagree with your assertion.

I even compared it to a tactic in another game, the art of denial in DOTA.

In Dota, when your ally, tower, or creep (a friendly NPC in case you haven't played) is about to die, you become able to attack your own stuff so that you can deny it from the enemy. The enemy gets no gold unless they get the last hit on a creep or tower, so if you are good at this you can starve your enemy's gold flow which means they can't buy items which means you dominate them.

Suiciding in PS2 is the exact same concept. By killing myself, I am denying you a resource that allows you to become more powerful while not losing any of that resource myself.

It has absolutely nothing to do with venom, pettiness, etc etc. It's just a perfectly valid tactic.
  15. GMajor

I completely agree when people get annoyed with players bailing, me more so on BF3 when players used to bail outside of the combat zone and die 10 seconds later. That scenario isn't really applicable to PS2 but...

The game is designed to allow people to eject which is why the upgrades exist. However what isn't right is if someone bails just to avoid being killed and intentionally dies anyway. By that I mean those who dont have ejectors, not playing as LA OR /suicide as they're stuck out in the middle of nowhere. If the player manages to "fall right" or has equipped to deal with this situation - great!

Otherwise, why isn't there a short timer that will award the XP/kill to whoever they took damage from last if they do die? this obviously wouldn't count if they took damage from anyone else in the mean time (bailed successfully and later shot in the head)

Thoughts? you may now troll.
  16. CoreDave

I wasn't really talking about you, although I don't understand your position. You can't compare a direct competition with a winner and a looser to the ongoing situation in a MMOFPS. You denying me xp doesn't meaningfully improve your factions position in the war which also has no end to measure success or failure by. Its more akin to kicking a football out of the park because you lost the game.

I'll ask again, if you are ok with this sort of behaviour then do you want a suicide button added for infantry to use to the same effect?
  17. Maximilious

This is why I equipped my scythe with a2a missiles and a2a gun. Everyday I play out of the 100+ pilots I kill maybe 2 or 3 have enough time to "safely" bail out before I kill them. Usually they are dead within 5 - 8 seconds after I spot them.
  18. PanzerGoddess

does this thread count when your try to reload but instead eject while face palming yourself. Especially right after you just killed someone...
  19. Meurtos

Tell that to the pilot who followed me straight up as I my Reaver was failing, I bailed. Pull the C4 out, as I fell planted it on his Scythe and exploded it, he not only did not get my plane XP or XP for killing me, but I got the XP for killing him and his plane. If that were you, I think your brain would have exploded and rage suicided IRL.
    • Up x 1
  20. CoreDave

Oh an I did that a few times before I remapped reload. Right in the middle of a pulse pounding death defying aerial duel thats already lasted minutes and suddenly rather than having a fresh round of ammo in my nose gun I am hurtling through the air watching my fighter arc gracefully away from me.... Ahh good times ;)
    • Up x 1