Pilots who bail are made of big fat fail!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CoreDave, Nov 30, 2012.

1. CoreDave

You know who you are, you know you've lost an air duel or can't avoid the ack ack and instead of going down with your plane (and giving your attacker their rightly earned xp) you bail out mid-air knowing full well you can't possibly survive the fall. *Edit* Its bad enough that half the time the plane is destroyed by burn up or legitimate accidental crashing during evasive manoeuvres.

Come on now fellow pilots, next time it could be your target who engages in this selfish and petulant behaviour, are we not better than this? Real pilots hang on in their to the last trying to turn the tables on their attackers or safely setting down their ride.

Be a real pilot not a fail pilot!
    • Up x 2
  2. EvilRanger69

I myself don't fly much. But real (in real life) pilots do bail. They owe you nothing.
    • Up x 19
  3. CoreDave

Um yeah, but then real life pilots have ejection systems and most important in real life dead is dead, you know because its real.. Was this comment really worth posting.. I don't think it was, was it.
  4. CoreDave

So you would be fine if SOE introduced an instant suicide button that people could mash just before you killed them as infantry? Because it is exactly the same thing.
  5. guitarxe

You get the same xp for blowing up the enemy ESF even after they bail. WTF are you complaining about?
    • Up x 7
  6. EvilRanger69

Still the point, no one owes you anything. And you are the one who said "Be a real pilot not a fail pilot" Stop being butt hurt and just play the game.
    • Up x 8
  7. CheeseN!P

you can have you're xp when you peg my doomed self outta the sky. that and I always forget there's no parachutes in this game. must be a shortage in the future
    • Up x 3
  8. CoreDave

Yes but you don't get the kill xp. Are people honestly ok with this, because we can ask SOE to add a suicide button for infantry to get in on the action if you like the idea that much.
  9. VoidMagic

SOE NEEDZ TO FIX IT.

I bail and Im proud... make sure you bail, everytime... cause, no matter how Honrable that one guy is, or how much people just lie about it... 99.999345% of pilots bail, and it needs addressing via game mechanics.

DONT BE OK WITH IT, HELP GET IT CHANGED.
    • Up x 1
  10. jamieprittpeter

Yup. Owe you nothing.

Go **** some base for your unbalanced points.
    • Up x 2
  11. CoreDave

Did I say they owed me anything? No I encouraged them not to be cheap and choose suicide over letting an opponent score a genuine kill (which is only important because this game rewards kills with xp and therefore certs which need millions of). The suicider gains nothing for bailing and as I said next time they might be on the receiving end, I was trying to make people think about their actions and show a bit of empathy, too much to expect of you it seems but I am hopeful that others will think about it next time.
  12. Marinealver

You should still get the credit for destroying the aircraft after a pilot bails.

Oh but I owe you a song.

and I'm never ever wrong.......
    • Up x 1
  13. Dornez

I play a LA when I fly so I can bail safely...

You know they also have ejector seat certs, just for this very reason.
    • Up x 3
  14. Otleaz

Jumping out doesn't mean death. If you hit the ground at the right angle you will survive.
  15. MobileAssaultDuck

What logical reason is there for me to not deny you experience from killing me?

A suicide is always better than being killed as you starve your enemy of XP.

Same goes for your own vehicles. Crash them or take them out yourself before the enemy can. You lose nothing, they lose XP.
    • Up x 2
  16. Lopatnik

Oh no someone denied you the kill, what a bad person he is.
    PS I deconstruct my tanks to not give them xp, yes I'm evil.
    • Up x 5
  17. TheBloodEagle

There's even an Ejection cert.
    • Up x 2
  18. Valhalas

I bail there for I am .... if SoE didn't want me to bail out they wouldn't have given the 500 cert option :D
  19. Blitzkrieg

Was this thread worth posting...I don't think it was, was it.
    • Up x 8
  20. Marinealver

They hsould just make the grav chutes all standard for all aircraft.

They were removed to prevent the bailuers which did deny XP in PS1 and to prevent disposable trasnports for people like snipers just using them to get on top of a tree or a building.

But 2 things have also been added which means restriction the ejection seat is not necessary. First is credit/XP on vehicle kills even if they are abandoned. Second is vehicles cost resources and also have a hack of a cool down so players tend to want to keep their vehicles longer than players in Ps1 did. Now if only they extend the decon timer.