New AT weapon suggestion.

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Kristan, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Kristan

Right now HA doesn't have decent AT weapon for long distance. Guided AT missiles are terrible, I can brew a cup of tea while missile is flying and damage makes me yawn.

For those who played PS1 know such AT weapon like Lancer with high velocity unguided projectiles. And I thought "why not?", lets give all the factions weapon like that, for example portable 30mm AP cannon. It will have 5 shells clip with extra 4 clips in backpack. If you will manage to land all 5 shells it will do damage equivalent to standart rocket launcher or maybe slisghtly more. But that won't be easy because of noticable kickback even for rexo.

So I want to hear your "Yes" and "No". Whacha think?
    • Up x 1
  2. SixVoltSamurai

No. Take longer to do the damage of one rocket with more shots? No thanks. Plus they have yet to introduce the faction specific HA Anti Armor tools.
  3. Beltway

Actually man that sounds good. I would like to see something along the lines of a bullet being fired vs an actual rocket. Of course less damage would have to be mandatory due to fairness (you can't really dodge a armor piercing bullet in a tank), but I think a lot of HA's would opt for that kind of alternative.
  4. ENFORC3R

I like this idea. Maybe have two types, a 20mm that shoots faster, has more ammo, but less damage, and a 30mm, slower shooting, harder hitting gun. Only problem I see with this is Heavy Assaults trying to use it like a sniper rifle...
  5. ThElement078

YES!!!!![
    quote="ENFORC3R, post: 703401, member: 61306"]I like this idea. Maybe have two types, a 20mm that shoots faster, has more ammo, but less damage, and a 30mm, slower shooting, harder hitting gun. Only problem I see with this is Heavy Assaults trying to use it like a sniper rifle...[/quote]

YES!!! Could also be used as anti-air
  6. TheBloodEagle

I want this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Gustav_recoilless_rifle
    Basically what you're saying.

Effects wise: I don't want the actual projectile to have any smoke, just a tracer like object.

CON:
    1. Amount of smoke when fired would give away your position
    2. Less ammo
    3. Slower Reload

PRO:
    1. More powerful
    2. Further drop-off
  7. Kristan

You won't be able to hit a tank with rocket that is further than 100 meters from you. He will put his trollface on and just move a little to avoid your slowpoke rocket. Especially if this is Magrider.

This weapon is for middle-long range tank killing. For close range TTK will be too slow, it would be faster to kill a tank with rocket launcher. That's the tradeoff of this weapon.
  8. SixVoltSamurai

Like I said, wait for faction specific AV before the HA gets even more versatility with armor destruction. Rockets just need to be faster, as it is you can dodge them from 25m + away. Then again the only efficient way to kill a tank with a HA is from behind, so the argument is moot.