The True Infiltrator Build.

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by BrB Stove Exploded, Nov 28, 2012.

1. BrB Stove Exploded

Faction: NC

Primary: Shadow
    Attachments: Silencer, Laser Sight
    Scrop: x2 reflex

Reason:

The shadow unlike the stalker dishes out a ton of damage. If you have used the stalker you will know the damage can be very lacking and in CQB you still get out gunned. The shadow is the best short/medium weapon SEMI-AUTO in the game. To give some idea, the Battle Rifle takes 5 hits to the chest to kill, the Shadow only 3. So you can see this thing packs a real punch. The x2 reflex gives it the right amount of zoom and view, and its the ONLY gun in the game id ever put the silencer on. Most guns the silencer makes useless because of the drop, but on this gun it feels just right, especially with the x2 scope. Now the Shadow already has a nice tight hip fire spread, but the laser makes it absolutely ridiculous. With this you can beat most HA at close quarters even if they pop their shield.

Secondary: Rebel
    Attachments: Laser, Silencer

Reason:

The rebel is a side grade. The difference being this one does more dmg per shot than the default mag. But as a Infiltrator this is an upgrade for you. You want more dmg per shot anyway. You will only pull your pistol when you want to knife/pistol, or you run out of primary ammo. This pistol fills those jobs 100%. Not only that but this baby can and will hold its own in a 1v1 confrontation. This pistol will out gun most carbines. The laser makes the tight spread that much tighter, and the silencer is a must as it does not really effect the bullet drop, and is just an all around upgrade for the pistol.

So now your a silent ninja ready to be dropped into enemy territory to kill, hack, and cause terror to your foes, but before you do that lets talk Utility:

Suit slot:

If your a true sniper you always want the shield regen for infiltrator, as it will win you long range gun fights. No brainer right? But when your infiltrating the shield regen is really kind of meh. I have tried nano, and flak and I must say your better off with the grenade pouch. It will give you 2 grenades which is more useful than being able to take 1 more bullet with max nano. This will give you the extra longevity behind enemy lines. You dont know how valuable that second grenade is until you have it.

Utility Slot:

Med kit or Bouncing betties. Id suggest BB's for infiltration. These well placed in small funneled areas can be deadly. But most importantly, when you get behind enemy lines and start capping those points, you will want to secure the room your capping with BB's. Secure the entrances and the stairs. These will save your life and alert you to enemies. You only get 1 the first cert upgrade, so its pretty expensive cert wise to get 2, but when you have 2 BB's, and 2 grenades you feel like you are ready for anything. A 1 man army that has the potential to kill an entire squad/platoon before he goes down.

The Recon Dart Gun:

So no one uses this and it pisses me off. Do you guys even know you have this? Have you hit the number 3 recently? Use this. Its amazing. When Im moving in a high pop enemy base alone, i shoot this in the direction im moving first. I shoot this when im trying to cap a point in the area enemies come from. This is your first alert system. If you use this correctly, you will ALWAYS SEE THE ENEMY BEFORE THEY SEE YOU. Not only that but it also helps people in large fights. A lot of times the zerg being pretty mindless will do stupid things. See that cluster of enemies over by that rock that the zerg clearly does not? Fire a dart into their position and watch how things change. The zerg may be mindless, but it knows what the **** a red dot on the mini map means...FREE CERTS! So use this to guide people to enemies. You are recon after all....

As for upgrading the gun, i strongly suggest you upgrade it to at least the 100 cert mark. It gives nice range and 1 extra dart.

Alternate Grenades:

EMP: These are kind of cool, but will leave you wondering why...? In beta they prevented guns from working/shooting as well as dropped shields. Now I hear you can still shoot, but the shields drop still. So this is kind of meh right now. Basically you throw this and you do half damage to enemy when you could throw a real one and do full damage? I know makes no sense to me either. Hopefully they bring back it from preventing guns from fireing. Then it will have a purpose again.

Decoy: At first glance these seem useless. Might as well use the EMP before this right? Actually these are pretty fun, and can cause a lot of confusion among the enemy when your trolling a base. It makes it seem like there is a squad firing where ever you throw it and it lights up the mini map to compliment this. You use them as the name suggests. When im locked down in a knock down drag out fight with 2-3+ infantry or a max, these come into play pretty nice. Its the sound that gets people.

You can also use these to lure enemies out of hiding. Why wont that 1 guy come out of spawn...throw a decoy grenade near it and watch him run to the fight that is not there.

Alternate grenades as a whole would be 1000x more useful if you could actually pick and choose which grenades you want when you get a grenade pouch. I would totally take 1 regular, 1 decoy with me at all times. Sadly until this is an option i recommend the standard grenades.

Hacking: This should be the last thing you cert into, but go ahead and upgrade it to the 30 cert mark. It speeds things up, but if your pro you can hack at any speed ;). Hacking is underestimated by a lot of infiltrators. It annoys the enemy, prevents them from spawning precious tanks/sundies, but MOST of all it allows you to full fill the true infiltrators roll which is get behind lines and cause havoc.

The infiltrator class is awesome, but sometimes you just need that extra pazaazz, that extra kick to really make the enemy wonder: "WTF IS THIS GUYS PROBLEM ANYWAY!?" What Im getting to is, when you hack an infantry terminal, change classes to engineer, plant land mines, change back to infi, plant BB's. See what im doing here? Change as a HA shoot some rockets. Change back to what ever to get what ever i need done. Hacking lets you be what ever you want, and do what ever you want.

Which brings me to my next point. A true infiltrator will have certain things from the other classes Certed. This way when he hacks he will have way more tools to play with. Things i suggest you cert:

Engineer: Anti tank mines, Sticky nades (OMG THESE ARE SO GOOD. They have secret powers ;) )
    Medic: C4
    LA: C4
    HA: Rocket upgrades, anti air and ground, Anti-Vehicle Grenades.
    Max: Anti vehicle upgrades, anti infantry upgrades, Bursters. Sometimes you just need to really piss everyone off by turning into a max in the enemy base. Do this for max rage.

You will also want a good gun for those classes while you use them. I strongly recommend you get a shotgun and use that for all those builds unless you have training with carbines/Assault rifles. This will keep things standardized and you will always have the same gun and familiarity to what ever class you switch too. Piston/Sweeper/Mauler are all good and for infiltrating will really get the job done. Sweeper with extra mag is probably my favorite. 12 rounds of furry.

Hot tip: Engineer bouncing betties only cost them 100 certs. So you could hack a terminal, change to engi, drop a betty, change back to infi, but I rather prefer dropping anti tank mines around the base im camping. Enemies naturally go to the tank to flush out an infiltrator, but with this trick up your sleeve you will be ready for them. Always stay 1 step ahead through hacking.
    • Up x 7
  2. BrB Stove Exploded

Another tip: The laser can be seen while you are invis. You can turn the laser off with "L" and you still keep the bonus it provides.
  3. Vindiana Jones

Someone mentioned in another thread that shutting off the laser doesn't actually shut it off for other players. Have you tested this to see whether or not it's true? Until I know for sure, I don't want be a beacon of red light running around everywhere thinking I'm cloaked.
  4. blzbug

I haven't ground up enough certs yet in the release version, but in beta, I loved loved loved my Flash with the full 100m scout radar. Like the OP said about using the IFF dart, you can drive the radar flash around lighting up enemies and just watch the blue arrows converge on them. It is the BEST tool for an inf capping an outpost. Drive up with your radar flash and park it under stairs or in an outlier low traffic building. Now you have radar coverage for the whole outpost! I would also pull the flash when defending anything. Park it conveniently and you have massively improved your base's defense. The flash lives for 5 minutes unattended, so make sure you either die frequently or go back to reset it :)

I would also really like to know the answer to the laser sight question. It was never tested in beta since scout rifles only came out with 2 weeks remaining, and they were so expensive hardly anybody ever used one. Now it seems we are stuck with the little popshooters instead of a decent cqc weapon like the precious shotgun. SOE thinks its ok to one-hit-kill someone from long range, or with a nade, or with a mine, or with a shell, or with a rocket. But an inf who has to sneak his happy azz up to within 3 meters of you? Overpowered! QQ Bleh. I am morally obligated to make my shotgun rant on every inf post. And I am reminded nightly why, as I try to enjoy cqc inf while using a craptastic scout rifle...
    • Up x 4
  5. BrB Stove Exploded

Thats actually a very good tip.

*Cert Scout radar on the flash so when you hack a vehicle terminal you spawn a flash and have instant radar. That way you dont waste precious darts. Just do like Bug said and hide it under stairs or something.
  6. Aktarus

its the build i'm using and the tricks i'm using too , excepted i stick on my stalker because i cant believe that the dev will leave it as it is now and dont want to waste points into the shadow just because the stalker is a little bit broken ,im waiting for a balance...

But a stalker with a 4X scope can be really deadly too in some situation if you're using it in your optimal weapon range . but the lack of ammo of power and the magazine size ruin it
    otherwise we have the same vision of this class.
  7. Athix

This looks like an awesome build, I've been happy with being pure sniper so far but the render issue starts to piss me off. I would like to try this, but I'm a TR, is there a pendant to the shadow? I would assume it's the SOAS-20, correct? If yes, are they about the same? I was looking forward to EMP nades but you do have a point...I guess I will skip these for now. Also I will have to make a choice pistol-wise as a TR...
  8. hsal9

All the sniper kiddies posts qqing about useless infiltrators should be redirected to this thread. Good OP.
    • Up x 2
  9. RobotNinja

I wouldn't personally call this a "true infiltrator".

Semi-Autos and Bolt Action is more of a personal preference/playstyle as opposed to
    an end all, be all. Both can work equally well if used properly.

As far as the NC's Rebel (high damage, low rof) pistol sidegrade, while it's great
    at picking off wounded enemies, in a one-on-one or even sneaking up behind someone
    you're far better off with the NC's default pistol IMO. Even if you sneak up on
    someone with the high damage sidegrade, due to it's crappy ROF, they easily have
    time to turn around and unload a full clip from their own pistol or automatic
    weapon.

Also, I would recommend Nanoweave armor over the shield upgrade for the suit slot.
    You can always duck behind cover and regenerate your shield and unless you're in a
    face to face, duel to the death you should wait those few seconds it takes to
    regenerate your shield. However, once your shield is down and you're taking
    damage, the only thing that's going to give you an extra buffer is the nanoweave
    armor.
  10. blzbug

The SOAS-20 is the full auto scout rifle. The HSR-1 (or something close to that) is the semi-auto. I'm not impressed with either one, but that's all we have to choose from. The semi-auto is the better of the two, and similar to the NC shadow the OP talked about. However, the HSR takes 4 body hits to kill, compared to apparently 3 for the Shadow.

Since you are TR, you already have the best sidearm in the game. The Repeater is fantastic, don't waste money or certs on the other TR pistol.
  11. Clutcher

I agree with the OP. I play similarly with the same weapon and it works well. Also use the Stalker a bit.
    I like to hack key enemy terminals (if not all of them), and kill the confused enemies that try to use them.

Yes the laser is still visible to enemies when "turned off". Get on a flash to see for yourself.
  12. Athix

I wonder, is the Claymore of TR actually inferior to the Bouncing Betty of NC? From what I've seen in videos, bouncing betty is simply some sort of proxy mine, whereas claymores merely explode in a certain direction...
  13. TwoSkies

Excellent information on this post. Kudos to OP and others.
  14. Benton!

I agree with everything you said, and I have a lot of experience with semi-auto scout weapon, but when I went back to the Bolt Driver and Rebel, I found I was more versatile in more situations. I can bring down a hostile with the rebel in about the same time I can bring one down with the semi-auto. The Bolt Driver is better for when you need to get a quick pick on someone, like an engie using a turret, you can one-hit-kill him really quickly, and that can save you or someone else's life.
  15. Flaeb

Thats why I dont use Claymores. I feel thats the case. But I could be wrong.
  16. medbot544

I have two infiltrators, one NC and TR.

NC Bouncin Betties: they are very small hexagonal disks that are blueish in color. They match with almost any surface and due to their low profile: very hard to spot. They also seem to be a full out 360 explosion. Not once has someone noticed these and shot them.

TR Claymores: they are just like the name implies and look like the real life version. However, it is colored bright white as main color and with bright neon red as the trim. It looks like the canadian flag and to add to this, on med+ graphic setting they emit neon green lasers from the corners; these things stick out like a sore thumb. Then add to fact they are conal based and only really damage anything directly infront of those lasers. 1/2 the claymores I lay always gets shot at and destroyed; you can see them super easy. Also people survive these all the time if they are not in the cone.

I have no clue about VS, have not unlocked it yet but I am fairly certain those are not as bad as the TR version.

Oddly enough, C4 for other classes for TR looks like the Bouncing Betties.

Curious why they make TR claymores so distinct and easy to spot when everyone else gets explosives that melt into the ground....
  17. BrB Stove Exploded

Bouncing Betties may seem better because the melt into the ground as you say but honestly the woes you have with Claymores are felt by NC with BBs as well.

BB/Claymores can be beat, and not only that but the radius seems kind of weird. I had a HA guy run right by 3 of mine today, all 3 detonated but he just sprinted by and took no damage. So its not that your claymores are being shot at or spotted, but rather they are exploding and not doing their job(killing the enemy).

Very finicky devices which is why i said its best to put them in tight funnel spots. Literally time i set one out in the middle of the room or to the side of a door they never work. If i carefully place them in a tight funnel like a hallway or between 2 buildings, they always get a kill.

I suggest playing with them a bit.
  18. blzbug

Agreed. The Claymore is comically easy to spot compared to the other empire mines. Absurd.
    I played VS during beta. VS mines are grey triangles with very small purple lights. Not too hard to spot if you're looking for them, but the grey color makes them blend in ok. I got tons of kills with them.
    I'm TR on full version and just started using claymores tonight.
    I could be wrong, but I think the directional lasers are just for show. I believe the claymore is 360 just like the others.
  19. blzbug

I think the mines are sensitive to lag. If the target is laggy and running, they can trigger the mine and survive. This problem is more apparent now that the game is live and there are alot more laggy players running around.
  20. medbot544

BBs profile is about 1-2 inches tall and 5 or so inches wide...

Claymores are 10 inch tall and 10 inch wide plus they glow white/red with tell tale green lasers shooting a foot from each side.

To even get kills with claymores, I have to be sneaky in the placement and hope I guessed the right direction. BBs I just drop anywhere I know there is traffic and majority of people don't even see them.

On my NC char I spot and destroy TR claymores easy; they are SO noticable. :(

edit. those lasers are not for show, most dmg you can do is in that cone. If enemy is behind those lasers, they take less dmg and most likely will survive.