Anyone else sick and tired of Rocket Pods?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Puukainais, Nov 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. italktowalls

just because they dont respond to ur post in the fourms doesnt mean they dont read them. the devs have posted a thread of their own stating that they DO READ UR POSTS. so please get that thought of ur head. as for the rocket pods, i think they are fine.
  2. Malkurn

I'm about tired of aircraft in general. I would not care one bit if liberators bombs and rocket pods were removed in the next patch.
  3. Duckforceone

oh so rocket pods are an expensive buy... what about skyguard, burster max and HA rocket launcher?

they aren't also expensive? And when you buy them, you don't even earn 1% of the xp you earn by spamming rocket pods...
    • Up x 3
  4. Binkus

its not the rocket pods it is the lack of anti air

rocket pods are powerful as they should be

but

the skyguard is now a steaming pile of crud

AA maxes generally have a bad time

since you rarely get actual kills air will rule the day

on a brighter note 1 shotted 2 reavers last night with my AP lightning which is more kills than i got with a skyguard.
    • Up x 1
  5. Bullwinkle 01

I'm a decent pilot, and my lifetime over any decent action is often measured in seconds. There is so much ground fire, missiles, and other aircraft flying around that I am too busy dodging and don't have time to kill infiltrators. I don't really think there is a problem here.
  6. SirBurning

Obviously if you sit far away from your team alone, you WILL be a easy target for almost anything.
    Dont expect to be able to sit on 1 hill 30 min getting headshot after headshot without getting interfered with
  7. Daish

hack a AA station at the base your attacking as a infiltator then shoot down enemy aircraft if there is 10 right about you they wont expect it and u will get alot of kills
  8. Puukainais

So i guess as a sniper you are suppose to be just like a regular fighter heading towards in the huge mass of teamfights and camp one location? Mkay. New point of view on snipers.
  9. Sturmhardt

10. Atillius

The issue is there is no steady deterrent for ESFs. Think of this, tanks, have a deterrent, either other tanks or Infantry primarily and both can kill them with 2 shots. Air Rockets generally need to be unloaded into a tank to kill it and appx 3 for infantry...unless you are super lucky.

I too play HA, but I find it odd you can't see where you die from, rockets have smoke trails, and you can pretty much count all the ships in the air and their general direction. If you are locking on an ESF IFO you...chances are he sees you too. However, I agree that they don't seem to care about the missiles, they can pop the flares and extend any lock time by 5 seconds at the base cert....keeping them on glide path for a rocket attack.

Be careful about realism in a game. I can name a number of airframes that can take more then one hit, especially MOST attack aircraft and helicopters. They are specifically designed to take punishment from MANPADs. The realism argument is not logical in video games. If it was, you would have players falling down when shot once, breaking legs when jumping, and screen fuzz after explosions to name a couple. If you want realism, try Battleground Europe. (A great game BTW)

How did you collect your empirical data? Furthermore, are you asking for nerfs, because you are not a good all around player? Is that the real argument here in most cases? Can't fly, learn to, spawn an ESF and fly around the warp gate, make target runs on trees, rocks, etc....learn to fly. Also, for $10, you too can have rockets and rotaries.....
  11. Radian12

Why is there so much air ?

1. 80% time people don´t man the AA turets . Yesterday we defendet a amp station . That is like 12 AA turets and equal AV turrets.
    My squad was running arround repairing gens and triyingto man the AA turrrets in efford to shoot down the 3 liberators and 5 ESFs !

2. Too few people have AA MAX , G2A rockets and stuff. When people get it you will a plumit of ESFs .

3. A lot of guys still don´t know what to do and are new . Man the damn turrets all over the place and kill them !!
  12. SirBurning

There is no such thing as Sniper, you are a Infiltrator, you are suppose to sneak into bases, disable shield etc cause terror.
    That you have a sniper rifle, doesnt mean you should be far in the back sniping.
    I can easily help my team sitting on a Tower like the Crown and shoot people coming up the hill, that is when you sniper rifle comes into play, defending a base.
    When there is offense, you should be playing Sneaky inside their base, or be playing a different class.
  13. Wellknown

ESF are fine just buff AA. nuff said.
  14. Midax

As long as AA stays as weak as it is, then rocket pods will be OP. Rocket pods need a large nerf or flak AA needs a buff. I would prefer to see the pods nerfed and Liberators be the main A2G platform like they should be.
    • Up x 1
  15. D0n

Yo dawg, I heard you need AA in this game.

AA does not need a buff, only certain user's AA skills do.
  16. Zamos

Rocket ****
  17. Rolfski

I think it's fine as it is. Air has to be taken in consideration now if you want to take hold of an area, which is how it should be.
    It promotes counter play (AA and air superiority ESF's), planning (bring your own to a fight), specialization (certing into AA/Air superiority pays off) and team play (you need multiple AA to make an impact).

For lone wolf snipers, it would be nice though to have the option to specialize more into that role by certing into an anti-material rifle, which would behave similarly to it's modern day counter parts.
    This very heavy caliber rifle allows for shooting out pilots out of ESF's and Liberators (NOT Galaxies). It can also kill the driver of Flashes, Sunderers and (upcoming) buggies. It's kinetic impact is also heavy enough to one-shot disable Flashes.
    Of course there should be trade-offs as well: small clip size, bolt action, long ADS time, slower movement, small ammo count, etc.
  18. Zamos

Rocket Pods
  19. Exmortius

my tanks on connery were absolutely destroyed by rocket pods all night long. more people are getting them and TR seem to lack AA atm. i might have to pick up the AA secondary gun for the prowler and unlock the skyguard on my lightning soon if it keeps up because rocket spam is getting pretty bad already like in beta. 95% of the NC roll in reavers or HA it feels like.
  20. Aktarus

you cant claim that when actually 1 rocket pod unload can kill a AA turett in 2 seconds while 4 AA can barely take 50% of an ESF armor down before he leave and repair for the next rush.

guys in AA turrets or a skyguards are actually one of the easiest target for an esf while they are supposed to be their nemesis.

thats why AA mean ANTI AIR. its the ground armor and infantry job to take them down, an ESF should not be able to hoover safely over a base that as not been cleaned from AA first ....eventually the liberator that can fly like WW bombers over the AA range to carpet bomb them too but for sure not the ESF job..
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.