Something weird after I quit the game

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by BlueSmiley, Nov 26, 2012.

1. BlueSmiley

Well, i'm not sure if i'm going to explain it good enough, but i'm going to try:

When I close the game (Logout, exit.. the normal stuff) and i'm on my desktop, my mouse starts to act weird.
    The arrow follows my mouse movements, but very slow. And when I stop moving the mouse, the arrow keeps going the same direction as I was moving at first (for a second ~ two seconds). The arrow starts to act normal again after 10 or 15 seconds.

I have this since beta. I thought it was just a little beta thing that many folks had, so I didn't really make a topic for it. But nobody made a topic about this matter either and I still have this "problem", so I guess i'm the only one? lol

I'm on Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit
    Rig is in my signature.

PS: I do not have this in other games.
  2. TSR AlexS Customer Service

Blue Smiley, how much available ram do you have on your computer during and after you play the game?
  3. Druidaces

I can support the issue with this. I have 4gb of ram and i know this is not enough to run my normal programs +planetside2. It leaves me with about 300mb of ram left when game is running. Now when you close the game, the game goes, but it still consumes ram for a while (Not sure how long). Usually when i close the game i end the process by going to task manager. Im sure this can't be good for the game or my computer but it seems to work. Hope this gives some help to discovering the problem
  4. Druidaces

Hope the above helped
    • Up x 1
  5. BlueSmiley

Without playing the game (Using Chrome, Xfire and Antivirus): 1,37 GB
    Playing the game (and right after when I close it): 3,32GB

Druidaces is right. It keeps using memory for like 10 - 15 seconds after I close the game.
    The mouse acts normal again as soon as the memory drops.
  6. Druidaces

Bump
    • Up x 1
  7. BlueSmiley

^This. One more.
  8. D0n

I have noticed this problem on another PC with 4 gigs of ram, it started happening on release (Steam version), it was fine during beta.

Is this Steam related? are any of you launching it via Steam?
  9. BlueSmiley

No. And as I said, I had this problem in beta too.
  10. Druidaces

I can't for the life of me rember if had this in beta,