1,000 Certs for Only 30 More Ammo!?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Reizod, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Tarrick

Nice. Have not seen a reference to that essay in quite some time.
  2. Chriss

Ask yourself this...were you spending the 1,000 certs to improve certain situations, or were you paying for an I win button?

A company would be stupid to make a massive leap and unbalance the game just because something costs a little more. Doing so would FORCE players to get certain upgrades instead of having them as an option to customize someone's play style.
  3. BadLlama

Spent 1000 Certs to increase both my MAX arms ammo count by 5. Don't give no *****.
    • Up x 1
  4. Vreki

Could be, I find it a bit difficult to follow his purple logic.
    But I kind of agree with SOE, the primary content of PS2 are the battles we make, not the cool loot dropped by dead Vanus nor new spells every week.

Besides, it would make sense for them to add content gradually, there is no need push everythng at day one. If the game becomes a succes, then they will spend more ressources on it.
  5. Reizod

I actually do have all those RL things to contend with. My post is coming from a person that has been paid and work as a professional testers in the game industry. I have the money and time to get those high cost certs, and I will. The point of my thread is to help balance out for those of YOU that don't have the time and money to get them. I'm trying to fight for the 99% here.

I could've just kept doing my thing and continue to have everything certed out. But the newcomer, you know the gamers that will save this game and keep it going in the long run, see those high cost/scaling certs and be a bit put off. You guys have your roses glasses on so tight, that you can't seem to understand this. Stop making excuses.

It's funny, because there were many things that was flawed during beta, and even now, that when talked about the blinded said stop QQing, but then it actually got changed by the Devs. And was admitted it was flawed, broke, or wrong. You guys crack me up some times. *sigh*

Oh, by the way, if you check my forum history, I'm also someone that support the Devs, but that doesn't mean I won't put their feet to the fire if needed. Some of you guys have your Eyes Wide Shut!

This ==>
    Gambles said:
    “I believe the point he's trying to get across is they put a sort of 'fake' progression into the game in that it's a huge grind for nothing, not even visual appeal like mmo's have with vanity items. It's basically a cop out, and he's right. They must have ran out of ideas at some point and said "screw it, no other game has big fps battles like this so that will be enough".”
  6. Chriss

I believe you are the one who is being unreasonable here. Because people don't agree with you, automatically you say we have rose colored glasses on?

I think it is great that you worked in the industry, I still work in the gaming industry.

Can you list the titles/companies you were paid to test?

Bottom line of what I am trying to say is the mentality of "Agree with me or you are wrong" never gets your any respect points and makes people see you as just another person on the forums making a complaint post.
  7. Gambles

It's true enough that big battles kind of make themselves. But there is no denying that the game is a one trick pony at the moment. The battles although big are really only that, with little strategy needed because of the spawn system and the way vehicles and aircraft are obtained in game. That's not to mention the horrible awful awwwffuuullll layout of the capture points. There all so damn similar, and small, small rooms, no tunnels or sprawling indoor areas. Just cramped spaces that force cqc when taking caps, and then they go and make one faction excel at cqc above others and everyone wonders why they always own so much of the continents hmmm...

Anyway... I do hope they add a bit more substance beyond what is there now. Because the game is fun, because of the big battles I mean. Other than that it does everything else in a very mediocre fashion, the balance sure as hell isn't great, the gun play is meh, the flying is ok, the vehicles are abundant.... ya know what I mean? You know some games that are more then the some of there parts? well this one isn't quite there, yet anyway. Here's to hoping.
    • Up x 1
  8. Sturmhardt

You don't need to buy it. If a skill sucks, don't cert into it. I don't have a problem with useless, overpriced certifications. I only cert into useful ones, you should try it ;)
  9. Vreki

Well, PS1 bases were not only similar, they were clones. Thank god I shall never fight in one of those towers again.
    And yet the game kept going for almost a decade.

But the way I look at it SOE has a very good incentive to keep adding content: Because people will buy xp boosts and subscribtions to get the new content as fast as possible. Or outright buy it for SC.
  10. Vermana

Ugh, the COD kids STILL do not understand the Cert System.

Planetside 2 is not like Call of Duty, Battlefield or Halo 4 where you unlock huge advantages by playing the game more than your friends. The Cert System is meant to give a seasoned veteran with years of playtime only a small non-skill related advantage over a new recruit.
  11. Fafnir

I agree with Reizod. Last rank of most certs should feel like ultimate reward, not something I won't bother with until I have 1000 spare certs. I don't like current design.
    • Up x 2
  12. Reizod

And this ^^^
    • Up x 1
  13. Jawa

I don't see the problem. It's a bonus for people who have played for a really long time, without giving them something that would make it outright unfair. Seems perfect to me as something very very "endgame"
  14. Hellspawn

Please.. my eyes.. the text color. At least you didn't crank up the font size.
  15. Rosebloom

Inb4, " High Cert caps are fine, learn to play... longer. "

In all seriousness, the high investment in end tier certs is fine. If you don't want to put the time and effort into unlocking them, then unlock something cheaper.

Any old Planetside 1 gamers here remember how lonngggg it took to get to BR25/CR5? Hhhoooo boy. I coulda sworn that took a while.

I guess people are real used to getting everything all quick-like nowadays.

* Shakes a cane at. *
  16. Beeffy

O for crying out loud this is an MMO!! not call of duty or halo. in an mmo progression is implied and the amount of time you spend on your character directly reflects the items you have obtained, it is completely unexceptable to expect people to spend 40+ hours a week on ps2 for the smallest of upgrades imaginable. The whole dam thing becomes pointless and a waste of time unless you are buying your items.
    • Up x 1
  17. Freyar

Getting CR5 was a celebrated thing, simply because it TOOK effort and time.
  18. DeadlyShoe

......lol.

You're just so missing the point.

The high end certs don't give you something to accomplish, they give you something to spend certs on. The damn thing barely launched. A year from now, if you're still playing, you'll be whining that you don't have anything to spend your certs on. :p
  19. Jourmand1r

If you dont think 30 extra bullets is worth 1000 certs you must have bad aim.

With this game's ttk i could probably kill 4 people with 30 bullts.
  20. Comet

I agree that the diminishing returns on certs is depressing. It only discourages me from playing as opposed to wanting to unlock more things. I do enjoy the core of the game, but, this part is lacking in a big way.
    • Up x 1