Rendering distance of players is a BIG JOKE !

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by PlayerOneSVK, Nov 22, 2012.

1. KlyptoK

Um, this is wrong.

Because we played Beta without this bizarre limitation on the render distance, and my PC ran it all fine.
  2. RykerStruvian

This has been really pissing me off as a reaver pilot. I'm getting locked on by ground targets I can't see until I'm about 50m away from them while doing a strafing run. And it's not like my computer sucks, I have 16GB of RAM, an i7-3770k, and a GTX460 (not the greatest but certainly sufficient).
  3. Vetala

Found this a huge problem in bigger fights especially when playing sniper, target there one min,line up my shot and they disappear.
  4. MarlboroMan-E

Commenting because after a week this was finally a big problem in a fight for me last night. Friggin libs disappearing, ESF disappearing ... very frustrating.
  5. quicKsanD

This is a huge problem for me as well. While I don't have the greatest specs on my machine the game runs fine with around 30 FPS even in big fights. However people disappear and appear at random during big base fights. I will be in the middle of a tech plant near the double doors where there could be 20+ guys coming through the doors and I see 3. I get closer and they all appear and kill me instantly.

Also at the Crown I was an Inf trying to snipe and players randomly disappear even when I am close to them. I have seen this many times and It is my biggest problem with the game so far. I have high hopes for this game, but this cannot be working properly. I hope this is what they are currently working on right now.

I am getting a better machine as well but I was hoping that my rig now would at least be playable.

Specs:
    i7-940
    6 GB RAM
    GTX 295
  6. Zerolimitz

I'm still surprised we haven't heard from the developers on this topic its 9 pages and counting and still no word..
  7. Raichu

Thats wierd i see people very far away from me
  8. KlyptoK

So do the rest of us. It's only a problem where there is a large focus of people in one area surrounding you.
  9. MatthiasK

It's a nightmare, I know. But the dev team is on it, doing it along with the optimisation.

It's a big issue that everyone's aware of.
    You have programs which are executed in so called "threads" which are then preferably executed on different CPUs/CPU Cores (doesn't matter to Windows, it perceives 2 cores as 2 CPUs anyway). It doesn't matter if you execute your application on a 16-bit CPU or a 128-bit CPU, if it's got cores, they're utilisable.
    A 32 bit x86 application can only use up to 2 gigabytes of Random Access Memory (RAM), that's why there's 64 bit (x64) applications. They perform better because they can utilise a PCs RAM to it's fullest.
    That's better HW than what I have. But you're probably doing something wrong if you only get such low FPS. Are you playing on Miller?

Also, are you aware that I would be really glad if I had even such FPS?
    • Up x 1
  10. RadarX

The team continues to work on optimization and rendering improvements not to mention server enhancements. We appreciate everyone's patience while we work through a few more technical issues.
    • Up x 3
  11. RetroRayner

No this is right.

In Beta my pc ran the game, my pc runs the game fine now.

In Beta towards the last 1/3 of it in large battles I could not see enemies past 50m away neither could you, no one could.

It doesn't matter if you have a E7500 with a GTX 460 or an I5 3570K with a GTX 670, because the limitation on Infantry draw distance is server sided.

I can play with 60 fps on Ultra Settings in large battle now on my system, the game looks awesome, I can turn my settings down to the lowest possible in Large battles and get 100+ fps easily, but Infantry are still not visible past 50m
    • Up x 1
  12. RebelAngel

This!!!

I can scope up and sit and look at the same enemy .. and he will flicker IN and OUT of being rendered depending on the amount of people around ME. (yes this have been done, multiple times)

Been like this always - though it only happens when the density of people rises of course as mentioned above.
  13. RebelAngel

So your saying that there work being done to move rendering distance to the Client? And you guys are CLOSE to putting that fix in place?
    OR
    So your saying that there is work being done to have the rendering distance upped and CONSTANT from the server side, and that you guys are CLOSE to putting that fix in place?

Either of the 2 would be awsome - as long as close is actually.. you know... SOON! (very soon, not february 2013)
  14. RadarX

Being completely honest with you, I'm acknowledging this as an issue and letting you know you are being heard. As I'm not one of the programmers or engineers, this is well outside my discipline. What I can tell you is all those folks are hard at work improving the gameplay as much as possible. This includes rendering.
    • Up x 6
  15. RetroRayner

Feel free to send an email to the programmers or engineers suggesting they reduce vehicle draw distance which would assist infantry draw distnace, a really nice and easy fix.
  16. PlayerOneSVK

I am playing on WOODLAND eu server

Everything is on low on HD 1920x1080 i ll go upgrade it on 8 GB of ram
  17. MrBloodworth

I like how you think any other game allows for 2000 players per map, and that there is some sort of off the shelf simple fix for all this. I mean, after all, this never happens in Battlefield, and they have 64 players!
    • Up x 1
  18. absolofdoom

I really hope they do fix this, as I don't enjoy playing infiltrator anymore. I was gushing about how great sniping was in this game; I hope none of the people I told try the game out now because it'd make me look like an idiot. You can't see far enough to snipe properly anymore.
  19. PlayerOneSVK

Here is a video LOOK AT IT what i am meaning:

20. RetroRayner

I only enjoy sniping, I try to avoid the big fights now, it completey destroys any enjoyment.