Can i get a cert Refund for the foregrip/compensator...?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BrB Stove Exploded, Nov 27, 2012.

1. forddefect

To be-honest I'm questioning if it actually does anything on the warden, both the compensator and handle. Its hard to test though, as if you wait between shots for your aim to respond to recoil, you hit same place, but anything faster and the recoil creeps in.

This is something that can be at least explored reasonably, need to be repeated multiple times ideally by different people to at least minimise human aspect of it.

But certainly if a weapon has no to very little benefit from attachments you shouldn't be able to cert them. You can't even trial the weapons with attachments so you are buying blind and thats just poor for consumer and ultimately the business that do that.
  2. Dornez

Confirmed: compensator on the Gauss S does nothing, grouping is identical with or without while ADS
  3. FPSgamer

The NC lmg's are broken !!! I put all the attachments on all the NC lmg's and they don't hold a candle to the stock TR/VS LMG's.

Show me one NC lmg that can be so effective in all ranges, 0 recoil, point and spray like the godly TR HA t9 carv:
  4. Chriss

Let's paint a picture of what you are suggesting.

Sony developers, in a conference room discussing an item to be put into the game that doesn't work, rubbing their hands together laughing saying "soon we shall steal all of their certs muahahahahaha"

A 3d modeler/texture artists makes the and textures it.....a bearded developer cackles as he programs the cert stealing item that has no functionality into the game.

Does it sound a bit silly to you? Because it sounds that way to us.

Most likely it's a bug and will be fixed...is it the end of the world? No...

A personal bit of advice is not to immediately think the worst of someone or a company and accuse them of intentionally stealing from you in situations like this, you just wind up sounding paranoid.
    • Up x 3
  5. Yalk

No difference in T5 AMC with compensator

Was hoping it would take off the initial first shot jump that's hard to compensate for

Did nothing...burst fire, sustained etc...nothing

(If it did something it's so minor that it doesn't need to be 100 certs)
  6. Dovahkiin

What a ******, just because you fail to notice a difference, doesn't mean it isn't there.

So many ******* on this forum.
  7. Syber Cid

Can't comment for the Compensator, but I have noticed the effect of the forward grip. I hate firing from the hip and spend allot of timing aiming so noticing the difference was easy for me. With that said I will agree that Attachment prices do need to be brought down to the 30 - 50 range though.
    • Up x 1
  8. RedKing

yep i think the fact that there are forward grips for sniper rifles just shows how much attention the devs have put on this...

i would not buy anything with certs for quite a while untill i see some patches and fixes... and cert balance
    otherwise its a waste

i recommend u all to wait with buying stuff with certs :) or station cash for that matter
  9. DaninTexas

Got the foregrip on my TMG-50 and it made a world of difference in laying down fire with alot less travel. When I kneel I can now pretty much unload and it stays rock solid. Can't speak for semi-autos. But I can't say I can see a foregrip doing anything for a semi-auto. More for automatics and burst weapons. I have not gotten a compensator yet - so I can't speak on that. That will be my next unlock. But at least for the TMG-50 the foregrip made a world of difference.
  10. pugna

it sounds more like you're mad about your hard-earned 200 certs not giving some incredible edge over your opponent or put you in a whole new class above those not using the grip/compensator. that's not what they do. they don't give your weapon some new-found incredible control. maybe you'd be more accurate if you let your COF reset when firing down range so, you know, your shots land where they're supposed to? grip/comps aren't gonna do it for you.

weapons are only as effective as their operator. attachments aren't going to let you beat someone who is just better or someone who got the drop on you.
  11. Flavo

I fired groups at distant walls with the foregrip on and off and the groups with the foregrip were only ever so slightly tighter. It was a consistent but almost negligible effect. Still does more for me than a flashlight or laser sight, so I'm fine with it. It's a very subtle advantage.
  12. Dawnstrider

I always like it when people use 'kid' as an insult to belittle those who call ******** about something they've said, so pathetic :D

Anyway last I check doesn't the FG only effect FULL AUTO fire, as in, holding down the trigger. If I am remembering that correctly, then maybe the issue is the fact it doesn't work with semi auto weapons.
  13. Cavadus

I've got the forward grip and compensator on both my SABR-13 and AMR-66 and I've noticed virtually no difference in weapon handling when firing semi-auto.

What I found interesting is that when I use my SABR-13 I try to engage at ranges which preclude the use of the two-round burst so I'm always in semi-auto with the thing. However, I was doing some CQB in a biolab the other day and left the burst fire on and noticed that the recoil between the two shots was noticeably better than I had remembered from when I first picked it up and only had the scope.

So I went back to my warp gate and tested the SABR-13 on burst with and without the grip and attachment. The burst pattern was measurably tighter with both attachments.

I then just unloaded in semi-auto as fast as I could and again the recoil was tighter with the attachments.

So the lesson here? These attachments' effects can only really be noticed when firing quickly which is generally how not to successfully operate a battle rifle. BRs are all about hitting hard and marksmanship so the increased time between shots allows for your reticle to return to normal.

I tested all of this again on my HA's AMR-66 and sure enough the attachments really only came into effect when I was squeezing the trigger as fast as I could.

So it's not that these attachments don't work or anything, it's just that the way an operator would use a BR marginalizes the increase in performance they grant.

TLDR: Compensators and forward pistol grips have less effect on semi-auto rifles because of the reduced RoF.
  14. BurialDay

These don't do anything. I'll post a screenshot later. All you guys saying they make "a world of difference" are experiencing placebo effects/buyer's justification.
  15. CobraFive

Bought the fore grip for my LMG, I used it both on and off significantly. Switching back and forht throguhout fights, or standing in base and shooting the wall form different ranges.

There is literally no difference what so ever. None. At all. It doesn't do anything. Anyone saying they notice a difference is experiencing placebo effect.

I switched to the laser sight. I mostly fire ADS, but now I have the option to spray in close range if I really need to. A much, much more effective attachment.
    • Up x 1
  16. whiplash2002b

I bought a foregrip and compensator for one of the TR medic rifles. If either of them do anything, it's not much at all. I think one of them does nothing at all and the other maybe reduces vertical recoil by 5%.

A waste of 200 cert points.
  17. Shepherd

The foregrip and the Compensator were meant to reduce recoil when FIRING AUTOMATICALLY. You are using a semi-auto weapon and won't see much of a difference. The same with the poster who was using the SABR-13. It isn't an automatic weapon.

Throw those two attachments on ANY auto weapon and you will why they are easily worth the 100 points.
  18. Bullwinkle 01

So...what good is a "difference" you can't notice? Do you enjoy burning certs on items that give no noticeable difference? If so, give me 1000 certs and I'll give your character the all powerful super-widget attachment I just invented in the game.
  19. Shepherd

The effect of these attachments is in the neighborhood of 5%. Just because *you* don't notice it, doesn't mean it isn't there. The attachments aren't going to make you into a super he-man killing machine just for unlocking them, but they *DO* work.
  20. Gavyne

Forward grip makes a world of difference when using LMG's.