TR MAX Cycler Hit Detection Bug (video)

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Drakortha, Nov 25, 2012.

1. Drakortha

This is an issue I have been experiences a lot, and today I decided I wanted to capture it on video so I can finally report it and maybe have it fixed.

So usually how it goes is I enter a room as my MAX and end up going toe-to-toe with a single or multiple infantry. I unload everything I have directly into the target and there is no hit rego, no damage done. Yet they still do damage to me. Almost every time this happens I end up dying because of it or if I'm lucky, I reload my guns and suddenly the damage registers again. This happens literally in at least 30% of my encounters so I've learned to use my sprint ability and get the hell out of there when I realize it's ******* up again.

Sorry for the abrupt start in the video. As soon as I noticed the problem was happening again I hit record immediately. If you look up the top left of the screen in the chat window you will notice this same player already killed me once before. In that instance I was killed because of the same problem (all my rounds passed through him and I died). So I spawned and hurried back for round 2 and behold, the same problem again. But this time I was lucky to survive with just 1 bar of health remaining.

[media]
    • Up x 4
  2. Drakortha

3. asmodai

Almost as if the reload triggers something in the hit detection code so that it registers again.
  4. absolofdoom

Yeah I've had this happen too.
  5. Stalkz

I can confirm that this is bugged. Multiple times i will have this issue. These things should tear apart infantry at close range.
  6. Drakortha

This just happened to me AGAIN. I can't express how infuriated I am this time. I went in to clear the B objective as the room had a small squad of light infantry inside capping it. I waltz in as my MAX. Kill the first guy no problem then the second guy stands directly in front of me pumping his entire clip into me and I can not damage him at all. An entire 50 rounds from each cycler completely negated.

This is INFURIATING as now I have to wait another 7 minutes before I can spawn my MAX again. I guess I could just spawn as a heavy or an engineer or something but thats not fair as I've spent all my certs and station cash on my MAX (It's my main class). Not to mention I feel completely useless in these situations. This is happening multiple times in every of my sessions, it's not a rare or occasional bug. It's happening all the freaking time.
  7. rumblepit

lol been reporting this since beta, happens with the carv s,msw,tm 60, all of the crabines, mcg, mcg max, and im sure it happens with more of the tr weapons.
  8. Drakortha

Great, that just destroys my hope of this getting fixed.

I'm going to keep bumping this thread every day until it does.
  9. rumblepit

bump, ALL OF TR need to report all weapons that do this in game aswell.
  10. absynth

Agreed, Im having the same issue with the default HA gun and Medic carbine.
  11. Boris

I've had this happen a few times and play NC, first noticed it on the standard vehicle MG's but I'm sure it happens with infantry weapons too just you usually don't get chance to relaod to find out. Full mag deals no damage - reload and it works again.
  12. Gary

Can confirm this happening to me on occasions as well so frustrating unloading 120 rounds and not getting a single hit to register :(
  13. Gonso7913

14. Drakortha

This has been happening to me all day again. This NEEDS to get fixed asap. Shooting these guns is downright broken and since this is a FPS that is a pretty big deal.

Please at least confirm that you recognize the problem SoE!
  15. Drakortha

I can confirm that this was happening to the dual bursters today as well. Unloading full clips into Galaxies, ESF's, and liberators. No damage dealt at all yet I could see the rounds hitting the target. Their rocket barrages still damaged me just fine, which sucks because it got my squad killed. I was their only hope to fight off the air attack on our sunderer and this bug just made us sitting ducks. Reloading the bursters didn't fix the bug either.
  16. Foxiol

It happens with the VS MAX too. I thought it was normal at first but tons of bullets missing the target while you are right in front of the targets...hum...not so normal.

Yet enemies on the battlefield and unite for the bugs and glitches! lol
  17. Exigo

I have had similar issues with the NS-11A and seeing your video got me thinking to what i believed it was when it happened to me.

There are a number of possibilites to why this is happening. When it happened to me i was in the Bio Lab and it was late at night so server pop was low (Miller EU). I came into the Bio Lab from the adjacent base teleporter (The one with the tress and bushes out one door and the other towaards an adjacent building with a balcony. I spotted this nc on the corner of the balcony right above me from the last door towards the building anf i unloaded my NS-11A and the usuall feedback you get when you hit someone (the cross on the screen and the sound) didnt play for me.

I could see my bullets hitting his chest but no other feedback was given to me. I ran out of bullets, tried to run back into the shield to reload. Thats when i got the feedback, the NS-11A has a 35 round magazine and a decent ROF. The normal ratatatat feedback you get when you hit someone (the sound played back so you know your hitting) started playing and the cross on my screen started blinking. But the speed it was giving me feedback was that of a real life minigun. It was insanly fast.

Naturally i died behind my own shields, so that got me thinking possible lag. I didnt give it muh more thought as it where late and i pretty much logged of after the fight for the bio lab had ended. We where aprox 12v12 in that fight.

So what your getting might be lag, I dont know but the Devs should really look into it. Also the hit detection and hitboxes are garbage sometimes, i dont know what it is but something just doesnt feel right
  18. DrMcCleod

Good video, conclusive.
  19. Eric Smith

I've had it happen with TR HA Rockets and the TR HA's TMG-50. It's really annoying to die and find out the guy that killed you took 0 damage because of this bug. It's also really annoying to waste a HA rocket just so it'll bounce off a tank or Sundy. Usually seems to happen first shots out of the spawn, after a reload it fixes itself.
  20. Special_K

Great job capturing this on video :)

It certainly would explain some of those "W.T.F. I hit that guy with a full mag and he still has 100% shield/health" deathcams.