Wait for revive accept to receive XP?

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by Hatch108, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Hatch108

I noticed that if I don't wait for the person to revive, I don't get a notification of earning XP from it *sometimes. It's not ALL the time, but enough to make me question if there are glitches. Anyone have info on this?
    • Up x 1
  2. tonster

I don't think you get the points unless the person accepts your revive, which sort of makes sense since you could revive guys in horrible spots just for points otherwise. I know in the beta this is the way it worked.
  3. RobotNinja

You can revive them and then walk away. If they accept the revive, you'll get an XP pop-up. If they don't...you'll get BUPKIS!
  4. Pyros

If you revive someone who died to friendly fire you don't get xp most of the time, same for healing friendly fire dmg. Also might be bugs. I'd say 95% of the time I get xp for rezing though and yeah you can definitely walk away. You only get xp if they do accept the revive and if no one else revived them inbetween(in that case the other medic gets the xp and you get nothing).
  5. Leron

if the guy you ressed got friendly damage you wont get any xp 50% of the time
  6. FirstPersonWinner

It is most likely because of FF. Otherwise it may be that if another Medic also tries to revive the player, and the revive-ee accepts that persons revive and not yours, then that other medic gets the revive instead.
  7. thehaireola

8. vrcarnage

Na this is easy. If they die by ff you get no exp. If someone else revives them after you they get the exp. Once a medic revives a person the other medic should not even be able to target them until they either accept or decline. It's sort of like stealing exp from someone imo.

They need to fix the secondary revive stuff imo.