Voice chat not working

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Jack the Smack, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Jack the Smack

Voice chat was working perfectly fine in the beta. And now it doesn't work. I ran all the mic tests and heard myself fine, but none of the keybindings work. What's going on? Is it just me?
  2. paxundae

I'm having the exact same problem. I've tried restarting a few times, toggling voice chat on and off, and rebinding my PTT keys, but nothing works.

When I use the built-in tests, I can hear myself fine.

But in the real game, I can't hear anyone else, and they can't hear me.

Anyone have a solution to this?
    • Up x 1
  3. TrustedKiller

Good to hear that other people are having this issue as well. Same as above for me, mic works fine in the test, but the bindings aren't working, default or otherwise, not sure if it's blocking me from hearing others, however, I have not heard anyone talking yet.

I haven't been able to find a way to fix it yet. I hope someone comes up with a solution
  4. QFAN

Same problem. Happened in early or mid beta, screwed our outfit operation. So since then I had been playing solo. And on launch day I joined the outfit again. And again voice doesn't work.
  5. kerzain

Same issue as described in the second post.
  6. Obro

same here. voice chat is not working

i am getting a unknown error if u go to setting for voice
  7. paxundae

As a follow up, I should point out that, like Jack, voice chat was working fine for me in the beta. With the exact same headset, audio drivers, etc. Nothing has changed on my end.
  8. TrustedKiller

I remember seeing a Failed to join Channel or something similar in chat. My only guess is that the game is having an issue joining the various channels (proximity, squad, etc.), so we can't chat or hear anyone. Could be a server specific server. When I first made my character on one server, it worked fine, but now that I'm on another server, I haven't been able to voice chat or hear anyone.
  9. Kenda

Where is voice chat??? =_= it's working for me in beta too, but now it's not working at all.
    I am on AU server.
    The game lost a lot of it's color because of this. Please fix it
  10. Pronaxen

Voice is and has been broken since beta, they didn't care then and they don't care now.
    I am feel pretty sure that it's 110% in the game and not your systems, my Voip was fine until they released the server name change update since then i haven't been able to hear anyone speak on Voip, and it's not that i don't hear them talk its that the HUD doesn't even show that they do (this is what makes me believe its a problem on their side not ours).

And just for fun i have re-installed the game oh some 7 times 4 of which i cleaned the registry completely of all things associated with planet side 2. not to mention updating driver on my computer for pretty much everything..

So SoE ain't coming by the looks of it so all thats left is just to find a outfit that has a TS3 or vent server (my guess is every serious outfit, because they cant stand this ****** Voip ;) ) and play on...
  11. TrustedKiller

Looks like the server restart fixed it. Works for me anyways.
  12. Cimota

Last night I was getting Mic input not set as default input device,no idea how one is supposed to set it though, my Mic works fine in Skype.
  13. Cornholi0

Glad to see it wasn't just us last night! We never had a problem with the voice chat in beta and now we don't hear ANYONE!
    SOE should know this game is near worthless for players without voice chat, that's why we all used teamspeak back in the day for PS1...they really need to make this a top priority!
  14. Blazed

My voice chat has quit working. None of the key binds work or show any notification that im transmitting, also dont see anyone else transmitting. Drivers are good, works fine in windows and every other program I use a mic for. Really annoying too, I pretty much wont play without working voice comms. Have the devs shown any initiative at fixing this?
  15. JimDiGritz

Voice hasn't worked for me since launch, it worked 95% well during Beta.
    • Up x 1
  16. Xandruil

BUMP,

same issue . nothing working
  17. Rubikon7

Many members of our outfit have been having this issue since launch. It worked fine in beta but now only works once in a while.
  18. LordAelfryc

It only partially works for me. What was clear and easy to use in Beta is now more frustrating than anything else. It has constant hiccups and makes most people unintelligible.
  19. Veratu SOE

20. johnflenaly

I've gone from times were its completely 100% clear to times when its choppy. I thought initially it was due to server load, but it seems to go in and out randomly regardless of the time of day.