So when are you addig anti-air to game?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by irewolf, Nov 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SilentWindOfDoom

Edit your post if you're serious about the issue, if you please.
  2. Jenks

Good thing your Hawk has instant reload. Also good thing that no one you're shooting at has flares.

What a fantastic piece of fiction.
    • Up x 1
  3. saltin

AA is there to teach player a valuable lesson and that that there are skills and weapon system in PS2 that are absolutely a joke and a complete waist of hard earned points.When a player buy these cert they cant help but feel they have been ripped off.

Now if we follow the OP suggestion and make AA less pathetic we would loose a valuable tool ,how else will we teach new players to pay attention to what they are buying?
  4. SilentWindOfDoom

But it should be easy to kill ground units from the air? Please don't try and influence the devs, that's terrible balance.
    • Up x 1
  5. Fligsnurt

On day one it took 3 dual burster maxes and an AA turret 20 seconds to kill two scythes and injure a third one while they were flying slow enough to continously fire on a GAL all at a range of 100m to 150m from the centralized AA. Not saying they can all aim well but at that range and the speed they were going if the statement is true then they should of been long dead before the last one got out of range. But Im not calling buff / nerf anything. All I want is more incentive for players to fulfill the AA role even if they only drive away enemy air assets. No one does it because they can't get points. In most peoples eyes its prbly better to just hide from enemy air till theirs shows up and drives them off the whole while killing stuff and getting points for it.
  6. Lord Byte

What most people seem to be ignoring, on both sides, is that AIR is called AIR SUPPORT, not AIR MAIN BATTLE TANK.
    Anti-Air SHOULD clear the air of fighters, it's its job, and AIR should not be in an area with AA cover. It should be roaming around the AA bubble, for the supply lines, for stragglers and for areas not properly protected, around the AA cover, and hunt those. Not be right at the front, if it is, it should have a high chance to get shot down, so only the most skilled can have any chance of doing what they need to do and get out.
    I played a lot of air in beta pre-nerf and even then it wasn't hard to rack up kills, if you played smart and kept away from the zerg. And if you were good, or well organised, you could even take on a Zerg by surgically removing AA, me and a couple of friends did it many times, and afterwards we could take large chunks out of the entire zerg. The only risk was the sunderer with AA Maxes.
    • Up x 3
  7. HumsterMKX

2 types of Air I went up against as HA.

Type 1: Fly straight into a danger zone fill with players and went all rockets and guns brazing. Left with 4-6 rockets after its rear. And pop comes the exp screen.

Type 2: Fly far away from everything and hit me at the rear. Then flew off without any kills, and no rockets up its rear. Made a turn back and pick up the pieces.

Whose the 1337 player here?
  8. FoolishFoolish

Whelp clearly your using hyperbole to try and make AA seem fine and clearly you DON'T use Bursters maxes in no world does 1 arm bursters tear ESF's to half armor in half a second hell 2 armed bursters don't tear ESF's to half heath in half a second atm ESF are ridiculously able to ignore AA flak to the point it's not Anti-Air weapons their simply Annoy-Air weapon. If it was a effective as you exaggerate do you think there would be so much Air and so few AA?

Which is why your not seeing them champ its not people can't buy them I mean look at all the BR 25+ who have been farming with A2G rockets since Day 1 if AA wasn't nerfed into the ground there would have been Day 1 AA's dedicating their money and time to it but since their junk people don't bother.

Next you'll probably use the old pilot argument of "You need teamwork to kill a plane, Now back I go to my 1 man vehicle to farm kills with"
    • Up x 4
  9. Vicis

People ignore many things in favour of getting killed less.

We live in an age where someone getting owned in a video game no longer amounts to a lack of skill on their behalf but a fault in the games programming.
  10. Sturmhardt

I stopped reading right there because it's just not true. I have a dual burster max and I use it a lot and Im pretty decent with it. I think I maybe killed 1 or 2 aircraft myself with that thing in 3 days (!!!). I can only tickle them, while they can rocket-pod all infantry in one flyby and fly away with 75% health if they are decent pilots. Only if my whole squad uses AA (MAXes + HA) we can get fighters to leave the area. Of course we should not be able to kill everything on sight, but a whole AA squad should be able to scare the **** out of air vehicles. I think the balance is NEARLY right, but a small AA buff is necessary to make it good. A few percent should suffice.
    • Up x 1
  11. Lord Robert

Also, no mention of G2A rockets having poor range, (I can see it, but I can't lock on to it? Really? Future weapons are so cool!) poor projectile speed, a very long lock on time, and very poor damage.
    But the lock on warning still scares some of them away, until they realize there is nothing to fear if you afterburn or just fly low...
  12. Niclamus

I feel like there's some low skilled players complaining here.

I've used an AA MAX once, with one buster arm, and shot down more aircraft than I can count. If you aim, you get massive kills. Air vehicles are very weak vs all AA right now. They're super easy to shoot down since the flares are on such long cooldowns. Even just a solo MAX suit can shoot down a aircraft before it can unload enough to kill the MAX.

If you are having issues with killing air vehicles, the problem is the user controling the weapon - not the weapon. The weapon is already insanely effective.
  13. schwarzklang

The problem is that people wont pick AA. 80% of the time i am the only burster max out there.
  14. Niclamus

Just as a disclaimer, I don't mean Galaxies in the list of easy aircraft to shoot down. Those things, by design, can take a beating. Although 2 MAX suits can take one down before it lands if they're aiming well.
  15. TeknoBug

I went through some of the videos I've been recording and I managed to down a Mossie by myself with dual burster MAX because he was at ~25% health. Yeah it's fine. :rolleyes:
  16. Kediec

Now i know your talking out of your a55 . Flares have jack all to do with Flak weapons .

The only reason you would have shot down any aircraft with 1 arm , is if you get the killing blow from someone else ( quite probably another aircraft ) doing all the damage . You certainly are not killing a full life ESF with 1 arm , unless the pilot is afk and just sat there while you reload 3 times .

I have dual AA bursters on all empires and a Skygaurd . AA as it is now is too weak against ESF and needs looking at .
    Libs and Gals appear to be in the right place at the moment .
    • Up x 1
  17. Corruptlol

the current amount of air on miller bore me to tears..
  18. Niclamus

Your system specs are fine, which means this is a PEBKAC issue. FYI you need to hit the aircraft to do damage. Hitting 1 in 10 shots isnt good enough.

You're right, some of the many aircraft shot down with that 1 arm probably had damage on them already. And it seems like it did take 1 reload to solo kill one of them one time. But it would never take 3 as long as you're actually aiming well.
  19. Soylad

They over nerfed the AA and now that's why the skies are full of aircraft across all factions. As a pilot, my only concern is other aircraft that are more upgraded than mine. Hopefully they'll fix their mistake sooner rather than later.
    • Up x 2
  20. Niclamus

The point is you cannot balance things based around your worst players because then those of us who are actually good at the game will destroy everyone. If I can shoot down aircraft already with 1 arm no problem, I'm going to decimate the enemy's air with a buffed weapon. I'm not a rare player in this regard either - there are plenty of people like me out there. Most of us just don't bother to come to the forums as we have nothing to complain about. Heck, I'm only here now because I came to share some media and got distracted by other threads.

If you buff AA the next day we'll have a ton of "NERF AA AIR USELESS" threads because I'll switch to AA like many other good players will and there will no longer be an aircraft in the sky. As it stands right now killing a plane takes much less effort than killing a tank, why are we not asking for buffs to Anti-tank missiles?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.