What should the values in useroptions.ini be for best quality?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Seabottom, Nov 24, 2012.

1. Seabottom

I'm asking because I get average 50-60 FPS anywhere even during big fights and I have lots of headroom to spare.
    In-game settings are already set as high as possible but can I get better graphics by editing any of these option?

GraphicsQuality=3
    TextureQuality=1
    ShadowQuality=3
    RenderDistance=3000
    Gamma=0.000000
    MaximumFPS=1000
    UseLod0a=0
    OverallQuality=-1
    LightingQuality=2
    EffectsQuality=3
    TerrainQuality=3
    FloraQuality=3
    ModelQuality=3
    VerticalFOV=74
    ParticleLOD=2
    ParticleDistanceScale=0.650000
    FogShadowsEnable=1
    MotionBlur=1
    VSync=0
    AO=1
  2. Seabottom

So no one have fiddled around with, or know for a fact which settings should have what values for maximum graphic settings?

I realize most people are looking for ways to increase performance, but mine is so good that I want to optimize the graphics instead.
  3. Xuerian

TextureQuality=0, GraphicsQuality=4
  4. BR4DDERS

LightingQuality=2 should be set to LightingQuality=3 for High.

The UI is bugged, when you set lighting to Low it sets it LightingQuality=1 in the UserOptions.ini. If you set it to Medium it sets it to LightingQuality=3 and if you set it to High it sets it to LightingQuality=2.

Just change LightingQuality=2 to LightingQuality=3, it will say Medium in the UI but just ignore it.
  5. Seabottom

Ok great, I'll try these settings.
  6. NinjaPirate

The highest settings (Ultra) are indeed locked in-game, if you want to enable them from the UserOptions.ini then these are the highest values possible to my knowledge:

OverallQuality=-1
    GraphicsQuality=4
    TextureQuality=0
    ShadowQuality=4
    LightingQuality=4
    FogShadowsEnable=1
    EffectsQuality=4
    TerrainQuality=4
    FloraQuality=4
    ModelQuality=4
    ParticleLOD=4
    MotionBlur=1
    AO=1

Also using SweetFX on top of that to sharpen the image a little and improve contrast makes for some amazing graphics.
  7. Seabottom

Whoa, those settings totally destroyed my gaming experience. No wonder they're not active in the game. 40 FPS and 35 when aiming not to mention the occasional lag with explosions. I guess this game still needs a lot of optimizing.

.... At least my graphic cards are being used 100% - all 3 :)

SweetFX made the game so much darker and certainly didn't enhance the visuals. I'll just remove it again.
  8. freehotdawgz

40fps and 35 when aiming? Something is wrong with your computer or planetside 2 doesn't like sli at all, because I'm using one gtx670 and have all the .ini settings max with better frames than that unless it's a giant battle. Or are you using some crazy resolution over 1080p or something?
  9. Seabottom

I have never seen a render distance this bad. Using the instant action "Deploy" button on the map is fine, but when objects only appear 100 meters away while falling down the air, I get a major headache just thinking about where I could be landing.
    I have set the render distance to 1000. Changing it to 3000 didn't help. Really, there has got to be some option with the REAL render distance settings.
  10. Seabottom

Yeah that sounds legimate. There was practically no battle. 2 infantry men in the open and a tank shooting at me was the only thing that was going on for miles.
    I'll bet the issue is SLI too.
  11. freehotdawgz

Are you running it on a 3 monitor setup at 5200x1050? That's probably the performance killer right there haha. Your computer is a beast, it should eat this game for breakfast.
  12. Andrew-Anderson

USE AT OWN RISK:
    Code:
    To use these, locate the UserOptions.ini file in your PlanetSide 2 folder. (If you downloaded it through Steam, for example, it will be found in C:/Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\PlanetSide 2). Open the file in Notepad, and replace the entire [Rendering] section with this.

[Rendering]
    VSync=1
    OverallQuality=-1
    GraphicsQuality=4
    TextureQuality=0
    ShadowQuality=4
    LightingQuality=4
    FogShadowsEnable=1
    EffectsQuality=4
    TerrainQuality=4
    FloraQuality=4
    ModelQuality=4
    ParticleLOD=4
    MotionBlur=1
    AO=1
    RenderDistance=-1.000000
    Gamma=0.490000
    MaximumFPS=250
    GpuPhysics=1

Congratulations! You now have Ultra High graphics.

found by google.com
  13. Seabottom

Yup, 5200x1050 is my resolution. I get max 50°C on all the cards and that's with a room temp of ~ 30°C

Of course! Google.... I just thought that this was where all the PS2 techies were. I never thought of googling the answer.
    I'll try these settings tomorrow and see what'll happen. I'll probably get even worse framerates...
  14. BR4DDERS

I dont think ParticleLOD=4 is right. ParticleLOD=0 is Low and ParticleLOD=2 is High, that would make ParticleLOD=3 Ultra.
  15. NinjaPirate

It all depends on the settings you use with SweetFX, it wont necessarily make it darker, personally i just use it for Lumasharpen at 2.0 and the default 0.15 Vibrance and Curves turned on, everything else is Off, Makes the game much sharper and clearer, nothing but improvement in my eyes, but everyone has a different taste.

Not all settings follow the Low-Med-High-Ultra rules, These settings were discovered during beta and I'm pretty sure people went over them thoroughly before writing them down, but yeah, i play with those sometimes and they work just fine.
  16. BR4DDERS

I was in the beta and the only the difference between ultra and high was the high res textures, fog shadows and motion blur.

Set "OverallQuality" to 4 (ultra preset) and the ultra textures get enabled as well as motion blur and fog volumes, everything else gets set to high. All they did was remove the ultra preset from the UI. If setting all the settings to 4 meant they were ultra, why doesn't "OverallQuality=4" set them to 4? Why would they let "OverallQuality=4" still control the overall preset but limit the other settings to 3? They could of just disabled the the ultra preset completely, but it was easier to remove it from the UI.

I could be wrong though, i have not spent time testing the diffence.
  17. Skizerz

made it DARKER? you had to have done something wrong... it makes the colors a lot more bright and vivid.
  18. Seabottom

Are there some settings in an ini file I should adjust beforehand? Like NinjaPirate posted?
  19. Alexlightning7

Wont sweetFX get you banned? It edits the same files as ENBs which are sometimes picked up as cheats because they edit the same files as some cheats.

I personally wouldn't risk it until it has been thouroghly tested for more then a few days.
  20. Freyar

It's not officially supported, and it can potentially trigger a ban if detection criteria shifts (which supposedly does.)