Minimum specs are not accurate

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Anguloke, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Anguloke

I'm above the minimum specs but not a top end machine and this game is unplayable. I can't imagine someone on a minimum spec machine.

Minimum specs should not be the bare minimum to login but not actually do anything.

When you are above minimum you expect to be able to play the game, not be wasting your time. If this wasn't free to play this would be a much bigger issue.
  2. remdog29

minimum specs arnt accurate mainly because of all the issues surrounding cpu usage. i dont think sony really thought about how many problems would arise from using an engine that can only take advantage of 1 cpu core. the lack of any sort of multicore rendering means everyones machines are running no more than around 20 to 30 percent of their cpu. so even if you have a slower machine, the difference wont be that great from a high end machine, because the high end machine isnt really using much of its beastlyness anyway
  3. MykeMichail

'Minimum specs' in the gaming world has always been "The minimum system required to start and run the game."

They give no gaurantee of performance.

Recommended specs are whats needed to run the game playably.
  4. ClusterBomb

There you are very, very wrong.
    Minimum Requirements are what you need for the game to be playable. I have never had any problems with my Lower End PC at playing games. Every game runs great, even Assassins Creed 3, Hitman Absolution, Max Payne 3, Crysis 2.

In the Real World, it is called False Advertising.
    and if ya need to know one other thing, this game is not gonna go anywhere. They say they fix this, then it gets worst. By the time they fix this game, everyone is gonna be bored of it, or just too angry with the game they will stop playing it and forget it ever existed.

I get a bit of hope for the game when SoE say they are fixing this or have fixed this, then I play and find MORE problems.

SoE have stuffed up BIG time with this game. Will love to see how Everquest 3 goes with the new engine.
  5. silverme

in terms of 'low' 'normal' and 'high' video settings
    shouldn't min specs be only enough to play on 'low', and if you want to play on 'normal' you need recommended specs?
    • Up x 1