Vanu Sovereignty factions best Sniper.

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Puukainais, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Puukainais

What on your thoughts or, by the testing of yours you think is the best sniper for Infiltrator?

My vote goes for V10
  2. MartianDiscoFish

My favorite is the Ghost,
    Iron sights + bolt action = awesome!
  3. Vepo

The best VS sniper is a dead one \o/
    • Up x 8
  4. Warhawke

5. Kommon

My vote goes to the XM98. Seeing as how it's the cheapest to buy with certs, and it probably performs very closely like the other bolt action rifles (with the exception of the scopes available for the Ghost), every sniper should have it.

I used the trial function to test the Ghost before I bought the XM98. I liked the fact that it allowed for different scopes, but other than that it seemed the same as the XM98. It seems silly to me to spend an additional 500 certs just so I can use medium range scopes on a bolt action rifle, but I will probably buy it later for indoor fights or something.
    • Up x 1
  6. Prideful

1.) V10
    2.) XM98
    3.) Ghost
    4.) Artemis
    5.) all others
    • Up x 1
  7. water fowl

I love my V10. Very usable, easy to line up shots. I remember using the XM98 in beta, and not being able to hit moving targets because of the boolet speed. Just wish it had ammo certs.
  8. Zardoc

V10, all day erry day.
    • Up x 2
  9. Afifa

V10 only with 12x scope.
  10. deusex2

WOW! Somebody who actually likes Ghost...You're probably the only one, man.

For those who don't know, Ghost is VS's Bolt Driver with iron sights. Useless at long range and requires insane amount of skill to be useful at mid-range.
  11. Timeraider

12. pnkdth

Depending on what I do;
    Sniping; V10.
    Medium range; VA39 Spectre.
    Close range fighting; Artemis.

Mostly though I use the VA39 Spectre with grip and the default scope. Reliable and versitile.

Ghost is an interesting rifle but I every time I've used it I've missed having my trusty V10 or XM98, or when close I wish I'd brought the Artemis.
  13. Lazaruz

Vanu Sovereignty's best sniper? Me of course! :eek:

All jokes aside, I like my Alpha Squad V10, complimented with a 10x scope. Never tried the Ghost, might unlock it with certs, it was 100 points, right?
  14. deusex2

Better buy a flashlight to your V10 or a lasersight for Beamer, both imo worth much more than Ghost.
  15. BigMcLargeHuge

Long and short of it is this. Scout rifles haven't been really tested they were just sort of chucked in as an oh-crap-we-took-shotguns-away we better give them something. So I expect balance changes.

------------------------------That said here is my experience with the guns on live---------------------------

Artemis
    The biggest problem I'd say with the Artemis is it makes you stick out like a sore thumb. It's very easy to zero in on the sound as well as the visual. Worst part is the silencer actually makes the gun louder. I think it's a place holder? Which kind of kills the whole stealthy part of the weapon.
    At medium range the default loadout is kind of meh. The ammo is very limited with only 20 bullets in the chamber. At very close range you might, might have a reason to use this over our manticore handgun which is amazing at close range (zero kickback, lands headshots like a champ, fires from the hip perfectly).
    After they get the sound guys to do some changes make it so the silencer doesn't alert the entire base you're trying to shoot someone in the back I'd probably use this sometime.

What the lesson here? Constant loud noises are very easy to zero in on. The constant noise part probably being even more important then the loud part.

Nyx
    Medium range I've fiddled with the Nyx I'm trying to convince myself that this is potentially a great gun for rapid semi-auto fire mid range shots. After I get a compensator and a forward grip on it I'll get back to you. As for close range not that great, but maybe a lazer sight will make it bare-able but it has no cross hair for firing from the hip. I'm not even joking here. It has a lazer sight you can buy for firing from the hip but it has no crosshairs when it's in hip fire position! Are we suppose to put a piece of tape on our monitor? This kind of showcases just how half-done this content is. These are pretty much place holders.

All that said are you ever going to be able to do anything against a heavy close range? Not when on equal footing even if you're shooting them in the head and they're shooting at your feet. As for sneaking up on them.. Honestly I'd recommend you skip the scout rifle and just buy a manticore for the close range. Shotguns when we had them let you shoot a heavy down at close range. It's obvious that pissed off the community so don't expect to ever see us getting a close range weapon that can do that again.

I'm honestly not even sure what the scout rifles are suppose to be? They seem confused. You're sacrificing your range for something that is basically on the same footing as the handgun. So why?
  16. Grotpar

The Nyx does have a crosshair, and it performs really well in close range. It's not ridiculous like the semi-auto sniper rifle "shotgun" of doom, or an actual shotgun, but if you use that cloak, it works pretty well.

When I slapped on a 6x scope, the weapon just suddenly started feeling much better, and I'm doing pretty good with it.
    It's kind of ****** at short range(rifles will destroy you), but does really well at point blank and medium range.

I'm not even using any attachments other than the scope.

As for the sniper rifles, I can't imagine anything beating the high velocity rifles.
    With the reduced drop, and faster bullet, how can anything hope to compete with it?
    I really don't like that this weapon exists, regular velocity sniper rifles were just fine, but with the high velocity sniper rifles, you're making it unnecessarily easy to get headshots.
  17. Atreyu1989

what's so good about the V10 in comparison with other rifles?
  18. pnkdth

It is the VS version of the NC LA80. People like the high velocity ammo.
  19. Ashur

V10 is great but expensive as ****. Just use the standard 100 cert bolt variant, it does the job perfectly fine.
  20. attean

V10!! is best!!!