PlanetSide 2 has stopped working crashes every 10-20 minutes

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Zergling, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Sl0th

yeah i started getting this since the last 60mb patch last night.. im using 7 64bit. previous to that it never crashed once now i can only play for 5-10mins the freezes and planside2.exe has stopped working.

have 8GB ram, HD 6990
  2. trooper909

Only thing annoying me atm is they keep putting it down to our computers when we have already played flawlessly before so its clearly something they changed.
    • Up x 1
  3. BigJethro

I solved the problem. Just redownloaded game, next time from steam. All works.
  4. Moldybread

Yup, same here, it is really frustrating. The BCDedit fix is of no use, I feel something to do with distant textures and large amounts of action overloads the users ram, as if it's trying to write far to much data to the ram at a certain point in time, and it's always about 15-30 minutes in to playing when It's starting to get good =\
  5. Moldybread

Currently trying what BigJethro suggested, i'll post results
  6. IdleJuice

Yeh I get this error every 20 mins roughly. I re downloaded the game and thought it was working fine, but then it started again. Pretty upset becuase I love the game and have a pretty good system right now, and connection. Tried everything offered so far. Was thinking of getting membership and joining a clan but wont be until these error are fixed for sure.
  7. Moldybread

God damnit, using steam did nothing, I thought it was working, if anything I played it for an amazing 37 minutes, then it started again... please fix this sony.... I really enjoy this game. I'm with IdleJuice on this one.

It's so annoying, just when the game starts getting good, BOOM, fries..
  8. Rembrandt

I have the same problem.. its rely no fun when you get kickt out of the game when you assault somthing.. I relly like to support the game but right now i dont wana spend money beurse im unabel to enjoy the game..
  9. FINWombat

I'm experiencing the same problem so far, except, when the game hub starts to launch the game, it immediately after a few seconds gives the "Planetside2.exe has stopped working". I'm using Win 7 64 Bit with more than compliant hardware.
  10. Andorion

Same issue here, Windows 7 32 bit nvidia Quadro 1000M. After about 10-30 minutes it crashes, sometimes when there's a lot going on on-screen, sometimes when there's very little. Gonna stop playing until I know this is fixed, it's very frustrating.
  11. Ix Forres

Same issue here, Win7 64 bit, nVidia 560 Ti, 16 gigs of RAM. Crashes randomly every 3-5 minutes. Beta was smooth as silk and never crashed.

Kinda thinking the point of a beta is to test what you publish, not to preview a different build and push out untested code...
    • Up x 1
  12. Sepiniath

I also have this problem. Seems to happen when deploying more often than not.
  13. SuperRofltank

I have the same problem. I run the game fine at around 30 FPS but then about into 20-30 or sometimes 35 minutes, the game randomly crashes.
  14. thamstras

Same symptoms here. 32 bit stripped down Win 7 (ie closing EVERYTHING) 4 Gb ram, GeForce GTX 650. Blaming this on the RAM is silly. If it was that it would crash on loading into the world, not after 20 minutes.
  15. thamstras

I have proof its not the ram:
    [IMG]
    If it was caused by the ram there would be a spike to 100 % at or before the crash. and there isn't. There's still ~650Mb ram free when the game crashes.
    • Up x 1
  16. WeEdNL

Everyone playing with an AMD videocard, try this, uninstall nvidia physx, play the game, see if it helps, I always play this game without physx installed and dont crash as much as it normally does with physx installed.
  17. have2laugh

Same here. I've posted about it multiple times. I cant even get 3 minutes of play before a full system restart. Specs below, but if you're trying to tell us all that it's our systems at fault because they are too low spec Bil-G, I'd love to know what the players who are playing successfully are running that's better than my own system.

As a poster earlier said, half of us were playing fine in beta only a few days ago, so the systems are clearly not the issue here. Can someone just please go away and get us a sensible answer?
  18. Meta Haze

I already found the fix for 32 bit OSes -> http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...ash-to-desktop-outofmemory-please-read.48828/

If you have Windows 8, There is a problem with the USB part of the system...I'm not sure what, but just read about it on these forums somewhere, I think theres a fix.

64 bit OSes, I would have no clue what causes it, besides maybe Firewall or Antivirus...maybe no admin rights or corrupted files.
  19. Moldybread

Unfortunately the BCDedit trick didn't work for me, I did notice just once thing though, from switching to steam, for some reason it only crashes once every 55 minutes now, almost like clockwork... hmm.. I guess it's slightly more playable now?

Well, hopefully enough of these issues arise from all the users and Sony gets on the fix, In the back of my mind I don't blame them for having issues since this game IS free to play, so untill then, I'll be patient, I'm just upset cause I love this game!
  20. Meta Haze

It may not work for everyone, but it does work for most, as it did me.
    • Up x 2