So when are you addig anti-air to game?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by irewolf, Nov 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. irewolf

Simply put, air-craft are super effective vs everything in the game. EVERYTHING!

They have the best manoeuvrability/escape, most fire power and yet have no hard counter. Aircraft can currently go as deep as the like into enemy territory without a care in the world and farm kills while doing it.

At the moment this is the most broken balance issue in the game.

Either nerf aircraft or boost anti-air.

Now, to be really honest, I might reply to anyone intelligent that wants to make a comment here. However, the responses of "Pull aircraft noob" will be ignored for it's colossal ignorance. That like saying there is an 1 shot kill infinate range, 100% accuracy gun in the game, how do we balance this? "Buy the same gun noob"

To people claiming AA should only scare away aircraft, you are stupid beyond comprehension! If that is the case then the guns on air craft should only force sundies/infantry to run for cover and not actually kill them.

If you agree, either AA needs a big buff or aircraft needs a nerf (not both tbh, one or the other) leave a comment. If you disagree, I only ask that you engage your brain for 5 seconds before replying and actually make an intelligent point and not just idiotic spam.

P.S. Aircraft/anti-air in PS1 was pretty balanced. Maybe look as PS1 as an example of how to do it right rather than the ridiculous mess it is in PS2
    • Up x 11
  2. Bags

In the other AA thread someone said bursters are good at AA. But I've yet to see one person using a burster max so I'm skeptical.

Skyguards, wall turrets, and HA AA seem to do nothing. I only see aircraft killing aircraft.
    • Up x 3
  3. Taskforce

DING DING DING, this might be the objective of what the games designed for. Air power actually being a factor and not something just farmed as soon as its spawned.

Now factions have to have air to counter air, it makes the battles WAAAYY Better.
    • Up x 11
  4. Vreki

The HA GtA launcher is quite decent, I did ok with it yesterday.
    But its not really a solo weapon, you need to be a few people so you can finish the aircrafts before they bugger off.

And everything will change when flares start to become common.
  5. Kristan

Dual Burster MAX. People just haven't certed them yet.
    • Up x 7
  6. manmad

the max with anti-air is not that bad?

And team up with some friends ;) thats the game made for. Those airplanes will fall like flies
    • Up x 1
  7. FreelancePanic

Personally, I'd rather see the ESFs having reduced anti-ground abilities to see Libs do a lot more bombing instead. That way air control is still meaningful and ESF pilots can do what they like to do: dogfight and keep the skies clear from Lib bombing runs.

One ESF shouldn't be able to devastate ground forces with their rockets.
    • Up x 6
  8. Bags

I don't understand how you can possibly think that air being the only counter to air is in anyway balanced? Why do I have to play the air game to counter air? Why don't they have to play the ground game to counter ground? I wouldn't give a damn if they couldn't destroy EVERYTHING on the ground and were confined to just dog fighting, but right now air is the best thing in the game bar none and this is terrible design (unless you like air, then it's great design!).
    • Up x 2
  9. Vreki

And ground to counter ground, right? This argument is silly as long as the fighters are not pure air superiority fighters.
    • Up x 1
  10. Bags

"Solo guy in aircraft requires coordinated effort to take down"
    • Up x 1
  11. Taskforce

I've been blown away in seconds against AA maxes. I have composite armor 2 certed as well and it was a breeze. No complaints though, I deserved the death flying over an area I knew was to risky.
  12. Maderas

I'm skeptical that it's the developers' intent that aircraft should only be countered by other aircraft. If it is, ESFs should have their rocket pods taken away.

To OP, burster MAX units are still the most effective AA. G2A missiles are alright for chasing them away for the moment, but they'll become useless later on when more people get low cooldown flares.
    • Up x 1
  13. MGP

I don't know... I've farmed quite a lot of XP with stationary AA turret at NC biolab on Indar (whatever it's called).
  14. Fugly

2 dual-buster maxes can down any aircraft before they can escape
  15. Bags

I'm going to pay some smedbux for a burster tomorrow it seems.
  16. schisch

anti air rocket for the heavy assault is so useless, not even funny
    i tried the AA rocketlauncher and its useless, does 0 damage, needs 5+ rockets to kill a mossie WTF
    • Up x 1
  17. Bags

Actually while it's rare to hit a halfway decent mossie they go down in about 2 rockets.
  18. irewolf

Ok fine then. If this is the way it is going to be make all aircraft weapons effective against EITHER aircraft OR ground troops, not, both.

Otherwise, you have what you have now and that is one unit (aircraft) that is SUPER effective versus everything in the game and yet doesn't have to fear being killed unless is runs into to it's mirror. As I said in my post engage your BRAIN for 5 seconds!!!

Copied and pasted from OP for those who can't read.

That is like saying there is an 1 shot kill infinate range, 100% accuracy gun in the game, how do we balance this? "Buy the same gun ****"
    • Up x 2
  19. AngryFire

Oh god not this again.

IMO

Air is fine....

Ground is fine....

Get a couple of guys with G2A Rockets (Hawks on NC), a couple of duel burster maxs and you will clear the skies... Just like a group of heavies with rockets can clear the ground of armor with ease.

Air should be a bit harder to take out. Thats just the way it is.
    • Up x 5
  20. Gavyne

I've shot down crafts with a tank.. Ok I did, but I'm kidding because I know tanks aren't supposed to be good at shooting down planes. But I happen to enjoy watching 6-8 planes in the air doing dog fights. I was running along tonight by myself and looked up, there were at least 6 jets circling around going after each other. It was a cool sight really.

What would be imbalanced and not fun is to make flying nearly impossible, then we stop seeing planes and that'd be dull. I don't know I don't see this an important issue to address in the immediate future. Sure maybe they can add something later for anti-air, but right now it's quite fun watching the planes duking it out. With occasional planes that get shot down by tanks, turrets, or rockets because they were too busy evading the other planes and not paying attention for the sneaky ground forces.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.