LaunchPad was unable to connect.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by stabbystabby, Nov 20, 2012.

1. T0ez

That is really interesting. Which means it is more than likely a hardware related issue (perhaps combined with a networking issue since so many NZers are affected (I know other are too, but nowhere near as many non-NZers))

What about using your account on their working copy, Does that work?
  2. Alpha268

Hey,

I got the same 1-0 Problem, but I solved it pretty easy:

With Win7 you have to go to the Internet Options -> Connections -> LAN-Settings. There I disabled the Checkbox for "Use Proxy for ...". The Launcher recalibrated at the start, and then I was able to log in.

Hope that helps, guys!

See you on the battlefield
    • Up x 1
  3. Hekyl

Frostings please could you expand on how to use a (what is?) tunnel? Computer illiterate. Cheers.
  4. T0ez

I doubt the most of the people in this thread will be using a proxy, unfortunately :(
  5. Hekyl

Mine was already unchecked. :(
    • Up x 1
  6. Madspaz

Use www.tunnelbear.com for tunneling for free. it should explain on that site. At work so my help is limited sorry.
    • Up x 1
  7. Frostings

What madspaz said, Tunnelbear is free and was completely hassle free.
    Extremely simple to use. A++.
  8. T0ez

Wow, Tunnelbear definitely did the trick. Good find.
  9. Krafty Kiwi

Ok guys MADSPAZ definitely found the trick. I just downloaded Tunnel Bear followed the procedures and was able to connect to the server. EVERYONE thank MADSPAZ then download Tunnel Bear.
  10. Cthulhu_Awakens

Thanks Madspaz, your Tunnelbear link work very well. How long does 500MB last for this game?

Edit: Nevermind, once you've downloaded the 40MB of files to make the LaunchPad work, it works withoutTunnelbear.
  11. Blabagas

Wow this worked great! And better yet, after the installer had updated properly I turned off tunnelbear and it still conects fine after restarting the launcher! So you only need to use it once, seems like we just needed some files
  12. Madspaz

• Up x 1
  13. Cthulhu_Awakens

Yep, I can confirm this.
  14. T0ez

It won't last long. But you don't need to run TunnelBear while playing. I don't even need to use it any more, it was only the first time to log into the launcher. After that I closed it and now it all works...

Up to the launcher, now to go hunt my missing strings (can't even see server names), and crashes. Yay :)
    • Up x 1
  15. LiLSighKoh

When i try making an account on tunnelbear it tells me it cant connect to their servers >.>
  16. Rong

Launcher works finally with TunnelBear is turned on!
  17. LiLSighKoh

How'd you end up making an account >.< it wont let me on tunnelbear
  18. ENTYTE5

sow i need to uninstall beta client and install new client and then use tunnel bear?
  19. Hekyl

Tunnelbear worked for me, took ages for the confirmation email to come through from tb but after that started up steam and ps2 took some time but it updated, I logged in got error g37 I think, shut it down, tried again and got in for my first death from friendly fire :eek:

Aus server still down but was able to play on Connery where I have friends anyway. Plus once it ran I logged off tb and ps2 still worked.

Thanks Madspaz and Vicx!
  20. KiwiForce123

Downloaded that tunnel bear thing and it didn't work. I'm not sure if I am using it right, I activated it and put the dial on US, it connected and was going blue so I started PS2 and it showed the same screen: http://i.imgur.com/vn6cy.jpg