SC unlocks not account-based?!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by disky00, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Freyar

APBR, after a year of operation moved weapons to having an account-wide purchase OPTION. The weapons purchased prior to this change were made account-wide (for future characters too) and any duplicates were refunded.
    • Up x 3
  2. WardenSco

Perhaps and out of game shop that's account tied not invame character tied is the answer then.
  3. Cronoc

I have near $190 worth of SC but I'm now holding off on spending it, because I don't know where server populations are going to normalize at. No way am I paying SC for a gun or anything else on a server I might not make my final choice. SC unlocks should be account-wide. Having it be faction based is fine.

What we have in this thread is a legitimate complaint, and a bunch of devil's advocates. So nice that you think spending money is irresponsible, or that because there's no precedent for a game like Planetside 2 that there's no reason for them to take care of their (paying) customer's concerns. In the meantime, I'm not spending anything.
    • Up x 5
  4. Kardes

I will join this bandwagon.

SC unlocks should be faction/account specific.

I can understand my $5 camo should only be Vanu.... I just can't stand that i can't use it on a different server.

Bugs the heck out of me.
    • Up x 3
  5. MegaSmiley

I was afraid this might happen. I will not be spending SC on this game until at the very least cosmetic items are account bound, and weapon purchases are faction bound. I have not decided on a permanent faction or server yet, so purchasing items for a character I may not use in the future is idiotic.
    • Up x 3
  6. Sauranage

Make SC stuff faction based at the very least, otherwise I'm not spending what I have of SC and won't be buying anymore
  7. Cronoc

Seeing as they removed the general discussion forum, this is the most appropriate place.
    • Up x 1
  8. Oddzball

Well, at least you guys can play the damn game. I actually paid for a membership and cant even login.
  9. Storbein

Wasnt going to post anything here on these forums, i am just looking around because i just spent 1000 of these cash points for cosmetic armor, and i cant find any of it, anywhere.
    But that is irrelevant.
    I'd like to remind you that buying cosmetic items here, is not very different from buying mounts and pets in the blizzard store for World of Warcraft, just to use an example most can relate to, there are several other games that sells cosmetic stuff like this, and if it isnt account wide, its usually tradeable between characters on the same account at the very least. Right now, when i saw the prices in this store, i think this games business model is absolutely hideous, what scared me the most, is that they are actually trying to sell ONE TIME USE camouflage at the very steep price of 250 station cash. these prices are ridiculous, also, considering that i bought the alpha package, or for anyone that bought anything for that matter, we still have to suffer the incredible amount of advertisement in the game, and im just gonna say right now there is no way in hell i am going to "subscribe" to a game like this, if they are going to keep the store prices. sorry for the lengthy post, but i am really worried about the future of this game, the guys behind this dont pull their stuff toghether. Id also like to mention that the store is absolutely ridiculous in its entirety, the sale, forexample, says "Gear starter bundle" - yes, thats all, i couldnt possibly justify a purchase of a package that doesnt even have a list of contents.
    Deep inside, this store feels more and more fishy.
    • Up x 1
  10. Emperor

Except Planetside 2 is fundamentally different in that they're not 24-person servers, many of which are community-run and go up-and-down at whim. It's an apples-to-oranges comparison to say, "But it works on all TF2 servers, why doesn't it work on all Planetside servers?"

Also, not all hats can be traded. C'mon, you should know that. For that matter, who really starts an entirely NEW account on Steam? So that point is pretty moot.

Anyway, I can see where you're coming from, disky, in wanting the camo to work across servers, but for this type of game that would honestly be foolish from a business perspective. Most MMOs are like this, as well. The actual COST of the item, for one character, is comparable to the cost of an item for a TF2 character, which is what I was pointing out.

Besides, if you already bought something on one server and want to play with your friend, just get your friend to migrate to your server. It's Day One, I'm assuming aside from any purchases your characters can't be far along.
  11. Locke

Normally I would be on the side of SOE in that I understand they need to make money and have a continuous revenue stream but paying almost £4 a go for a cosmetic feature on one character is crazy. I wasn't really thinking about the amount of money it was initially when I bought some of the different helmets but I doubt I will bother in the future if they stay at that price. Cosmetics should certainly be account wide.
    • Up x 1
  12. Davor

with the possibility (especially with a new game) of outfits switching servers, there should be a way to transfer upgrades from one character to the next, if not account wide unlocks. Really, do we need to grind on every server we play on? I'm going to max out my character slots full of alts so they can all get passive certs, and in a couple months I can grab unlocks with characters i've never played.
    • Up x 1
  13. Shadowflare

Thankfully I only bought one set of cosmetics before reading this..I'll hold of on getting more SC before this is addressed..
  14. HonorIsForever

SOE...Wtf first I buy alpha package then you button hook me with a premium membership BS Then you make me spend 7 bucks on a gun that only 1 dude can use....not that I can use any of them cause of the BS errors after waiting in queue 15 min...nice work as always dont pat yourselfs on the back 2 hard.
  15. ElementalFiend

Unlocks should be account based. There is absolutely NO reason why any person should be expected to buy something more than once to enjoy the game. If I unlock an NC weapon, it should be available to me no matter what server I play NC on.

Please fix this SOE, do not force people to become monetarily tied to specific characters on specific servers. There are any number of reasons that could cause a player to want to create a new character, or move to a different server. Real money purchases should not be lost, EVER.
    • Up x 4
  16. Shadowflare

Also, why can't I use a name of a character I own on multiple servers? Its not like I'd be impersonating myself or anything..I'd want people to know me by one name, regardless of what side or server I happen to be playing on.
    • Up x 2
  17. b4dkarm4

The people making excuses for SOE are forgetting that without some basic common ground, players like myself will NOT spend one single dime to support this game. Most of us are not against putting money into this game, we WANT to. We just arent going to get bent over without lube in the process.

Really, single use camos? Items locked to character after purchase? LOL ok.

We arent asking for freebies or handouts, we are just asking for a little fairness here. This payment model is far from fair no matter how you try and cut it.
    • Up x 5
  18. Cyridius

I think any SC unlocks you make should transfer over to any character on any server as long as that character is the same faction as the one you made unlocks with.
    So feel free to fully kit out your NC guy with **** tonnes of cosmetics, you'll have all those unlocked with NC on any server you play on. Same principal with weapons etc. I'd consider that fair.
    • Up x 1
  19. HonorIsForever

If they arent going to change this BS they should @ least refund all of todays purchases so we know that were about to get it in the rear when we hit the purchase button. Fat chance on that tho.
  20. xpsyclosarinx

What? this is a totally backwards comparison....

"buying a class-specific hat"
    "buying a class-specific gun"

THAT I am totally fine with however I expect to be able to use that "hat" on every character I make on every server I use it on.

What if I get bored and want to make a new char or someone gets my account details and deletes my chars, WTH am I to do then?

It's entirely unfair. Put it this way most people on average spend about $20-$30 on F2P games (of those that actually pay) and they expect permanency for these things. It's not like this isn't doable or you know EXPECTED.

Those of us who bought alpha squad get to have a new weapon for EVERY CLASS, and for EVERY FACTION and for EVERY CHARACTER we make. No exceptions, we get this no matter what char we use. So why the hell do we not get this for our in game purchases!
    • Up x 3