LaunchPad was unable to connect.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by stabbystabby, Nov 20, 2012.

1. ManiacM1ke

Just started working for no apparent reason. =D
  2. Krafty Kiwi

No im Vodafone that is strange and has now made me confused hahaha
  3. Krafty Kiwi

Oh WHAT thats not fair lol
  4. Frostings

Also from NZ with the issue.

The chat support was pointless for me.
  5. ManiacM1ke

Try verifying the integrity of the game cache (library/ right click/ properties/ local files). But other than that I just sat and waited.
  6. euphoricbliss

You just sat and waited with the launcher open on the error message screen?
  7. Krafty Kiwi

I validated through steam still have the same problem.
  8. Alchimes

Working for me now.
  9. Ronski

"LaunchPad was unable to connect" happening to me as well I live in Ketchikan Alaska
  10. Krafty Kiwi

Is someone going to let us know what is happening or are we expected to have a problem and recieve no response cause i am still getting the same annoying message
  11. Madspaz

Another one from NZ reporting in!!!
  12. MisterAnonym

Check your firewall to make sure that awesomiumprocess.exe, planetside2.exe, and launchpad.exe are all allowed through it, and try disabling antivirus software. Worked for me. If it doesn't work, then the problem is somewhere else.
  13. Krafty Kiwi

LaunchPad was unable to connect. Please check the network connection or try again later. If the problem persists, please visit http://www.soe.com/help for assistance.(1-0)
  14. Krafty Kiwi

i have turned off my firewall completely
  15. Cthulhu_Awakens

Also from NZ, on Telecom. It seems there must be a problem with the single internet cable out of our country, that'd be why users on different ISPs are mostly unable to login. Its unfortunate that its not working straight from the install after 10 hours of downloading on a capped internet plan.
  16. Waxdec

NZer here, same issue.

Nothing i do is helping.
  17. Krafty Kiwi

Yeah its a shame i have been waiting a while for this game and i would really like to play it. But at the least i would like to know why this problem has occurred and when we might expect something to change.
  18. Yetskii

Same issue, steam user...

snip from launcher log

Code:
            InitializeBrowserPatcher - Failed to create patcher object factory from directory specified in config, filepath=C:/Users/dad/AppData/LocalLow/Sony Online Entertainment/npsoeact.dll.
        InitializeBrowserPatcher - Attempting to load dll from registry directory, filepath=/npsoeact.dll.
        PatcherDllObjectFactory::Load - Failed to load dll, filepath=/npsoeact.dll, message=The specified module could not be found.

initializeBrowserPatcher - Failed to create patcher object factory from the registry location, filepath=/npsoeact.dll.
        Failed to initialize browser patcher, initialization failed.
            Fatal error occurred, errorCode=1.

has something to do with the npsoeact.dll...Soe Account Dll...just guessing by naming convention...lol
  19. Yetskii

Oh, and I was fine from Middle of August till end of beta.....
  20. Krafty Kiwi

I have tried validating my steam cache numerous times , restarting my modem , restarting my PC , and restarting the client many times i have also turned my firewalls off completely and have an internet connection. ALL FAILED.