LaunchPad was unable to connect.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by stabbystabby, Nov 20, 2012.

1. stabbystabby

i downloaded through steam and i keep getting this message.

LaunchPad was unable to connect. Please check the network connection or try again later. If the problem persists, please visit http://www.soe.com/help for assistance.
    (1-0)

ive tryed reinstalling, validating files, trying on a diffrent user ect and nothing works. any ideas what is causing it. (and no im not using the beta client.)
  2. Frostings

Same and no.

Spent 20 min waiting for a Live Assistance guy. Am still chatting with them now.
  3. KaMiKaZePiG

I was in earlier, but now I'm getting this problem as well. *guessing* it's the login server since Smedly posted something about the login server on twitter.

EDIT: And I'm in!
  4. ENTYTE5

it happening to me 2,am using beta client,do i need download new client?
  5. Deadhead

guess things are a bit overloaded. getting the same error. using the beta client as well.
  6. psycr4ck

yeah, me too trying to start the game with beta client...
  7. Arsat

Me too. Same problem and betaclient.
  8. MA347612890GT4078579

Me as well, also using the beta client. I have really slow internet so I hope I don't have to re-download a fresh client... ;_; I'd like to play the game sometime this week.
  9. Arsat

10. Guildion

I downloaded the new Launchpad, can't login the launchpad :/
  11. Krafty Kiwi

"Launch Pad was unable to connect. Please check the network connection or try again later"

This is extremely annoying i have downloaded off of steam and continue to receive this message^. Does anyone have an idea what it is about ? Overloaded servers ? i have tried restarting my router and turning off my firewall. I DO have internet access.
    A reply would be appreciated.
  12. euphoricbliss

the result of half an hour in chat support. This issue is largely effecting people from New Zealand as far as I was told.
  13. Veratu SOE

Please do not use the Beta client, it will not work and will be prone to problems. Remove your beta client and install with the new installer from www.planetside2.com.
  14. NZCypher819

Yup Im having the same issue and Im in New Zealand.

Error Im getting is: "Launch Pad was unable to connect. Please check the network connection or try again later"

Ive removed the beta client, uninstalled everything to do with planet side 2 that I can find, then reinstalled through Steam. Still same error.

Anyone have a ETA on a fix for this or work around?
  15. Krafty Kiwi

Thankyou for letting us know , im from New Zealand and its typical hahaha small countries with our lag and imaginary servers hahaha im sure they are trying hard to fix the problem.
  16. Alchimes

Same problem for me. Downloaded the game from Steam, Im in Europe.
    LaunchPad was unable to connect. Please check the network connection or try again later. If the problem persists, please visit http://www.soe.com/help for assistance.(4-404)
  17. ghnurbles

Another New Zealander reporting in. OH GOD WHYYYYY.
  18. Xyeth

I downloaded from that link and I'm getting the error message. I was in beta but I unstalled everything and completely deleted all beta directories. I'm located in Florida (in response to the issue being noticed overseas).
  19. Krafty Kiwi

Has it been released in America on steam? because the same problem had occurred with the new Hitman. Steam could be waiting until it is properly released to Americans on the steam servers before we (kiwi's) are able to connect.
  20. ManiacM1ke

Also had the same issue, from New Zealand, downloaded off steam. I have a friend who downloaded off steam and it's working for him and he lives in New Zealand. Is anyone else here a telstra user?