Please do NOT buff Maxes

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by JibbaJabba, Mar 20, 2023.

1. JibbaJabba

Taking away revive takes them out of the hands of new players more than vets.

For vets?
    They are now cheaper and have been given a HUGE buff through weapons against them being nerfed.

The cost reduction is a big mistake. Watch.
  2. Liewec123

they are still 1/2 shot by all of the usual counters.
    the c4 resistance from Ordnance Armour should have absolutely been made baseline now that maxes can't be revived.
  3. TR5L4Y3R

buff max general tankiness in- and outdoor ... nerf ai ...
  4. JibbaJabba

lol they basically baselined kinetic armor by reducing headshot damage.

No more mag dumps to the face. Thanks for making maxes even worse, wrel.
  5. JibbaJabba

How is dropping the cost not a buff?
    How is reducing HS multiplier not a buff?
    Am I spinning things or is wrel?
  6. TR5L4Y3R

again, are you sure it is not meant for the Maxweapons to deal dmg?
    • Up x 1
  7. Demigan

Everyone seems to be missing Jibba’s point.

By buffing the MAX resistances they become even tankier in scenario’s where they already survived. The downside of no longer being revived is a lot less relevant. The cost reduction is also irrelevant in cases where MAX’s are a problem as they’ll survive long enough anyway.

removing revive is the wrong way to go. Make MAX’s more accessible and easier to use along the rest of the infantry but with less tankiness overall against small-arms.
    • Up x 2
  8. TR5L4Y3R

i´d keep the tankiness while decreasing the damage of the max against infantry ...
    imho it should be a mobile wall, not a lawnmover
    but ... where are the resistancechanges mentioned? i only saw a change to HS multiplyer but i read that as the Max weapons dealing dmg than it taking
  9. Demigan

Everyone talked about it as if the resistance was increased.

I read the patchnotes, it looks like the HS damage of MAX weapons was reduced. Which makes more sense because all small-arms have their own HS multiplier on infantry, so it would be weird if all of them suddenly had a second HS multiplier added that only applies to MAX’s. So the MAX can’t be revived and its HS multiplier is reduced. Going from 450 to 350 is barely worth that and it doesn’t solve the actual issues with the MAX. In fact it will amplify them. Even the devs seem to understand this when they say it will likely cause MAX’s to be more timid, meaning standing in places where they are much harder to kill or not used at all.
    • Up x 1
  10. TR5L4Y3R

this patch going live like that will primarily favor the tryhards/veterans.
    it seems to me that either devs really want to go wrong first in order to see HOW WRONG this is gonna feel before they decide to make the changes the playerbase would agree with ... either that ... or they really don´t know what they are doing ...
    the thing that annoys me the most is how the devteam seems to have the agenda to keep infantrybattles primarily confined within bases instead to have them operate in outdoorcombat (supporting armor propper) as well ...
  11. RabidIBM

Taking away MAX rez = buff to pocket nuke. But that's ok right? He's adding fallout hardening right? Ok, now they have to unequip ordinance armour to get fallout hardening, which is a buff to C4.

What class is most known for C4? What class does Wrel play other than infil?
  12. T.A.94

Max buff in getting more resistant to HS dmg?
    What are you smoking?!?
    The headshot multiplier of maxweapons will be reduced from 2 to 1.5.....

Tested it on PTS VR. 143 and 167 need an additional bullet for a clean chain compared to live.
  13. waystin2

The no-rez thing makes some sense as there is a trade-off with the lower resource cost of 350. What is the balance to the HS nerf though?
  14. Somentine

The HS nerf makes sense, just not as the only damage nerf. When NWA was removed maxes effectively got a 20% damage buff.
  15. Demigan

I think you may have too rose-tinted goggles with that.

I think that some few MAX’s can still get their game on by clinging to good spots, but the average player is going to stop using the MAX. 350 nanites for an unrevivable MAX is still ludicrously expensive for a unit so immensely dependent on its allies. So most players against the MAX are still going to say this change is good as they suddenly don’t see MAX’s as often. They’ll still complain about the few that do survive and ask for more nerfs but overall it will be received positively while the MAX players are basically pushed out.

Even just trying it isn’t good. Even with the devs underpinning the potential drawback, if not enough MAX’s are pulled to make it too big a deal for the opposition the devs are likely to keep it. Which is actually a worst-case scenario: you dont want people to stop using tools altogether and you definitely dont want the remainder to only use it as farmtools.
  16. Shadowpikachu

Consider the point of maxes are walls with consistent damage, they get less potential but more consistency, NWA max bodyshots was way too slow to be as useful as it's worth.
  17. Somentine

Body shotting with max weapons was never 'too slow'. NWA was only removed like a year ago, and Maxes have been broken long before that.