[Suggestion] LodeStar buffs

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RabidIBM, Feb 20, 2023.

1. RabidIBM

Adding a new mechanism for logistics was a good idea, but I think we have to admit that the LodeStar is a bit weak. By a bit, I mean very, which is why we rarely see them. I do also think that no matter what is done with it it will always be the short lived spawn point that gets the faction to the base, but doesn't sustain them through the long fight. This is fine, but right now it barely even does that. My suggested buffs are:

1. Make the LodeStar integral gear, rather than taking the defensive slot. This will give the defensive slot back, and deal with the whole issue of people forgetting they exist.

2. Reduce the time for the shield to go up to something like 2 seconds. Basically, as soon as it's deployed and not being shot at, get some shields up so it lives a bit longer.

3. Make sunderer exclusion zones not apply to LodeStars. This will result in the short lived spawn being somewhere really nice to get people into position. I don't think this would be imba because the LodeStar is fat enough that it will die quickly even if it is deployed somewhere insanely good.
    • Up x 1
  2. Liewec123

I like the idea of making lodestar exempt from no deploy zones, it is such a big target that it needs something special.

I'd give lodestar a very bad cloak (while the shield is active), so you can see it fairly easily within 30m
    but it would protect it from getting shot by every tank and aircraft within 1000m.
  3. RabidIBM

Cloak might be a bit much, maybe just not glow in brilliant faction colour when the shield is up?
  4. LodeTria

It should also be immune to flak when deployed.
  5. Liewec123

I'm thinking super easy to spot cloak, so if you're at the base you can see it,
    but if you're in a neighbouring hex or flying by in a Lib you wont :)

The biggest issue that I find with lodestar is that it is a galaxy, and you can see a gal from miles away,
    Free certs for any tank or aircraft within 1000m!
    My super weak cloak would aim to prevent the gal from being spotted from crazy far ranges without making it much harder to see from anywhere within the base where it is deployed :D
    • Up x 1